Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. Background of the study
Shoprite holdings are the fastest growing consumer goods (FCMG) retail platform operation on the African continent (especially in the southern African region) with operations in 15 countries (Adams 2007:34). Shoprite has a very simple philosophy: Provide all communities in Africa with food and household items in a first-world shopping environment, at the Group’s lowest possible prices.At Shoprite, their mission statement which entails bringing to their teeming customer base low prices on the best product. Since opening their first store in Lagos in December 2005, they have since then launched an additional twelve stores across eight states in the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, employing 1860 people, of which 99.5% are Nigerian citizens. Shoprite has built relationship with over 250 leading Nigerian suppliers, small businesses and farmers, securing a wide assortment of local brands( Hazel 2013: 45).
Shoprite is the leading retailer store across Africa and it is one of the famous brand name choices for many product consumers across Nigeria as well as African continent store in Polo Park Amusement Centre, Enugu North, Enugu, Nigeria. They offer the huge range of products with quality and standards of freshness as well as maintaining the lowest prices.
Community upliftmentis of utmost importance to Shoprite and through their “Shoprite Community Network” campaigns; they have been able to enrich the lives of many less privileged children and youths within and outside Nigeria. Since its inception, Shoprite has been able to assist various orphanages and foundations across Nigeria.
1.2. Statement of the general problem
Though ShopRite holdings being noted for its steady rise in the retail sector in Africa, the need for adequate planning and more profitability has necessitated this study. Firms generally in Nigeria pay less attention on the frequency of customer attendance and this has inhibited their growth due to inadequate planning and strategizing.
1.3. Objectives of the study
The following are the aims and objectives of the study
Ø To know if customer attendance influences profitability.
Ø To help enhance adequate planning through customer attendance analysis.
Ø To know if there is a relationship between customer attendance and prices of commodities
Ø To educate the general public on the importance of customer attendance analysis.
Ø To predict future customer attendance from past attendance records.
1.4. Significance of the study
The cardinal significance of this study is to educate firms and companies on the need to take adequate customer attendance and its importance in improving profitability and also to enhanceadequate market research and planning. Another importance of this study is to predict future customer attendance from past customer attendance records.
1.5. Research Questions
1. Is there a relationship between customer attendance and profitability of a company?
2. Do adequate customer attendance records enhance adequate market research and planning?
3. Can future customer attendance be predicted from past and present records of customer attendance?
1.6. Research hypothesis
H0: there is no relationship between customer attendance and adequate market planning.
H1: there is a relationship between customer attendance and adequate market planning
1.7. Scope of the study
The scope of this study on the statistical analysis of customer attendance using the ShopRite malls Enugu as a case study.
1.8. Definition of terms
Ø Customer:a person or an organization that buys something from a shop/store or business.
Ø Attendance: the act of being present at a place.
Ø Market research: the action or activity of gathering information about consumers' needs and preferences.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project focuses on exploring the Total Quality Human Resource Management practices at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital Limited In ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study Cooperatives are classified as one of the business organizations but operate in a special way dif...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The exponents of scientific management Taylor (1911), and his followers – maintained that t...Continue Reading »
4. PERCEIVEDRELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EMPLOYEE SATISFACTION, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND BANK PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED MONEY DEPOSIT BANK’SIN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Employee satisfaction has been positively correlated to service quality, which was then linked to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The concept of packaging describes the overall presentation of a product or services to the consumers and the manufacture...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED COMPANIES IN U...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good o...Continue Reading »
7. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTS OF SALARY INCREMENT ON EMPLOYEES MOTIVATION AND TURNOVER (A CASE STUDY OF GOMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT) ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In every organization, large or small, private or public enterprises, human resources are always ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Compensation is the reward workers receive for their service or contribution to the organisation. A literature reviewed showed that compensat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Essay This essay is aimed at establishing the importance of production planning and inventory control i...Continue Reading »
10. EMPLOYER-EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP AND JOB SATISFACTION IN SELECTED PUBLIC SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS IN OYO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study At the beginning of any established business contract is the employment relationship which connec...Continue Reading »