Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examines the association with commercializing enterprises in Nigeria. In addition, it seeks to investigate the reason for commercializing public enterprises in the country. Issue generated by commercialization and its impact on the Nigerian economy as a whole properly analyzed. The primary and secondary sources of data collection were used to gather facts relating to the study. Government has for a long time monitored the performance of these enterprises in terms of contribution to economic growth. In the course of this study, it has been discovered that most of those public enterprises if not all have constituted an unnecessary high burden on government resources. Commercialization therefore, is seen as a means of restructuring the economy. Finding also shows that, its implementation has positive impact or satisfactory. Finally, it is obvious here that commercialization will have a positive impact on the economy.
Right from the beginning the Nigerian administration registered it importance with an unprofitable government companies and left no one in doubt as to its plan to sell them off to the public if only to make them more efficient. Before the promulgation of Decree No. 25, 1988 Commercialization and Privatization programme, the Buhari’s administration (in 1984) and focused attention on the necessity of restructuring the Nigerian economy when it established a number of study groups to address various aspects of the Nigerian economy. The former Chief of General Staff Commodore Ebite Ukiwe, Ex-ray the magnitude of waste emanating from government parastatals and companies. According to him between 1979 to 1985, government suck about N23 billion those ventures, equity made of N11.4 billion while N10.4 billion was give as loans granted within the same period and as disappointing a paltry average of less than 10%.
The General Buhari called the attention of the leaders of industries and told them that the days of big government where over policy watchers were left in no doubt that the era of commercialization and privatization is down on the Nigerian economy.
This era would be characterized by way of partnership where the government are to provide the needed services and infrastructures, to keep the wheel of development moving. According to the arrangement of the decision to privatize and commercialize the government companies and fully exercise of the companies is therefore the logical climax of two years trend.
The companies under full commercialization will receive some subvention but will be expected to generate at least fifty percent of their financial needs for their operation.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
It is no doubtful whether commercialization will be the panacea. It is possible that Nigeria would be exchanging one evil with another. There is higher probability that commercialization may improve operational efficiency of the affected companies.
There is also doubt about government pursuit will swell either from the sales of equities from saving the money that would have still be invested in these ventures now being commercialized. More so, serious fear is that commercialization will further enlarge the gulf between the few rich politicians and the multitude of deprived people as only the rich minority can buy the shares that will be sold.
The various publications and writings on the impact of commercialization of public enterprises on the Nigerian economy have remained more of descriptive study. Much studies have not been carried out empirically to place the concept of commercialization in proper settings as far as the Nigerian economic welfare is concerned via the positive of public enterprises. Hence this study is geared towards the above facts.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study is the review of the existing literature on the topic: Impact of Commercialization on the Nigerian Public Enterprises”.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of this research is that, it gives us an insight on the importance of commercialization on the Nigeria public enterprises. It is very significant because it gives us the information on how commercialization contributes positively to the regulation and restructuring of NITEL Plc.
It also makes us know that commercialization will improve or develop the Nigeria economy. It help the management of NITEL to know that if fully commercialized, it strengthen the financial accounting control at the enterprises level.
It gives us the insight that commercialization affects the operational efficiency of the Nigeria public enterprises.
1.5 Scope and Limitations of the Study
This research work is simply on the impact of commercialization on the Nigerian economy. The research is mostly in NITEL plc. And therefore, the researcher tries his best to use his disposal to obtain a comprehensive and thorough data so as to enable him present a good work.
This work as organized in orderly manner and the researcher encountered into some problems which include finance, mobility, under-developed scientific facilities unequipped libraries, uncooperative attitude from respondents to research question etc.
1.6 Definition of Terms
i) Commercialization: This is the way by which some of the government parastatals and companies change some amount of money to cover expenses. Commercialization can be defined as the re-organization of enterprises wholly or partially owned by the government whereby such enterprises shall operate as profit making commercial ventures.
ii) Public Enterprises: According to Section 22 of the 1979 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is defined as a body set up by government to carryout, in the public interest, different kinds of operations or render various types of services.
iii) Impact: Though there is no direct definition, but according to learners English Dictionary, it is described as the impression effect consequences of something over the other.
iv) NITEL: It means Nigerian Telecommunications Limited. It is therefore an enterprise which renders communication services to the public. Two persons in different locations speak to each other with the aid of cable or wireless equipments through the services rendering by these enterprises.
v) Privatization: This is a process of transferring ownership and control of government-owned enterprise to privates. It may be full or partial.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES AND THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, LAGOS STATE)» ABSTRACT Maintaining good employee employer relationship is one criteria for an organization to succeed. If employees are not happy with management an...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is centered on the importance of stock control and management in business organization to enable the research obtain relevant ma...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The banking sector in Nigeria witnessed phenomenal growth following the 2004 consolidation that i...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF STOCK MANAGEMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC» ABSTRACT The research provides an assessment of the impact of stock management on the Performance of an organization. It analyses the nature of stock ...Continue Reading »
5. ENTERPRENEURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY BUSSINESS EDUCATION STUDENT FOR ESTABLISHING SMALL BUSINESS VENTURES IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The research provides a conceptual theoretical and analytical study on the entrepreneurial competencies required by business education studen...Continue Reading »
6. DETERMINANTS OF TAX COMPLIANCE: A CASE STUDY OF VAT FLAT RATE SCHEME TRADERS IN THE ACCRA METROPOLIS» Abstract Taxation is one of the important elements in managing national income, especially in developed countries and has played an important role in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The significance of Radio to human life cannot be overestimated. This is true because beyond the phys...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Insurance is form of risk management, which is usually purchased to get protection against any risk of potential loss. In...Continue Reading »
9. HOW RELEVANT IS COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT TO BUSINESS ORGANISATION USING YOUR ORGANISATION AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In every social formation or environment, man finds it necessary to bring themselves together in ...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF QUALITY CONTROL AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL IN PRODUCT STANDARDIZATION” (A CASE STUDY OF SEVEN-UP BOTTLING COMPANY LIMITED, KADUNA).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Product quality and price constitute vital factors that consumers consider in the choice of produ...Continue Reading »