Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The study is an empirical analysis of the impact of regulation and supervision on the activities of Nigerian banks with emphasis on the role of the Central Bank of Nigeria and The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation. It evaluates the roles and contributions of CBN and NDIC to the Nigerian banking sector. Extensive field survey and library research was carried out and data collected were subjected to thorough analysis.
The analysis shows that the supervisory and regulatory framework of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation are not sufficient to guarantee effective banking practices in Nigeria.
Other findings from the study include the need to increase the maximum insurance coverage due to the effect of inflation and the persistent fall in the value of the Naira, the need to disclose transactions continuously to ensure financial prudence through regular supervision and monitoring of the financial health of local banks with the aid of the â€˜CAMELâ€™ ratings and other supervisory framework.
There is need to also increase the awareness of banking activities within the general populace through a deliberate integration process aimed at demystifying certain inherent perceptions of the public with respect to distress and the role of the Nigerian deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). Moreover, the public, investors and depositors were not fully aware of the activities of NDIC and CBN in liquidating and revocation of banksâ€™ licenses due to the ineffectiveness of the enlightenment programmes used in carrying out the awareness.
The study focuses also on the consolidation agenda of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the processes, prospect and the challenges of consolidation. A questionnaire and telephone based research was adopted for the study and the data collated was tested using the chi-square analysis and supported by fundamental evidence from the database of the regulatory authorities.
Finally, the study offered suggestions as to how the problems so identified could be ameliorated.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1.0Background of the Study
1.2.0Aims and Objectives of the Study
1.3.0Scope and Limitations
1.4.0Significance of the Study
1.5.0Statement of Research Problems
1.6.0Statement of Research Questions
1.8.0Definition of terms
2.1.0Introduction to Banking Supervision & Regulation
2.2.0Development of Banking in Nigeria
2.3.0The objectives for banking Supervision
2.4.0Approaches to Banking Regulation and Supervision
2.5.0Banking Supervision and Regulatory Structures
2.6.0Ways and Methods by which Regulatory authorities Carry out supervisory functions in banks
2.7.0Procedures and areas of banking examination
2.8.0Origin of Bank regulation/Supervision in Nigeria
2.9.0Conditions for effective banking supervision
2.10.0The roles of Regulatory Authorities in Banking
2.11.0The agents of banking Supervision Authorities and Authorities
2.12.0Challenges of Supervision
2.13.0The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation
2.14.0The Impact of Public Policy on the Banking System in Nigeria
2.15.0Banking Sector Policies in Nigeria
2.16.0The Performance of Public Sector Banks in Nigeria
2.17.0The Impact of Financial Liberalisation on Banking
2.18.0Recent developments in the organization of banking Supervision
2.19.0Bank consolidation in Nigeria: Processes and Prospects
2.20.0Supervision of Restructured banks
2.21.0Assessment of Compliance with the Basle Core Principles
3.2.0Sources of data & Instruments of data Collection
3.5.0Determination of Sample size
3.6.0Administration of Questionnaires & Interviews
3.7.0Methods of data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
DISCUSSION OF RESULTS
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
6.0.0Summary of Findings
Proposed Research Questionnaire
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The recent evolution of technology for financial transactions poses interesting questions for pol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The banking system plays a fundamental role in the growth and development of any economy. In fact...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES, EFFECT AND PREVENTION OF FRAUD IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION With the existence of so many banks and the establishment of new ones in the banking industry, the banking environment is...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A microfinance institution is a semi formal organization. It can be non government al or communit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Secretaries are not born but made, although there are people with the potential of becoming good,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study According to Grasmuck (2000), a small enterprise is a type of small business, often registered, ha...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF STAFF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANISATIONAL GOALS IN THE FIRST BANK PLC (FIRST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The study was designed to assess the impact of the Staff Performance Appraisal System of First Bank Plc, a case study of Uyo Branch. Specific...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF CREDIT RECOVERY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL COOPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (NACRDB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE EXTENDED ESSAY The administration of credit can be regarded as important to financial institutions in any e...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANK IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A SURVEY OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN ETSAKO WEST L.G.A EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Commercial banks play an important role in economic development of developing countries. Economic de...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF COMPUTER ON BANKING OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ECO BANK NIG. PLC OBIARUKU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Bank like other type of business enterprises are run to satisfy their customers need and make pro...Continue Reading »