Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The concept of ICT innovation has been one of the concept of globalization. ICT innovation has been shown in different part of the world and different sectors of the economy. ICT innovation has improved work performance and has brought efficiency and effectiveness in all works of life.
The introduction of ICT into the financial system has done more good than harm. It has been able to reduce work load, efficient service and good banking system. Though ICT has brought about negative effect like cyber-crime and other internet fraud, it has bring innovation into the financial and that is why this research will be design to study the effect of information, communication technology innovation on the banking system of Nigeria.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Banking is basically a service industry operated by human beings, for the benefit of the general public. As such it is natural that the services provided by banks cannot be 100 percent perfect, and should not be at zero level either. Customers’ discontentment stem most especially from unending hours wasted in the banks to withdraw or deposit their money; delayed, irregular and incorrect rendition of bank statements of accounts; un-standardized accounting practices, procedures, codes and classifications; delay in the clearance of cheques lodged in by customers; and inflation of interest, charges and other irregular charges, among others. It is in an effort to change this situation that the Nigerian banking industry, against all odds, has gone neck deep into the adoption of Information Communication Technology as sine qua non for to improving banking services. Now, having adopted it for effective and efficient service delivery, can it be absented that the situation has changed for the better? The Nigerian banking industry was known for its under-development, inexpensiveness and congestion because it was geographically constrained. Banking services such as foreign exchange arbitration and futures trading were all inhibited due to non-adoption of ICT. Now that it is part and parcel of the system, has there been any change for the better, and if not, why? This is another problem of this work. The next problem relates to lack of effective financial intermediation, problem of product differentiation and/or customization, and segmentation and targeting. How has the adoption of it affected this?
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDIES
The broad objective of this research, based on the statement of the problem therefore, is to determine if IT has played any role as a tool for improving banking services in Nigeria. Specifically, the research seeks to achieve the following objectives:
1. To find out if the consumers of banking services feel that they are now promptly attended to when they want to withdraw or deposit their money than before.
2. To find out if the customer gets their statements of account regularly and in time too.
3. To find out if there is any improvement or enhancement in the customers’ foreign exchange transactions; especially as it relates to remittance of foreign currencies to or from overseas sources.
4. To find out if there are still services which customers want but which banks cannot render.
Based on the foregoing, the following hypotheses are formulated:
H0: Despite the adoption of ICT by the Nigerian banking industry, customers still cannot withdraw their money in shorter period of time than before.
Hi: With the adoption of ICT by the Nigerian banking industry, customers can now withdraw their money in less time than before.
Ho: Despite the adoption of ICT by the Nigerian banking industry, customers still cannot get their statement of accounts regularly and timely.
Hi: With the adoption of by the Nigerian banking industry, customers now get their statements of accounts regularly and timely.
Ho: Despite the introduction of ICT by the Nigerian banking industry, bank customers still cannot remit or receive foreign currencies to or from overseas sources in shorter period of time than before.
Hi: With the introduction of ICT by the Nigerian banking industry, bank customers now remit or receive foreign currencies to or from overseas sources in less time than before.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research was aim at studying the effect of information, communication technology innovation of banking system in Nigeria with reference to Guarantee Trust Bank(Gtb).
The main limitations of this work are cost and time resources. This study is only surveying the headquarter of Gtb bank in Lagos States. In as much as the bank branches take instructions from their head offices; there are the possibilities of regional imbalances and therefore differences. But the cost of carrying out a countrywide survey is not a thing that can easily be afforded by a student. In view of this limited scope of the study. The findings of this work should .be used with caution.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Perfume product is very important to the health of the human being. It is used for preserving the...Continue Reading »
» Chapter I: Introduction This project work is titled Negotiation skills as tool for enhancing timely delivery of material. It is inevitable for every o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small businesses are now increasing being perceived as an important contributor to e...Continue Reading »
4. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND ITS IMPACT ON THE MANAGEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF MTN MOBILE COMMUNICATION NIGERIA LTD.)» ABSTRACT This study examined the corporate governance and its impact on the management of. An organization usingMTN Mobile Communication Nigeria Limit...Continue Reading »
5. AN APPRAISAL OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT CONCEPT AS A STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA REFINING AND PETROCHEMICAL...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need for the production function is to make up with the growing complexity of industrial needs has brought...Continue Reading »
» Chapter I: Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Purchasing departments are increasingly seen as highly valued strategic contributors to the organi...Continue Reading »
7. OPERATIONALIZING INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL OF PROFIT MAXIMIZATION IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Inventory, in most of the industries, accounts for the broad proportion of gross working capital....Continue Reading »
8. STORE CODING AND MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION AND EFFECT ON STORE EFFICIENCY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY (NBC))» Chapter I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Store code and material identification has witnessed great transformation in recent times due to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Event management is an exciting and growing industry, as well as a unique career opportunity for everyone with a passion ...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO ECOBANK PLC, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study An organization may be profit oriented or non profit oriented. The fact remains that every organi...Continue Reading »