Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Small medium enterprises (SMEs) are considered the backbone of economic growth in all countries. They play an important role in Nigerians economic growth, as they constitute 97.2% of the companies in Nigeria .They also contribute to national development by positively influencing the distribution of income in both functional and nominal terms. In emphasizing the importance of SMEs ,Rogers,2014, stated;they enhance capacity building as they serve as entrepreneurial training avenues ; they create more employment opportunities; per unit of investment because of their labour intensive operations; they achieve a much more relative high value added operations because they are propelled by basic economic activities that depend mostly on locally sourced raw materials; they provide feeder industry services as they serve as major suppliers of intermediate goods and components to large-scale industries as well as major agents for the distribution of final products of such industries; they provide opportunities for the development local skill and technology acquisition through adaptation. Despite the catalytic role of SMEs in the economic emancipation of countries, some of their major operational challenges in Nigeria include financial problems. About 80% of small and medium enterprises are stifled because of poor financing.
The research intends to appraise the impact of commercial banks in the financing of SMEs in Nigeria, with a case study of first bank plc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Despite the significant role of SMES,they are largely affected by lack and insufficiency of funds to operate and expand their businesses. In view of this commercial banks in Nigeria play financial roles towardsmeeting the capital and operational funds required by SMES
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the nature and roles of SMEs?
2. What is the nature of the financing problem of SMEs?
3. What is the role of commercial banks in financing SMEs in Nigeria?
4. What constitute the financing options of first bank to SMEs in Nigeria?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1 To appraise the nature and roles of SMEs in Nigeria
2 To determine the role of commercial banks in financing SMEs in Nigeria
3 To appraise the role of first bank in financing SMEs in Nigeria
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE study
The study shall highlight the significance of SMEs to the economy
The study shall analyze the roles of commercial banks in financing SMEs in Nigeria
The study shall provide financing options offered by first bank plc to SMEs in Nigeria.
The study shall serve as a veritable source of information to managers and consultants
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1 H0 SMEs is not significant to the economy
H1 SMEs is significant to the economy
2 H0 The financial challenge in SMEs is high
H1 The financial challenge in SMEs is low
3 H0 The impact of first bank in financing SMEs is low
H1 The impact of first bank in financing SMEs is high
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The research shall appraise the role of commercial banks in financing SMEs in Nigeria.
It shall elucidate the nature and significance of SMEs as well as analyze the financing challenges of SMEs in Nigeria.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
In Nigeria, the small and medium industries Enterprises investment scheme (SMIEIS) defines SMEs as any enterprise with a maximum asset base of N200 million excluding land and working capital and with a number of staff employed not less than 10 or more than 300.The federal ministry of commerce defines SMEs as firms with a total investment (excluding cost of land but including capital) of up to N750,000, and paid employment of up to fifty person, employeerelationship,labour intensive operation, simple technology,fusion of ownership and management and limited access to capital.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Motivation is concerned with why people do what they do. It answers such questions as why do mana...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF STOCK MANAGEMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC» ABSTRACT The research provides an assessment of the impact of stock management on the Performance of an organization. It analyses the nature of stock ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the last decade the world has become more digitalized and mobile. This digitalization brough...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A Study of Cadbury Nigeria Plc)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the last decade, our world has changed dramatically due to the growing phenomenon of globali...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Company Values: An Evaluative Case Study on the Existence of Value Ambassadors in a Semi – State Organisation. The purpose of this stud...Continue Reading »
6. LEADERSHIP AND MOTIVATION AS ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR ORGANISATIONAL GROWTH AND EXPANSION ( A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The most important human activity is leadership questions and motivation, ever since people began...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS’ CREDIT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract Banks are the most important example of a class of institutions called financial intermediaries, firms that extend credit to borrowers using ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Essay This essay is aimed at establishing the importance of production planning and inventory control i...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSOCIATION OF BRAND EQUITY AND CORPORATE PERFROMMANCE OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS, IN NIGERIA» SECTION ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Globally, brand equity and corporate performance have in recent years become popular topical issue in both dev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditional budgeting has been criticized for a long time now for its inadequacy as a means of ma...Continue Reading »