Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 33 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Motivation is a crucial aspect which leads to a reward and a value that is attached to a specific reward. Motivation is basically depends on the needs, such as physiological needs which is food, shelter water and sex.
Moreover, for a worker to work efficiently in an industry, the workers environment must be too conducive to him. The workers should be satisfied with both their working condition and environment for them to put it in their best into the work. Lastly, the founding in this work is making emphasis to evaluate motivating and industry harmony to First Bank Nigeria Plc., Afikpo branch as a case study.
The Central Bank of Nigeria was established in the year 1959 and was given power to promote and also integrate the Nigerian financial system. The work is to ensure encouragement of development of money and also capital markets. It is also encourage human resources development (HRD) in banking industry.
During may 1984, t he late Cyinger Eke, the assistant General Manager, eastern Banking unit of First Bank of Nigeria with the administrative powers conferred to him by the Directors initiated the opening of Afikpo which was approved. Later the branch was looking of with a total of nine members of staff drawn from other branches of First Bank.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Each large organization and someone’s endeavors to motivate its employees. Managers have to find the need of motivation in workers performance.
Secondly, workers have to put effort to ensure high productivity.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The specific objective of the study is as follows:
1. To determine if there is any relationship between motivation and employee performance.
2. To determine if there is any relationship between motivation and industrial harmony.
3. To determine, make recommendation and suggest on how workers can be motivated in an organization.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. Will employee’s attitude change if the level of motivation improves?
ii. Do you think the entire employees in organization are adequately motivated?
iii. Are satisfied with the nature of your work?
iv. Does your retirement benefit motivate you to work hard?
v. What type relationship do you have with your fellow employees?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study was organized to serve as a source of information to
Future purpose and also to help managers to improve on their motivational techniques. Secondly, it will help management students to know people can be made to Improve on their work in an organization and also help researcher to know the best techniques to use in motivating workers.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study was limited to First Bank of Nigeria Plc., Afikpo Branch. There are
a lot of problem of finance, poor response of staff to questions that try to hinder the successful completion of the project.
Secondly, it also is a problem of inoperative attitude because most of the People who were orally interviewed were not willing to give information needed. This leads the questionnaire not returned in time and some were even returned at all.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This project is subjected to some limitations which make it not to be exhaustive. Such limitations include:
1. Lack of Planning
2. Limitation of time frame
3. Information Technology in project Management experience
4. Lack of complication or malfunctioning hardware’s. Etc.
1.8 PROFILE OF THE ORGANISATION
First Bank Plc, Afikpo branch formally began operations in the year (1984). The late ginger Eke, the then assistant general manager, eastern regional banking unit of first bank of Nigeria plc with the administrative power conferred on him by the board of directors actually initiated the opening of Afikpo branch in line with the rural banking programme that was approved. The brand took of with a total of nine (9) members of staff drawn from the other branches of first bank of Nigeria plc and from then it started expanding.
1.9 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Motivation: Is the driving force by which human achieve their goals.
2. Impact: The Influence or strong effect that benefits has no duties and business administration.
3. Harmony: The quality or state of having a pleasant agreement.
4. Worker’s Moral: This is amount of confident and enthusiasm that a worker or group of workers has at a particular time.
5. Compensation: - This is the act of giving towards workers performance in an organization.
6. Workers Performance: They are or process of carrying out duties by business administration.
7. Paternalism: This is a system in which an employer protects the people who are employed by providing them with what they need, but no freedom of choice is being given in an organization.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Strategic planning is one of the most important and vital stage in strategy. Strategic planning is important in achievement of organizational...Continue Reading »
» Chapter one Introduction The internet has already evolved from being a mere go to place for information, to a place where people buy and sell. Selling...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work is a study of organizational communication and job satisfaction in Akwa Ibom Newspaper Corporation (AKNC), Uyo. The work sets out t...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES AND THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, LAGOS STATE)» ABSTRACT Maintaining good employee employer relationship is one criteria for an organization to succeed. If employees are not happy with management an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Essay This essay is aimed at establishing the importance of production planning and inventory control i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The last two decades have witnessed an enormous and explosive growth in the use of internet techn...Continue Reading »
7. EMPLOYEES TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AS A VERITABLE TOOL FOR ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF DELTA STATE POLYTECHNIC OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Most organization today has been trying hard to protect their reputation both within and outside ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction The modern world is information oriented, thus management becomes more concerned about communication with employees. Henc...Continue Reading »
9. EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP AND JOB SATISFACTION IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS IN OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study At the beginning of any established business contract is the employment relationship which connec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Recent reforms in the banking sector in many economies of the world particularly in the area of risk management practices have generated publ...Continue Reading »