Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The present day condition of the continuous rise in prices of commodities (consumable and durable) all over the country is well known to the populace and thus, the price increase has affected individuals in several ways, such as reduction in the standard of living people, high interest rate, etc the factor which affect this price escalation of consumable and durable commodities are broadly categories into human and natural factors. In the first place, the prices of the consumable and durable commodities will be high if many middle men partake in the process of distribution of the goods.
Also, it has been proved that production cost is a direct valuable an the price of goods after every producer, has a duty of not only to recover investments but also to maximize profit. Secondly, the prices of goods can also be attributed to natural reasons, which are beyond the control of man. For instance, a period of unpleasant weather of heavy rainfall will definitely result to low production output. Thereby leading to a reduction in the supply of consumable product and consequently affects their prices. It is clear therefore that price of goods is an inverse proportion of the market supply.
Apart from the factors mentioned above, other factors such as transportation cost labour and in fact all the factors of precaution account for the high increase in the prices of consumables products. The cost of all these are added to the real cost of the product to inflate or increase the prices. Hence, it implies that when the prices of these factors increase, indirectly the prices of the production will definitely increase and vice-versa.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
In this research the main concern is transportation, the effect of transportation on prices, how does bad transportation system affect the prices of consumable and durable commodities? Also what relationship has distance with these products that are transported have on the relative prices of each products? Does good transportation system reduces prices of consumable and durable products in any way? These are aforementioned questions from the background to this study.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effects of transportation on relative prices of some selected products in Oredo L.G.A. of Edo State.
This study will also highlight on the relationship between transportation and the price of consumables products in this local government area.
Also, this study will also try to show the effects of this high price on those that are involved in consuming the gods (the consumer).
Finally, to highlight and suggest solution or remedy to combat such price increase.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
There are quite a lot of contributions that this study will make. In the first instance the study will clearly show how transportation cost affect the prices of consumable and durable products. It will also show the various means of transportation found in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State and the problem association with them.
The government on their part has been insensitive about the problems of transportation in most Local Government Area and this has resulted in poor transportation system. Therefore, an increase of relative price of the consumable and durable products. In synopsis therefore, a critical study of all the points aforementioned will help the government to look at these problems of inadequate and inefficient transportation system especially at the local government level and find possible solution to ameliorate the plight of the people (consumers).
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1. There is no significant effect of transportation cost on prices of commodities in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
2. Bad transportation system does not affect prices of commodities in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
1.6 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: the researcher was with limited finance; he or she could not cover all the areas of Oredo local government area of Edo State.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: the researcher being a student must be involve in other activities like presentation of seminars, departmental assignment which made him or she to be left with limited time; but he or she was able to meet up with the time allocated for the presentation of the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER INSTRUCTION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE.» Abstract This study was centered on strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza South LGA of Ebonyi State. Computer is ...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR STUDENTS’ LOW ENROLLMENT IN BUSINESS SUBJECT IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to look into the factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in ten (10) selecte...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the relevance of human resource in today’s business environment. The total population for the study is 200 staff manag...Continue Reading »
4. PROBLEM AND PROSPETS OF SMALL SCALE FISH FARMERS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNEMNT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The story of aquaculture in Nigeria is essentially the story of catfish culture and the hope of fish supply in Nigeria hang o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Material Management was first discovered as very important function during the Second World War. After industrial revolut...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small scale business constitute an important component of the Nigerian industrial sector. The importance of this sector c...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION OF THE STUDY 1.1 BACKGROUND Micro finance Bank (describe here as small scale financial services to claim that they are economically a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A budget is a comprehensive, formal plan that estimates the probable expenditures and revenues for an organization over a specific period. De...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT MATTER Soap has been a product with over a 5000 years history. It has remained an essential...Continue Reading »
10. ATTITUDE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION TEACHERS TOWARDS TEACHING: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STAT...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teaching is an old profession for centuries the teachers has been a reverend individual, a person...Continue Reading »