Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Organization are increasingly challenge with many complex problem. There is a general outcry that standard of organization are falling and output are flagging some blame the workers for this apparent decline in organization output, a thoughtful few think that they are due to the nature of change in all direction. Majority blame the management for the woes in our organization; manager are not as devoted and dedicated to the course of good output as their predecessors.
Management as a group blames the government for unattractive condition of services, policy implementation and poor physical facilities in the organization.
Therefore, an effective leadership influences a group of people in a particular situation towards the achievement of a goal or set of organization goals. The leader must be courageous in all aspect within the organization. An organization like Simridu Nigeria limited must have a leader who is focus and be able to defend his action and the interest of his subordinates. He must believes in his own potentials.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Leadership is a social influencing process for the attainment of goals. A leader is the most influential person in an organization who provides direction, guides group activities and ensure that group objectives are attained. The function of leadership persuades all organization; a good leader therefore is one who is capable of persuading others to move enthusiastically toward the achievement of group goals.
Alan and Robert defined leadership as a process where one person exert social influences over the member of a group. A leader then, is a person for the purpose of influencing their behavior. It is safe to say that:
- All leader have influence
- They provide direction
- They help in the achievement of groups
Leadership characteristically “induce” or “inspire” other to achieve. Leadership occurs within a specific situation, in the social setting, there is a person, a position and a situation. Despite all that has been written about leader, there has no consensus concerning the primary role or function of leadership.
Indeed, the ability to lead effectively is one of the key to being an effective manager or leader. However, the essence of leadership is followership. In other words, it is the willingness of the subordinate to follow that make a person a leader. Moreso, people intend to follow those who they see as providing them a means of achieving their own desires, want and needs.
To lead is to guide, conduct, direct and precede. Leader act to help a group or organization achieved objectives with maximum application of its capabilities. They do not stand behind or a group to push or shout at them, they place themselves before the group as they facilitate progress and inspire the group to accomplish organizational goal. Therefore, leadership is to induce or persuade all subordinate or follower to contribute willingly to achieve organizational goal.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work is aimed towards finding solution to the numerous problem leadership is face with in Lagos , Lagos. These problems include:
- Lack of Focus: Is a broad framework for action by defining major objective. Inability of a leader to establish what the organization is trying or aim to achieve.
- Lack of Leadership Skill: This include administrative inability, lack of interpersonal relationship with subordinate.
- Lack of Confidence and Trust: A Leader that has local degree of confidence and trust will not have full control over subordinate.
- Corruption: Embezzlement and mis-appropriation of fund by leader.
- Autocratic Leadership instead of democratic.
- It can do it alone syndrome among other things.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The primary aim of this research work is to look into the following issues:
- The role of effective leadership toward achieving organizational objectives using Lagos , Lagos as a case study.
- The study is also set out to find out the factor affecting good leadership styles in the organization or factor militating against achieving the organization objectives.
- The study aim at suggesting possible solution to the leadership problem in Lagos , Lagos and the importance of having good and effective leaders.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
This work intends to investigate “the role of effective leadership toward achieving organization objectives” with reference to Simridu Nigeria limited Lagos. Research questions are:
a) What are the roles of effective leadership styles in Lagos , Lagos?
b) Is there any positive impact of effective leadership toward achieving organization objective?
c) What are the problems confronting effective leadership in Simridu Nigeria limited Lagos?
d) Is effective leadership is the best interest of the organization and employee?
e) Is effective leadership to enhance effective, efficient and dynamic workers character toward work and performance?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work is aimed at finding possible solution to leadership in simridu Nigeria limited, Lagos, this research work will also help government and non-governmental agencies to understand the problem of effective leadership and to identify way of solving the problem. The study will also help students or an institution who will also want to make finding on a similar topic. Also, it will help any individual who happen to lay his hand or read through the study to understand the role of effective leadership in the society, organization, home and where human resources are needed.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research cover the leadership styles of Simridu Nigeria limited Lagos which is the case study of the project.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Many constraints are encountered in carrying out this research work. The researcher encountered the following problem in carrying out this study these are:
i) The research must survey all the five (5) units of Simridu Nigeria limited Lagos in concluding this research.
ii) Another constraint is lack of sufficient fund to move from one unit to another because the institutions have 5 units in different location.
iii) Another prominent problem is time, the time within which the study is to be carried out is acute.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
a) Leadership: It the state or position to lead a group of people in a country or in an organization.
b) Effective: Producing the result that is wanted or intended.
c) Objective: A set of goals that one is trying to achieve within a given period.
d) Organization: It is a process of arrange different unit within an organization with the aim of working together to achieve a specific goal.
e) Qualities: Thing this is part of a person character especially the good side.
f) Achieving: To succeed in a particular goal status or standard, especially making an effort for a long time.
g) Motivation: The process of influencing one behavior with certain incentives to improve his productivity or output.
h) Subordinates: A person with less power and authority in an organization and he is answerable to a boss.
i) Principal: A person who is incharge of an organization or college.
j) Administrator: A person whose job is to manage and organize the public or business affair of an organization or institution.
k) Leader: A person who leads a group of people especially the head of an organization, country etc.
l) Democratic Leader: A leader that carry all member of the organization alone in decision making and running the business also known as participating leader.
m) Supervisor: A person who is incharge of a work to ensure that everything is done correctly.
n) Theory: The principal in which a particular subject is based.
o) Task: A pieces of work that one has to do especially hard or unpleasant one.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STORE CODING AND MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION AND EFFECT ON STORE EFFICIENCY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY (NBC))» Chapter I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Store code and material identification has witnessed great transformation in recent times due to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Construction projects in Nigeria are worth Billions of Naira, it is of great importance that cons...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Customer satisfaction has long been recognized in marketing thought and practice as a central con...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTS OF MARKETING SEGMENTATION ON SALES PERFORMANCE IN BEVERAGES INDUSTRY WITH A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIG. PLC KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Marketing has over the years advanced from various concepts and philosophies, which include the production concept, selli...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Nigerian economy for long has been characterized with little wonder, Nigeria is often known a...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTChapter one1.0 Introduction Chapter Two2.0 Literature review 2.1 History of canned tomato 2.2 Types of canned Tomatoes 2.3 Nutrition f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Employee job performance is one of the crucial factors in maintaining and increasing effectiveness within a company or organization there are...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 Introduction In Nigeria today, there is a rapid change in the business environment such that the product market competition is ever increasing amo...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT ON MANPOWER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT (A Case Study of National Television Authority)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Manpower Training is very vital for any development of any Organization. Why some organizations t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Almost from the day we are born we all belong to some organization, each of us belong to a family, an...Continue Reading »