Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examines the association with commercializing enterprises in Nigeria. In addition, it seeks to investigate the reason for commercializing public enterprises in the country. Issue generated by commercialization and its impact on the Nigerian economy as a whole properly analyzed. The primary and secondary sources of data collection were used to gather facts relating to the study. Government has for a long time monitored the performance of these enterprises in terms of contribution to economic growth. In the course of this study, it has been discovered that most of those public enterprises if not all have constituted an unnecessary high burden on government resources. Commercialization therefore, is seen as a means of restructuring the economy. Finding also shows that, its implementation has positive impact or satisfactory. Finally, it is obvious here that commercialization will have a positive impact on the economy.
Right from the beginning the Nigerian administration registered it importance with an unprofitable government companies and left no one in doubt as to its plan to sell them off to the public if only to make them more efficient. Before the promulgation of Decree No. 25, 1988 Commercialization and Privatization programme, the Buhari’s administration (in 1984) and focused attention on the necessity of restructuring the Nigerian economy when it established a number of study groups to address various aspects of the Nigerian economy. The former Chief of General Staff Commodore Ebite Ukiwe, Ex-ray the magnitude of waste emanating from government parastatals and companies. According to him between 1979 to 1985, government suck about N23 billion those ventures, equity made of N11.4 billion while N10.4 billion was give as loans granted within the same period and as disappointing a paltry average of less than 10%.
The General Buhari called the attention of the leaders of industries and told them that the days of big government where over policy watchers were left in no doubt that the era of commercialization and privatization is down on the Nigerian economy.
This era would be characterized by way of partnership where the government are to provide the needed services and infrastructures, to keep the wheel of development moving. According to the arrangement of the decision to privatize and commercialize the government companies and fully exercise of the companies is therefore the logical climax of two years trend.
The companies under full commercialization will receive some subvention but will be expected to generate at least fifty percent of their financial needs for their operation.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
It is no doubtful whether commercialization will be the panacea. It is possible that Nigeria would be exchanging one evil with another. There is higher probability that commercialization may improve operational efficiency of the affected companies.
There is also doubt about government pursuit will swell either from the sales of equities from saving the money that would have still be invested in these ventures now being commercialized. More so, serious fear is that commercialization will further enlarge the gulf between the few rich politicians and the multitude of deprived people as only the rich minority can buy the shares that will be sold.
The various publications and writings on the impact of commercialization of public enterprises on the Nigerian economy have remained more of descriptive study. Much studies have not been carried out empirically to place the concept of commercialization in proper settings as far as the Nigerian economic welfare is concerned via the positive of public enterprises. Hence this study is geared towards the above facts.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study is the review of the existing literature on the topic: Impact of Commercialization on the Nigerian Public Enterprises”.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of this research is that, it gives us an insight on the importance of commercialization on the Nigeria public enterprises. It is very significant because it gives us the information on how commercialization contributes positively to the regulation and restructuring of NITEL Plc.
It also makes us know that commercialization will improve or develop the Nigeria economy. It help the management of NITEL to know that if fully commercialized, it strengthen the financial accounting control at the enterprises level.
It gives us the insight that commercialization affects the operational efficiency of the Nigeria public enterprises.
1.5 Scope and Limitations of the Study
This research work is simply on the impact of commercialization on the Nigerian economy. The research is mostly in NITEL plc. And therefore, the researcher tries his best to use his disposal to obtain a comprehensive and thorough data so as to enable him present a good work.
This work as organized in orderly manner and the researcher encountered into some problems which include finance, mobility, under-developed scientific facilities unequipped libraries, uncooperative attitude from respondents to research question etc.
1.6 Definition of Terms
i) Commercialization: This is the way by which some of the government parastatals and companies change some amount of money to cover expenses. Commercialization can be defined as the re-organization of enterprises wholly or partially owned by the government whereby such enterprises shall operate as profit making commercial ventures.
ii) Public Enterprises: According to Section 22 of the 1979 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, it is defined as a body set up by government to carryout, in the public interest, different kinds of operations or render various types of services.
iii) Impact: Though there is no direct definition, but according to learners English Dictionary, it is described as the impression effect consequences of something over the other.
iv) NITEL: It means Nigerian Telecommunications Limited. It is therefore an enterprise which renders communication services to the public. Two persons in different locations speak to each other with the aid of cable or wireless equipments through the services rendering by these enterprises.
v) Privatization: This is a process of transferring ownership and control of government-owned enterprise to privates. It may be full or partial.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENUESHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF JULI SUPERMARKET LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The study proffers an appraisal of success criteria for entrepreneurship business in Nigeria.Entrepreneurship is The capacity and willingness...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Promotion as we all know is an integral part of the entire marketing mix variable and concepts. P...Continue Reading »
3. AN ASSESSMET ON THE IMPACT OF QUALITY SERVICE ON CONSUMER (A CASE STUDY OF ARIK AIR LIMITED, ENUGU).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Global competition on today’s business, coupled with the rapid development in technology, e...Continue Reading »
4. FAILURE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS IN ENUGU STATE).» ABSTRACT This study is set to investigate the causes of failure in small scale enterprises in Nigeria, with a view to proffer solutions. In every e...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTIVE MATERIAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL TOWARD ORGANIZATIONAL PROFITABILITY IN MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT Material management is a strategy for achieving organizational productivity. The researcher started this research work by introducing the sub...Continue Reading »
6. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The pursuit of an objective and the accomplishment is the characterizes and every organization an...Continue Reading »
8. MATERIALS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A STUDY OF SELECTED TELECOMMUNICATION FIRMS IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT A.J Ayer a logical positivist and indeed at all his fellow logical positivists were moved by the achievements and clarities in science and as...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF MAINSTREET BANK LIMITED ANKPA BRANCH).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is obvious that, organizations cannot achieve its objectives despite great improvement in auto...Continue Reading »
10. WORK STRESS, JOB SATISFACTION AND TEACHERS’ TURNOVER INTENTION IN ZARIA METROPOLIS: THE MODERATING ROLE OF SELF EFFICACY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Teachers play a vital role in the society. Their impact are felt by the lives of all children fro...Continue Reading »