Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Plant maintenance is the comprehensive management of machineries and fool in a factory. This could take the form of preventing of breakdown through extensive lubrication of machine, detection of fault carryout minor repairs and replacement of obsolete spare parts at interval to enhance efficient production and consequently enhance quality and productivity (Edward, 2007).
Maintenance of plant and equipment use in production lead to the production of high quality product, increase speed of production and enhance the overall plant performance. The maximum utilization of maintenance resources enhance cost reduction or controls a substantial part of the total operating budget in most plants as well as reduction in total labour cost through increase speed of production and efficiency. The impact of maintenance of plant cannot be overemphasized sequel to it importance in enhancing the quality of production.
In recent years, a firm has given more attention to the quality of the product or services they produce. The act of monitoring and improving the quality of product and services produce is commonly referred to as total quality management. Which gives emphasis on production efficiency the ability to produce products at a low cost? This will consequently give a firm competitive advantage.
It is against this that most firms embark on plant maintenance in order manufacture high quality product efficiently to reduce cost and make high sales.
However, most firms use the wrong technique of maintenance sequel to cost reduction but incur such cost when breakdown interacts with production leading great loss.
It is against this background that the researcher sees the subject matter, the impact of plant and equipment maintenance on quality production as an issue worthy of being investigated. Putting a searchlight on Nigeria breweries Kaduna plant.
1.2 Statement of the Problems
The inability of an organization to effectively maintain its plant and equipment result in poor product quality, reduction in production speed, or affect other factors that limit overall plant performance. This subsequently leads to production failure in the market and could lead the collapse of an organization. It is against this, that researcher sees the subject matter, the impact of plant and equipment on quality production as an empirical problem worthy of investigation. Hence the researcher intends to study plant and equipment maintenance and their impact on quality production in Nigeria breweries P.L.C with search light on Kaduna plant and in particular their maintenance Department.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The broad objective of the study is to examine the impact of maintenance of plant and equipment on quality production in Nigeria breweries Kaduna. The specific objective is to:
I. Examine how maintenance of plant and equipment affect standard of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
II. Find out how maintenance of plant and equipment affect efficiency and speed of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
III. Identify the effect of plant and equipment maintenance on quality production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
IV. Identify the problems militating against effective plant and equipment maintenance in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna.
V. Proper possible solutions to the identified problems.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This study will contribute to policy formulation as regard plant and equipment in organization. As such Nigeria Breweries Kaduna will find the result of the research useful especially as they utilize the finding to enhance the maintenance of their plant and equipment.
The study will also contribute to existing body of knowledge on the subject matter.
It is worthy to know that the research will be a good reference material to incoming students who may wish to use the research as reference material or a springboard for further research.
1.5 Research Questions
1. How does plant equipment maintenance affect the standard of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
2. How does plant and equipment maintenance affect efficiency and speed of production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
3. What is the effect of plant and equipment on quality production in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
4. What are the problems militating against plant and equipment maintenance in Nigeria Breweries Kaduna?
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study covers the empirical examination of the impact of maintenance on quality control to this end; empirical data will be collected from Nigeria breweries Kaduna. The study will equally cover an evaluation of how plant and equipment maintenance affect standard of production as well as well as its effect on efficiency and speed of production. The study equally identifies the problems militating against Nigeria breweries plc Kaduna. Data and information will be for a period of 5 years that is 2006-2010.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Plant: A factory where production process falls place (ponal, 2003).
Maintenance: The act of keeping plant machineries and equipment in good condition by checking or repairing it regularly (Paula, 2006).
Quality production: The degree to which production meet a require specification or standard (obodoeeh, 2006).
Quality control: This is a process determining whether the quality of a product or service meets the desire quality level (Lawal, 2003).
TQM: Acronym for total quality management (Eghe, 2006).
TPM: Acronym for total productive maintenance (okoh, 2003).
Productivity: The rate at which a firm produces good and the amount produced compare to how much time, labour and capital used in producing them (Donald, 2003).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY INTO EMPLOYEE RELATIONS PRACTICES AND IT IMPACT ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF SOUTH AKIM RURAL BANK- KORIDUA BRANCH)» ABSTRACT One of the most pressing issues facing most organizations today is the need to raise employee productivity. There is a widespread belief that...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria’s revenue profile comprises of oil and gas and non oil sectors. The oil and gas sector ...Continue Reading »
3. PROMOTION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OKEHI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT This study “Promotion of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the development of Okehi LGA, Kogi State was undertaken to find out the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Every business firm is involved in series of relationships. The consumer is at the end of this relationship chain....Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN RURAL AREAS USING ISOKO NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Nigeria rural areas consist of diversity of people with distinct cultures sustained by diverse ec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study aims at looking into entrepreneurship development as a tool for wealth creation, which will serve as a panacea to some social econo...Continue Reading »
7. ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY) ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Every organization is made up of human and physical resources. The resources are bought together in order to accomplish t...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on impact of personnel management on organizational performance. The total population for the study is 200 staff of first bank ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Environmentalism has fast emerged as a worldwide phenomenon, leading business firms to be part of the phenomenon by practicing green marketin...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACTS OF MANGO BUSINESS IN OFF-SEASON HOUSEHOLD INCOME OF FARMERS IN KAURA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE.» ABSTRACT The research work was on an investigation into the utilization and maintenance of building workshop and workshop facilities in technical coll...Continue Reading »