Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Organisations uses performance appraisal their strength and weaknesses and to improve in their operations.
Performance appraisal is defined as the formal assessment and rating of individual workers by the supervisors and the manager.
In any organisation, manpower remains the most prominent and the most valuable assets among other factors of production. It is this reason performance appraisal is given recognition as a tool to improve organisational activities.
Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) is a Greek-Own company with branches in more then 180 countries all over the world including Nigeria.
Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) which is part of coca-cola was incorporated in Nigeria in November, 1951 to bottle and sell carbonated non alcoholic beverages. The company has the sole franchise to bottle coca-cola products in Nigeria.
Production of coca-cola began in 1853 at a bottling facility Lagos and new plants at Kano, Port-Harcourt and Ibadan were opened.
The Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) became a public company in 1972 with its shares listed on the Nigerian stock exchange.
Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) generate it own power and is self sufficient and it also have its own carbondioxied and water production. It has it bottling facilities around the country and it uses 82 distributions outlets with the Head quarter at Ebute-metta, Lagos state.
In Nigeria today, coca-cola is number one bottler of soft drinks, selling more than 20 million bottles per-day this is a figure which is still growing with the continuing expansion of the existing 18 plants in various parts of the country. Coca-cola is bottled in Lagos, Ibadan, Part-Harcourt, Anambra, Plateau and Kware state. Others includes Kaduna, kano and maiduguri state.
Fanta is by far orange segment and Sprite is the most widely sold lemon drink in Nigeria . coca-cola, Fanta and sprite are the more products of the company
Achievement of coca-cola has brought the development of numbers of sisters industries and there are all contributing to the growth of the Nigerian economy.
Nigeria Bottling Company plc obtains its bottles from the Delta Glass company in Ugelli.
The Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) is a subsidiary company of leventis group which serves as the parent company. It is established in 1977 as one grown line plant with 50 staff but it has grown to the line plant with 240 workforce.
The corporate objectives of Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) includes the followings:
i. Product such as coca-cola, start up to a certain capacity as allocated to each of the beverage.
ii. Transfer of technology in beverage production to Nigeria. Creation of employment opportunities to Nigerian.
iii. Generation of considerable internal revenue for government through the payment of exercise duties, import duties and company taxation.
iv. Provision of varied social responsibilities
v. Presentation of good public image both in Nigeria and overseas
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Performance appraisal which is one of the tool used by Nigeria Bottling Company Plc (NBC) have some draw back which if not properly handled could destroy an organisation
i. Worker who are not rewarded by the management tends to
team up which can lead to unionism
ii. Rater biases: Some employee are appraised based on sentiment, cultural differences, sex etc
iii. Insufficient knowledge of the appraise: superior are required to conduct the appraisal because of their hierarchical position.
iv. Error of central tendency: This is talking about placing every employee on average performance rather than appraising them on their contribution or performances.
v. Error of personal prejudice: This is talking about appraising employee using the past problem the worker might have with he supervisor to judge the present performance of the person (Grudge).
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
From the fore-going, it is clear that employee performance can be said to be control (Larry) of performance appraisal techniques.
On the basis of the following hypothesis have been advanced to address the issues raised in the statement of the problem in order to verify the objectives of the study
Below are the hypothesis:
Ho: Performance appraisal techniques do not provide formal management procedure used in the evaluation of work performance in the organisation.
Hi: Performance appraisal techniques provide formal management procedure used in the evaluation of work performance in the organisation.
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study include:
i. To examined the impact of performance appraisal in the life of employee.
ii. To identify employee strength and weaknesses
iii. To identify training and developmental needs.
iv. To provide viable information for succession planning.
v. To provide a bases for rewarding employee in relations to their contribution to the organisation.
vi. To use as an impetus for the employee input
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is concerned about assessing performance appraisal techniques in Nigeria Bottling Company Plc in Kaduna state.
The researcher has related the study only to the areas that are related to the topic such areas are: performance appraisal, Techniques for performance appraisal etc.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE RESEARCH
The short comings of questionnaire are as follows:
Attitude of the respondents; the inapproachable attitude of some senior employees of the organisation to the researcher may be a problem to the toughness of the research.
Limited finance has also contributed the researchers’ inability to purchase most of the materials needed for the project
Time: Due the time constraints, this study is based on company which was not a true representation of the whole organisations.
The study is also limited to the assessment of performance appraisal techniques in organisation.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
i. Appraisal: To make a judgment of the value, performance or nature of something
ii. Techniques: This is the particular way of doing something
iii. Organisation: An enterprises established by a person or group of individuals, government in order to provide goods and services for the satisfaction of human needs
iv. Performance Appraisal techniques: It is the way or particular way that organisation used in appraising their workers inform of saying thank you.
v. Management: A systematic process of planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling of others to achieve organisational goal and objectives.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND It is clear that motivation is one of the factors which urges workers to work efficiently and effectivel...Continue Reading »
2. FINANCIAL INFORMATION AS A TOOL FOR MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING (A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study One of important assumptions in decision making process and improvement economy is existence of q...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Productivity is defined as the relative efficiency of economic activity—that is, the amount of products ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There are evidence to suggest that in many countries there has been an increase in the rise of na...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF STRATEGIC PLANNING ON ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT. A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC, OZORO, DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY over the years, organization have witnessed a lot of turbulence due to the lack of a properly designed star th...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF THE ROLE OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE IN PROMOTING BUSINESS ACITIVITIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The focus on economic development has shifted in recent years from public sector led economic dev...Continue Reading »
7. AN EXAMINATION OF THE CAUSES OF PROJECT DELAY AND ABANDONMENT IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE, A CASE STUDY OF ABUJA» Abstract This research work focused on the tangible dimension of public service projects that resulted in the execution of physical projects which bri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the effect of collateral on access to finance of small and medium enterprises in Kogi State with a parti...Continue Reading »
9. ROLES OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UNOIN BANK IDAH OF NIGERIA PLC, IDAH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The successive development plans of Nigeria have laid emphasis on the attainment of self reliance...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT ON YOUTH EMPOWERMENT IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It is a matter of fact that there are a lot of things in which large companies are experts while ...Continue Reading »