Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Calcium is the most important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium for normal functioning of nerves and muscles including the most important muscles of all which is the heart. Calcium is also important for healthy bones and teeth. The amount of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled by the body’s hormonal systems. The body gets calcium from diary products, some vegetables (such as broccoli), and some fortified foods. Calcium can also be obtained from taken pills containing calcium. Most of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and only small amount is found in the blood (serum). Calcium is maintained within a fairly narrow range from 8.5 to 10.5mg/dl (4.3 to 5.3meq/l or 2.2 to 2.7mmol/l). The estimation of serum calcium level is fraught with possible errors. Several means of contamination might lead to false elevations of serum calcium concentration. Before the test is carried out, one does not need to fast or limit ones activity before the test. Rather certain medicine/drugs needed to be avoided before the test, because they might affect the test result. The result of the experiment can be calculated, since the differences in serum calcium is significance with the age differences. Those with the age bracket (50 years & above) have lesser serum calcium level than those in the range of 20 to 30 years.
Serum Calcium level in Geriatric men
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most
important elements. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth,
help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and
help the heartto work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored
in the bone.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOCHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Obesity is a condition of increased adipose tissue mass as a result of excessive accumulation of fat. This increase in body fat increases the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Diabetes mellitus is a syndrome of impaired carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism caused by either lack of insulin secreti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The etiology of complex chronic diseases involves both environmental and genetic factors, with environmental influences such ...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTS OF ETHANOL ROOTS EXTRACT OF UGU OYIBO (Jatropha tanjorensis) ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF FEMALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT Jatropha tanjorensis is a natural medicinal herb which has been used over the years in the treatment of many health disorders. This study was...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF ETHANOLIC ROOT EXTRACT OF UGU OYIBO (Jatropha tanjorensis) ON HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF FEMALE ALBINO WISTAR RAT» ABSTRACT Jatropha tanjorensis is a natural medicinal herb which has been used over the years in the treatment of many health disorders. This study was...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Energy is a fundamental pillar of modern society as well as being an essential building block for socio economic...Continue Reading »
7. MODULATORY EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC LEAF EXTRACT OF SPHENOCENTRUM JOLLYANUM PIERRE (SPJ) ON LIVER FUNCTION AND HAEMATOLOGICAL INDICES OF CADMIUM CHLORIDE-I...» ABSTRACT The effect of ethanolic leaf extract of Sphenocentrum jollyanum pierre (SPJ) on liver function and hematological indices of cadmium chloride ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Seed and coat of Mucuna pruriens, known as velvet beans or cowitch has scientific classification as shown below; Kingdom ...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE EFFECTS OF ETHANOL LEAVES AND STEM EXTRACTS OF Jatropha tanjorensis (Hospital Too Far) ON SOME LIVER FUNCTIONS OF MALE ALBINO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Jatropha tanjorensis, commonly referred to as “hospital too far” or Ugu Oyibo in Igbo language be...Continue Reading »
10. INVESTIGATION OF THE PANCREATIC EFFECT OF BUCCHOLZIA CORICACEA FORMULATED DIET IN SUCROSE FED PREGNANT RATS AND THEIR OFFSPRING» ABSTRACT Several plants have been used in the treatment of various disorders without scientific basis. The present study examine the pancreatic effect...Continue Reading »