Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Plant maintenance is the comprehensive management of machineries and fool in a factory. This could take the form of preventing of breakdown through extensive lubrication of machine, detection of fault carryout minor repairs and replacement of obsolete spare parts at interval to enhance efficient production and consequently enhance quality and productivity (Edward, 2007).
Maintenance of plant and equipment use in production lead to the production of high quality product, increase speed of production and enhance the overall plant performance. The maximum utilization of maintenance resources enhance cost reduction or controls a substantial part of the total operating budget in most plants as well as reduction in total labour cost through increase speed of production and efficiency. The impact of maintenance of plant cannot be overemphasized sequel to it importance in enhancing the quality of production.
In recent years, a firm has given more attention to the quality of the product or services they produce. The act of monitoring and improving the quality of product and services produce is commonly referred to as total quality management. Which gives emphasis on production efficiency the ability to produce products at a low cost? This will consequently give a firm competitive advantage.
It is against this that most firms embark on plant maintenance in order manufacture high quality product efficiently to reduce cost and make high sales.
However, most firms use the wrong technique of maintenance sequel to cost reduction but incur such cost when breakdown interacts with production leading great loss.
It is against this background that the researcher sees the subject matter, the impact of plant and equipment maintenance on quality production as an issue worthy of being investigated. Putting a searchlight on Nigeria breweries Kaduna plant.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The inability of an organization to effectively maintain its plant and equipment result in poor product quality, reduction in production speed, or affect other factors that limit overall plant performance. This subsequently leads to production failure in the market and could lead the collapse of an organization. It is against this, that researcher sees the subject matter, the impact of plant and equipment on quality production as an empirical problem worthy of investigation. Hence the researcher intends to study plant and equipment maintenance and their impact on quality production in Nigeria breweries P.L.C with search light on Kaduna plant and in particular their maintenance Department.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The broad objective of the study is to examine the impact of maintenance of plant and equipment on quality production in Nigeria breweries Kaduna. The specific objective is to:
I. Examine how maintenance of plant and equipment affect standard of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
II. Find out how maintenance of plant and equipment affect efficiency and speed of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
III. Identify the effect of plant and equipment maintenance on quality production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
IV. Identify the problems militating against effective plant and equipment maintenance in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
V. Proper possible solutions to the identified problems.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study will contribute to policy formulation as regard plant and equipment in organization. As such Nigeria Breweries Kaduna will find the result of the research useful especially as they utilize the finding to enhance the maintenance of their plant and equipment.
The study will also contribute to existing body of knowledge on the subject matter.
It is worthy to know that the research will be a good reference material to incoming students who may wish to use the research as reference material or a springboard for further research.
1.5 Research Questions
1. How does plant equipment maintenance affect the standard of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
2. How does plant and equipment maintenance affect efficiency and speed of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
3. What is the effect of plant and equipment on quality production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
4. What are the problems militating against plant and equipment maintenance in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study covers the empirical examination of the impact of maintenance on quality control to this end; empirical data will be collected from Nigeria breweries Kaduna. The study will equally cover an evaluation of how plant and equipment maintenance affect standard of production as well as well as its effect on efficiency and speed of production. The study equally identifies the problems militating against Nigeria breweries plc Kaduna. Data and information will be for a period of 5 years that is 2006-2010.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Plant: A factory where production process falls place (ponal, 2003).
Maintenance: The act of keeping plant machineries and equipment in good condition by checking or repairing it regularly (Paula, 2006).
Quality production: The degree to which production meet a require specification or standard (obodoeeh, 2006).
Quality control: This is a process determining whether the quality of a product or service meets the desire quality level (Lawal, 2003).
TQM: Acronym for total quality management (Eghe, 2006).
TPM: Acronym for total productive maintenance (okoh, 2003).
Productivity: The rate at which a firm produces good and the amount produced compare to how much time, labour and capital used in producing them (Donald, 2003).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This extended Essay provide an assessment of the effect of motivation incentive on bank employee, banking industry with first bank plc Kaduna...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION ON CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOUR (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY N.B.C PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Most often marketing is associated with efforts of business firms selling their goods and services however, also many peo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is carried out to examine the training and development of human resource in building operation in Union Bank Plc, Oko branch. To a...Continue Reading »
4. INNOVATION STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a highly competitive environment, innovation is the essential key to a firm obtaining a domina...Continue Reading »
5. THE APPLICATION OF LINEAR PROGRAMMING IN PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF CRUNCHES FRIED CHICKEN AKA ROAD)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 2. Linear programming (LP) can be defined as a mathematical technique for determining the best a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Business is absolutely a complex activity. This is because it involves a lot of technicalities ra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The vision 20:2020 policy was articulated during Olusegun Obasanjo administration (1999 – 2...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a developing nation is facing a lot of problems one of which is the problem affecting ...Continue Reading »
9. PROBLEMS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE GENERATION” (A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Revenue is the pivot of any economy, it is given priorities in the national budgets preparation because it is on the reve...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION The world of study is full of discoveries and innovations. Through intensive question and enquires. ...Continue Reading »