Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study uses the framework of the agency theory to systematically investigate the relationship between corporate governance mechanisms; board of directors’ characteristics (board size, board independence, duality, board meetings, and director’s ownership) and audit committee size with the level of information asymmetry in UAE. The multiple regression analysis provides evidence that board size is significantly positive related to information asymmetry. While board independence, board meetings, directors’ ownership and audit committee size have a significantly negative association related to information asymmetry. The findings show that the information asymmetry among the United Arab Emirates (UAE) companies is high and the implementation of the Code of Corporate Governance more likely to be underdevelopment.
Keywords: corporate governance, information asymmetry, shareholders, United Arab
1.1 Background of the Study
The asymmetry lies in the difference between what the most informed stakeholders know but the uninformed stakeholders are not informed about certain information. This link impacts growth options, risk, managerial incentives and other factors which mean that the relation does not stem out from an intrinsic doubt regarding the firm performance (Hilary, 2006). Information asymmetry also means when one or more investors are privy to the firm’s value while the rest can only access public information (Brown & Hillegeist, 2007). Relationships between companies and upstream suppliers have always been characterized by information asymmetries in a way that one member of the party to the transaction has more information compared to the other (Martin & Johnson, 2010). For instance, information asymmetries stem from hidden actions, meaning to say that the firm has no idea how the upstream supplier will react when he is acting in an unethical way.
The actual elimination of information asymmetry’s negative impact can be carried out through maximizing the access to information regarding the company that is nonstandard and through the increase of the information visibility of what the company offers the stakeholders. The risk lies in the varying interpretation of the information that the company provides which may lead to different stakeholder behavior (Jasso, 2009). According to Mercer (2004), information precision is an attribute of information that underlies disclosure credibility. It is evident that asymmetric information is related with information disclosure. In other words, the less the information is transparent, the lower the information disclosure will be (Kong, Xiao & 2 Liu 2011).
Corporate governance is a set of tools or procedures that monitors and controls the organization in its quest to achieve goals and maximize long-term shareholders’ benefits. Therefore, effective corporate governance is importance to protect the interests of shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and government by guaranteeing that firms are made accountable for their actions (Vinten, 1998). In 2004, the OECD underlines that corporations need to be run, primordial, in the interest of shareholders (OECD 2004). But in corporate governance systems, the company is viewed by the stakeholder as a set of expectations akin to a polycentric vision of the corporate governance systems which has the company in its center with the stakeholders attempting to govern surrounding it (Marcel, Or
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Enudu (1999), the business environment is characterized by a lot of uncertainties ra...Continue Reading »
2. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH-CURRICULUM ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The deplorable state of public schools in Nigeria has given rise to the preference for private ed...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF THE ROLE OF PACKAGING AS A PROMOTIONAL TOOL IN THE MARKETING OF DIFFERENT BRANDS OF WEAVONS (A STUDY OF AYMAN ENTERPRISES LIMITED AND LIND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Christian evangelization has spread through the face of the earth. This is made possible by the aid o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Business is absolutely a complex activity. This is because it involves a lot of technicalities ra...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. (A CASE STUDY OF AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page…………………………..………………………………….ii Certification……………………………....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria as a country fully endowed with human and material resources have the right playing groun...Continue Reading »
7. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS AND IT EFFECTS ON EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, OWERRI BRANCH)» CHAPTER 1 1.1. INTRODUCTION Maintaining healthy employee relations in an organization is a pre requisite for organizational success. One way of mainta...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study This study intends to shed more light on the impact of public procurement act on the accountabilit...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF MERGER AND ACQUISITION ON ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OANDO NIG. PLC AND AGIP NIG. PLC, KADUNA ZONAL OFFICES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The increase in oil boom in the 70’s was an era of huge and expensive prospect of doubtful ...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF INCENTIVE AND FRINGE BENEFIT ON EMPLOYEES JOB PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF SPECOMILL TEXTILES LIMITED IKEJA LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Specomill Textile Limited, a manufacturer of Textile Material was established by some of the Indonesian expatr...Continue Reading »