Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The study is an empirical analysis of the impact of regulation and supervision on the activities of Nigerian banks with emphasis on the role of the Central Bank of Nigeria and The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation. It evaluates the roles and contributions of CBN and NDIC to the Nigerian banking sector. Extensive field survey and library research was carried out and data collected were subjected to thorough analysis.
The analysis shows that the supervisory and regulatory framework of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation are not sufficient to guarantee effective banking practices in Nigeria.
Other findings from the study include the need to increase the maximum insurance coverage due to the effect of inflation and the persistent fall in the value of the Naira, the need to disclose transactions continuously to ensure financial prudence through regular supervision and monitoring of the financial health of local banks with the aid of the â€˜CAMELâ€™ ratings and other supervisory framework.
There is need to also increase the awareness of banking activities within the general populace through a deliberate integration process aimed at demystifying certain inherent perceptions of the public with respect to distress and the role of the Nigerian deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC). Moreover, the public, investors and depositors were not fully aware of the activities of NDIC and CBN in liquidating and revocation of banksâ€™ licenses due to the ineffectiveness of the enlightenment programmes used in carrying out the awareness.
The study focuses also on the consolidation agenda of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the processes, prospect and the challenges of consolidation. A questionnaire and telephone based research was adopted for the study and the data collated was tested using the chi-square analysis and supported by fundamental evidence from the database of the regulatory authorities.
Finally, the study offered suggestions as to how the problems so identified could be ameliorated.
TABLE OF CONTENT
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1.0Background of the Study
1.2.0Aims and Objectives of the Study
1.3.0Scope and Limitations
1.4.0Significance of the Study
1.5.0Statement of Research Problems
1.6.0Statement of Research Questions
1.8.0Definition of terms
2.1.0Introduction to Banking Supervision & Regulation
2.2.0Development of Banking in Nigeria
2.3.0The objectives for banking Supervision
2.4.0Approaches to Banking Regulation and Supervision
2.5.0Banking Supervision and Regulatory Structures
2.6.0Ways and Methods by which Regulatory authorities Carry out supervisory functions in banks
2.7.0Procedures and areas of banking examination
2.8.0Origin of Bank regulation/Supervision in Nigeria
2.9.0Conditions for effective banking supervision
2.10.0The roles of Regulatory Authorities in Banking
2.11.0The agents of banking Supervision Authorities and Authorities
2.12.0Challenges of Supervision
2.13.0The Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation
2.14.0The Impact of Public Policy on the Banking System in Nigeria
2.15.0Banking Sector Policies in Nigeria
2.16.0The Performance of Public Sector Banks in Nigeria
2.17.0The Impact of Financial Liberalisation on Banking
2.18.0Recent developments in the organization of banking Supervision
2.19.0Bank consolidation in Nigeria: Processes and Prospects
2.20.0Supervision of Restructured banks
2.21.0Assessment of Compliance with the Basle Core Principles
3.2.0Sources of data & Instruments of data Collection
3.5.0Determination of Sample size
3.6.0Administration of Questionnaires & Interviews
3.7.0Methods of data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
DISCUSSION OF RESULTS
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
6.0.0Summary of Findings
Proposed Research Questionnaire
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by a desire to examine corporate governance indicators and performance of Nigerian banking sector. In light of the em...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 IMPROVING CUSTOMER SERVICES IN NIGERIA COMMERCIAL BANKS It will be necessary to elucidate more on the worlds, customer, b...Continue Reading »
3. CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND THE INCIDENCE OF BAD DEBT IN NIGERIA MONEY-DEPOSIT BANKS.(A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a modern economy,there is distinction between the surplus economic units and the deficit econo...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANK IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A SURVEY OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN ETSAKO WEST L.G.A EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Commercial banks play an important role in economic development of developing countries. Economic de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Generally in Nigeria, banks are usually accused by customer’s of number of short coming...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Higher education is the forefront in the production of capable human resources base of Nigeria’s economy. However, regardless of effort...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF CREDIT RECOVERY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL COOPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (NACRDB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE EXTENDED ESSAY The administration of credit can be regarded as important to financial institutions in any e...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined the effect of interest rate margin on the performance of deposit money banks in Nigeria within the sample period of 1980 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The name bank is derived from the Italian word banco desk/bench used during the renaissance by Fl...Continue Reading »
10. THE DETERMINANTS OF COMMERCIAL BANK DEPOSITS IN NIGERIA 1989 - 2007: A STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC» ABSTRACT The study focused on factors which affect the deposit mobilization operations of commercial banks in Nigeria, particularly the Union Bank of ...Continue Reading »