Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 39 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Productivity is defined as the relative efficiency of economic activity—that is, the amount of products or services produced compared to the amount of goods and labor used to produce it. While industry, in a general sense, the production of goods and services in an economy. The term industry also refers to a group of enterprises (private businesses or government-operated corporations) that produce a specific type of good or service—for example, the beverage industry, Some industries produce physical goods, such as lumber, steel, or textiles. Other industries—such as the airline, railroad, and trucking industries—provide services by transporting people or products from one place to another. Still other industries, such as the banking and restaurant industries, provide services such as lending money and serving food, respectively.
Motivation, cause of an organism's behaviour, or the reason that an organism carries out some activity. In a human being, motivation involves both conscious and unconscious drives. Psychological theories must account for a “primary” level of motivation to satisfy basic needs, such as those for food, oxygen, and water, and for a “secondary” level of motivation to fulfil social needs such as companionship and achievement. The primary needs must be satisfied before an organism can attend to secondary drives.
The American psychologist Abraham Maslow devised a six-level hierarchy of motives that, according to his theory, determine human behaviours. Maslow ranks human needs as follows: (1) physiological; (2) security and safety; (3) love and feelings of belonging; (4) competence, prestige, and esteem; (5) self-fulfilments; and (6) curiosity and the need to understand. No single theory of motivation has been universally accepted, but a direction is evident. Formerly, many psychologists stressed the reduction of stimulation to its lowest possible level. An organism was thought to pursue that behaviour most likely to bring about this desired state of no stimulation. Many human physiological systems do in fact operate in this manner. Recent cognitive theories of motivation, however, portray humans seeking to optimize rather than minimize stimulation and are thus better able to account for exploratory behaviour, the need for variety, aesthetic reactions, and curiosity.
It is clear that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and effectively. The “motivation can be said to be a driving force that gives rise to behaviour in relationship to the nature of the force”. Its non or improper application can cause inefficiency to workers, thereby causing the organization to have low level of productivity. Any firm whose aim is to maximize profit and have high labour productivity should try to know what makes individuals to work very efficiently in the organization.
The finding of motivational model that can be used to make workers reach the stated objectives and goals of an organization is the main aim of an organization and this study. The understanding of why people behave as they do and the ability to motivate them to behave in a specific way they are interrelate qualities, which are important to managerial effectiveness. Satisfactions of subordinates who are involved in every organizational activity are a basic tool for any manager to carry out his function very well. It is good for a manager to know the employees, because it is an objective of coming into the organization, because it is believed that these motivation workers hard in an organization. The manager should try and provide the solution to these needs. Management should try to see that workers are satisfied with the working conditions and environment of the organization, as these will help workers to work effectively. However, their study is vented to Nigeria Bottling Company Limited to find out the way and effects of employees motivation on workers for effective productivity.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The main problem that leads to the research of the impact of staff motivation in Nigeria Bottling Company Limited are as follows:
1. To determine what motivates workers in an organization
2. The problem of motivational techniques to be used to motivate workers in their various work places.
3. How effective are the existing motivational techniques on the efficiency of workers.
The problems have in some cases resulted in shabby production process in the organization. The researchers embark on writing of this project as to recommend avenues for solving these problems for effective production. The problems are as follows
1. Continuous decreasing of productivity
2. Ineffective productivity
3. There is reduction in output
4. Problems of identifying workers’ needs
5. Low performance of workers
6. Problem of selecting the right motivational techniques to be used.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study has its objectives as follows:
1. To know what motivates employees
2. To create a relationship between motivation and job performance
3. To discover if productivity actually increases by the motivation of the workers in an organization
4. To determine how workers react to different types of motivational techniques
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The knowledge of the impact of staff motivation productivity is the importance study, as a manager who uses the right motivational techniques will satisfy his workers in achieving the organizational goals. This project will assist managers in understanding of what really motivate workers. It will also help researchers to know that human wants are numerous, but at least to some extent needs a careful management in order achieve the stated goals and objectives of an organization. Further more, the facts from this research work could be used as an intervention policy measure should there be crises that is related to this project.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does employee’s motivation affect productivity?
2. Does employee motivation affect productivity in a manufacturing
3. Is motivation important in an organization?
4. How does motivation increase productivity in organization?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The only used establishment on this study was Nigeria Bottling Company limited, Warri depot, no other establishment or organization was used.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERM
In avoidance of mis-interpretation and mis-conception of ideas from this study, it will be of help to define some of the principle terms used in the course of this study.
Motivation: All the activities involved in the satisfaction of workers derived, desire, need and similar forces in order to induce them to act in a desire manner towards achieving goals and objectives.
Output: Quantity of goods produced
Effective: Able to bring about result intended
Efficiency: Producing a desired result
Responses: Ones reaction to something
Satisfy: When one is contended on something we say that his satisfied.
Labour: Skilled and unskilled worker in an organization
Identify: Knowing one’s need
Management: Those concerned in managing an organization.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF MOTIVATION AS A TOOL FOR INCREASING EMPLOYEE EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY (A STUDY OF SELECTED BANKS IN NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In recent times, managers and management researchers have long believed that organizational goals...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF TAX INCENTIVES AND CONCESSION ON GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF SMEs IN NIGERIA CASE STUDY OF (SME TAXPAYERS IN IKEJA LAGOS STATE, IBADAN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Small businesses are seen as one key source of economic growth. For this reason, myriad economic...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF INSOURCING OR OUTSOURCING DECISION ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF PZ IN CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Insourcing and/or Outsourcing decision is referred to in purchasing as sourcing policy decisi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the effect of financial incentives on staff productivity in Niyya foods Kaduna. The research question that guided the stud...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: (A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY ...» ABSTRACT The increased demand for information and communication technology (ICT) in banking sector became imminent and unavoidable in the world at lar...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF THE NATURE AND IMPACT OF BUSINESS ETHICS ON ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The research provides an evaluation of the nature and impact of business ethics on organizational performance. It proffers a structural study...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project is focused on feasibility studies: a requirement for starting a new cooperative business in Nigeria. The importance of a well pre...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT PRACTICES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF KANO STATE INVESTMENT AND PROPERTIES LIMITED, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, portfolio management and firm performance have in recent years become popular topical i...Continue Reading »
9. ANALYSIS OF THE ROLE OF PACKAGING AS A PROMOTIONAL TOOL IN THE MARKETING OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF WEAVONS (A STUDY OF AYMAN ENTERPRISES LIMITED AND LIND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Christian evangelization has spread through the face of the earth. This is made possible by the aid o...Continue Reading »
10. AN APPRAISAL OF SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENUESHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF JULI SUPERMARKET LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The study proffers an appraisal of success criteria for entrepreneurship business in Nigeria.Entrepreneurship is The capacity and willingness...Continue Reading »