Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Product plays a central role in the activities of all organisations it is the medium through which an organisation achieve the actual objectives of maximizing consumers and organisational satisfaction. Modern marketing practice commences by monitoring the nature of the consumer needs and then deploy one. Resources in a manner consistent with maximizing the return on assets employed. However, the medium through which the firm attempts to maximize its objectives is the product. In an attempt to keep peace with the growing competitive market environment, business are constrained to adopt different intensive growth strategies among which include product development, and modification have assumed innovation bearing in the face of prevailing market competitive. More so, the need for companies to overcome the impending dangers posed by present economic recession calls for product development that will lead to attaining a reasonable return on investment.
Finally, this study has borne out of the desire to examine the relevance of product development and management in a manufacturing company, taking a case study of the Nigeria Bottling Company Plc, Benin City.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
There is little doubt that awaits the innovative firm whose intent is searching widely for new product ideals and evaluating those on a systematic basic but success will not follow from installation and carrying procedures along. Much responsibilities devolve on management not only to create a prosperous climate for thinking about the desirability of proceeding when static formular can not provide clear answer.
The problem therefore has on the following pertinent question.
1) How can packing be used as an insurance against a decline of interest in the existing brand of soft drink?
2) In using multi-brand strategy, is it possible to predict consumers acceptance of the newly created brand on the basis of their loyalty to the old brand.
3) Can the expectation from packing as a silent salesman be realized.
4) Can product differentiation be used successfully in a long term without leading the predictable reaction the competitors can either emulate or improve upon this more preferred offering.
5) Can product life-cycle chart really be dependable to predict the behaviour of a brand of soft-drink in the market place.
6) Are there opportunities for marketers to augment their product as a competitive strategy positioning play a role in the development of a new product.
7) Does product positioning play a role in the development of a new product.
8) Does the management of Nigeria Bottling Company make adequate provision to control environmental pollution caused by broken bottles crushed crates, corks, and bent cans that letter out streets.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study is designed to achieved the following objective.
ü To examine the extent to which innovation in packing can be used to increase demand and usage for existing brand of soft-drink.
ü To find the extent to which product life-cycle chart is used to predict how many specific brand of soft-drinks we have in the market place.
ü To find out the relevance and advantages involved in product positioning in the development of a new and existing product.
ü To find out the extent a firm can command significant patronage through product differentiation in the midst of competing brands in the bottling companies.
ü To find out the relevance of product development and management in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc.
ü To find out efforts made by management of Nigeria Bottling Company to reduce the problem of environmental pollution.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1) Does product play any role in the development and management of a manufacturing company?
2) What are the role of a product towards the development and management of a manufacturing outfit?
3) How can a product and the development of a manufacturing company?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
The following are the hypotheses generated for this study.
ü Ho: Product development and management does not help organisation to have good product to get repeat sales are not needed for a business to stay.
Hi: Product development and management helps organisation to have good products to get repeat sales are needed for a business to stay.
ü Ho: Product development and management does not increase or boost organisation market share and profit.
Hi: Product development and management helps the organisation to protest its market share and profit in a competitive environment.
ü Ho: Effective product development and management does not bring about product relationship.
Hi: Effective product development and management brings about product relationship.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is expected that the study will be of significant to the following.
The research will give the Nigeria Bottling Company Plc an insight into the need exploit certain marketing opportunities. The companies will equally intensely effort at engaging in product development with respect to areas where little or no attention has been placed.
The application of this study by the organisation will enable consumers to be well informed about the product through trade mark, content, ingredient and data of manufacturing and expiring date. Above all they can protest an injustice done against the interest of consumers.
The government would appreciate the need to create product development centre or to be able to assess and evaluate product weather it matches with standard organisation of Nigeria (SON). Again an improvement on the development of product by Nigeria Bottling Company Plc might increases sale volume. The government in this case stands to gain both from excise duties and corporate taxes.
This will help those who may found this research work helpful in carrying out a related topic.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to the relevant of product development and management in a manufacturing company, using Nigeria Bottling Company Plc, Benin City as a case study, the study will therefore be limited to the following areas.
What product development is all about and what product development, product classification, new product development life cycle, branding packaging labeling, what product wants to accomplish when using the product. A student would buy a bottle of coca-cola when thirty, in this ways the marketer will recognize many opportunities for augmenting its offers services in a competitive effect way. A company that concentrates on the consumer satisfaction including installation, operator training, free delivery, warranty financing arrangements after sales service has the best chance of wining customers in the long run to her product. The new competitive is not between want companies product in their factory output in the form of packaging, services, advertising advisory services, financing delivery, were housing and communication product differentiation, product modification product positioning and evaluation of product its strategy results are the relevance important of product development.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In the course of gathering necessary data for the execution of this research work, the researcher met with a lot of constraint.
Some of the problem includes time, finance, attitude of respondents and constraints. It was difficult to get appointment from the public relations department to collect data needed for the study. Due to financial constraints faced by the researcher, data analysis was narrowed down to a particular institution of Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Benin City.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Product: it is any thing that can be offered to a market for attentions acquisition use or consumption that might satisfy a want or a need.
Strategy: it is planned sometimes in outline only for reaching certain objectives usually qualified and more often on a relative longtime basis.
Soft drink: it refers to non-alcoholic drinks most especially fruit juices such as Fanta, Malta Guinness, Amstal Malta, Coke etc.
Marketing strategy: it is a fundamental marketing activated by which the business firms intend to achieve its marketing objectives.
Services: it is an act or offer performance of one part to another that is essentially intangible and does not result in the ownership of any thing.
Price: it is the value placed on what is exchanged.
Promotion: it is the communicating of information between the buyer and seller with a vie to changing attitude or behaviour.
Sales promotion: this is the activity that acts as direct inducement, offering added value or incentive for the product, reseller sale person or consumer.
New product: this is one that is new to the company but not necessarily new to the market where the generic product already exists.
Brand: it is a name, term, sign, symbol or design or combination of them which is intended to identify the product or services of one seller and differentiate them form those of the competitors.
Packaging: it is the activity involved in designing and producing the container or wrapper for a product.
Brand loyalty: it is the active support by consumers in containing consumption of a particular brand on the face of competition by other branded substitutes.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CASH MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA (A case study of Dangote cement Plc. Gboko)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Cash management is essential to every business that desires to meet up with its short term financ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on customer perceived values and customers satisfaction in travel agency in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 200 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Production is one of the most important function of management in every organization. The essence of ...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROMOTING INDUSTRIAL HARMONY IN NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTROUDUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Human resource function becomes recognized as a central business concern sequel to its ability t...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY INTO BUDGET, AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AND ITS LINK TO ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MERCHANT BANK KORIDUA BRANCH)» INTRODUCTION Following the uncertainties prevailing in the Ghanaian business environment today, managers and stakeholders must be poised and prepared ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditional budgeting has been criticized for a long time now for its inadequacy as a means of ma...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Internal control has played a major role in risk management especially in the banking industry in Nigeria. According to B...Continue Reading »
8. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The business environment today has become so dynamic that the decision to structure or restructur...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF MULTI-TAXATION ON SURVIVAL OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE...» Abstract Small and medium enterprises play a very important role in development of the Nigerian economy. The SMEs sector's importance in the economic ...Continue Reading »
10. FAILURE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS IN ENUGU STATE).» ABSTRACT This study is set to investigate the causes of failure in small scale enterprises in Nigeria, with a view to proffer solutions. In every e...Continue Reading »