Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study uses the framework of the agency theory to systematically investigate the relationship between corporate governance mechanisms; board of directors’ characteristics (board size, board independence, duality, board meetings, and director’s ownership) and audit committee size with the level of information asymmetry in UAE. The multiple regression analysis provides evidence that board size is significantly positive related to information asymmetry. While board independence, board meetings, directors’ ownership and audit committee size have a significantly negative association related to information asymmetry. The findings show that the information asymmetry among the United Arab Emirates (UAE) companies is high and the implementation of the Code of Corporate Governance more likely to be underdevelopment.
Keywords: corporate governance, information asymmetry, shareholders, United Arab
1.1 Background of the Study
The asymmetry lies in the difference between what the most informed stakeholders know but the uninformed stakeholders are not informed about certain information. This link impacts growth options, risk, managerial incentives and other factors which mean that the relation does not stem out from an intrinsic doubt regarding the firm performance (Hilary, 2006). Information asymmetry also means when one or more investors are privy to the firm’s value while the rest can only access public information (Brown & Hillegeist, 2007). Relationships between companies and upstream suppliers have always been characterized by information asymmetries in a way that one member of the party to the transaction has more information compared to the other (Martin & Johnson, 2010). For instance, information asymmetries stem from hidden actions, meaning to say that the firm has no idea how the upstream supplier will react when he is acting in an unethical way.
The actual elimination of information asymmetry’s negative impact can be carried out through maximizing the access to information regarding the company that is nonstandard and through the increase of the information visibility of what the company offers the stakeholders. The risk lies in the varying interpretation of the information that the company provides which may lead to different stakeholder behavior (Jasso, 2009). According to Mercer (2004), information precision is an attribute of information that underlies disclosure credibility. It is evident that asymmetric information is related with information disclosure. In other words, the less the information is transparent, the lower the information disclosure will be (Kong, Xiao & 2 Liu 2011).
Corporate governance is a set of tools or procedures that monitors and controls the organization in its quest to achieve goals and maximize long-term shareholders’ benefits. Therefore, effective corporate governance is importance to protect the interests of shareholders, customers, suppliers, employees and government by guaranteeing that firms are made accountable for their actions (Vinten, 1998). In 2004, the OECD underlines that corporations need to be run, primordial, in the interest of shareholders (OECD 2004). But in corporate governance systems, the company is viewed by the stakeholder as a set of expectations akin to a polycentric vision of the corporate governance systems which has the company in its center with the stakeholders attempting to govern surrounding it (Marcel, Or
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditional budgeting has been criticized for a long time now for its inadequacy as a means of ma...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF CABOTAGE ACT ON LOCAL CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT: A STUDY OF SELECTED INDIGENOUS SHIPPING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The term “cabotage” is a Spanish word which refers to the maritime trade along countr...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF PRICING POLICY ON SALES IN THE BEVERAGE INDUSTRY A case study of the Coca cola Bottling Company» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The subject under study is the effect of pricing policy on sales in beverage industry, the principle, of prici...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The banking sector of any economy is one of the most important sectors. The sector represents the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The introduction of universal banking law has brought changes over the years, with it stiff competition in the banking industry. Commercial b...Continue Reading »
6. THE PROBLEM MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGBO-EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ...» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The term science has to do with nature; it is derived from the latin word scientia which means knowledge. It is a ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF ADVERTISING ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Advertiser’s primary mission is to reach prospective customers and influence their awareness, attit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the last decade the world has become more digitalized and mobile. This digitalization brough...Continue Reading »
9. MICROFINANCE AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN A CASE OF OPPORTUNITY INTERNATIONAL SAVINGS AND LOANS CLIENTS» INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the study Microfinance is the provision of a broad range of financial services to poor low income households and micro ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe growing need to maintain a competitive edge and customer loyalty in the industry segment predetermine the si...Continue Reading »