Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Calcium is the most important mineral in the body. The body needs calcium for normal functioning of nerves and muscles including the most important muscles of all which is the heart. Calcium is also important for healthy bones and teeth. The amount of calcium in the blood is carefully controlled by the body’s hormonal systems. The body gets calcium from diary products, some vegetables (such as broccoli), and some fortified foods. Calcium can also be obtained from taken pills containing calcium. Most of the body’s calcium is stored in the bones and only small amount is found in the blood (serum). Calcium is maintained within a fairly narrow range from 8.5 to 10.5mg/dl (4.3 to 5.3meq/l or 2.2 to 2.7mmol/l). The estimation of serum calcium level is fraught with possible errors. Several means of contamination might lead to false elevations of serum calcium concentration. Before the test is carried out, one does not need to fast or limit ones activity before the test. Rather certain medicine/drugs needed to be avoided before the test, because they might affect the test result. The result of the experiment can be calculated, since the differences in serum calcium is significance with the age differences. Those with the age bracket (50 years & above) have lesser serum calcium level than those in the range of 20 to 30 years.
Serum Calcium level in Geriatric men
Calcium is the most common mineral in the body and one of the most
important elements. The body needs it to build and fix bones and teeth,
help nerves work, make muscles squeeze together, help blood clot, and
help the heartto work. Almost all of the calcium in the body is stored
in the bone.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOCHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE QUANTITATIVE PHYTOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF ETHANOL EXTRACT OF Gongronema latifolium AND Allium sativum» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page Title page Certification i Dedication ii Acknowledgement iii Abstract iv Table of content V List of tables vi CHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The antiviral activities of plant leaves extract of four species, were investigated. The extract were tested for antiviral activities on the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The etiology of complex chronic diseases involves both environmental and genetic factors, with environmental influences such ...Continue Reading »
4. AMELIORATING ROLE OF N.P.K. FERTILIZER ON THE TOXIC EFFECTS OF Ni ON (SORGHUM) ROOT ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMES» ABSTRACT This study investigated the activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), glutothione peroxidase (GP) and the level of malondiald...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEENAGE AWARENESS ON DIABETES MELLITUS FOR BEHAVIOUR CHANGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SABON GARI LGA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, little attention has been paid to communicate and create awareness to teenagers about diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a n...Continue Reading »
6. ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYME INHIBITORY ACTIVITY AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITIES OF AQUEOUS EXTRACT OF COMBRETUM MICRANTHUM LEAVES» ABSTRACT Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme (ACE) is a glycoprotein with peptidyl dipeptide hydrolase activity which cleaves Angiotensin I to produce Ang...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF PROCESSING (TOASTING AND FERMENTATION) ON THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF SICKLE POD (Senna obtusifolia) SEEDS» ABSTRACT The effects of fermentation and toasting on the nutrients and antinutrients composition of Senna obtusifoliai seeds were investigated. Senna ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Diabetes Mellitus (DM) and Thyroid Dysfunction (TD) are the two most common endocrinopathies seen in general population.Type 2 diabetes melli...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF INHIBITORY EFFECTS OF KHAYA SENEGALENSIS AND VERNONIA AMYGDALINA EXTRACTS AGAINST SOME BACTERIA ISOLATED FROM POULTRY DROPPINGS» ABSTRACT Recent studies have incriminated the use of antibiotics in poultry feeds to be associated with emergence of resistance among bacteria. The us...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Work on production proximate and physicochemical analyses of fish flour produced from Tilapia, cat and stock fishes was investigated. The fis...Continue Reading »