Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OFF THE STUDY
Information is a critical resource in the operation and management of organization. The information should be accurate and timely vital for the effective performance of management function such a planning, organizing, leading and control. Therefore, for any organization to survive every competitive environment, it must consciously plan and implement a functional information system of which is the computer.
Computers have revolutionized every ones lives. They have changed the way people work, play, shop, and learn. According to Kurshan (2005), computer was earlier made to entertain but soon its application found a place in business and education. Today, computer is the major information technology and application has become a common language in the business world.
Kurshan (2005) view computers as an electronic machine that operate with a remarkable speed and reliability. In addition, they are unique with the ability to receive store and retrieve information and instruction that the user gives them.
Business usage of electronic computers continue to increase every year more firms, even the smallest ones are processing data electronically because of the advantages computer offers (Enueme 2004). In contrast to the organization of the industrial economy. The information economy represents a significance shift in the underlying business assumption.
The application of advance information technology to increase the effectiveness of the business between trading partners on its network, is now popularly known as electronic business (E. Business) we can classify them into electronic commerce. Electronic enterprise, electronic banking and electronic fund transfer. Electronic conferencing, electronic library etc (Onyeka 2004).
This computerization proves to be an effective means for modern business transaction, so as to handle information and improve the quality of service to their customers as well as implement cost effective operations and increased profit.
The computer technology is posed of abilities to enable it receive, process an output and this underscores its relevance and usage in modern business transaction. It can greatly enhance the processing and storage of all information relevance to decision – making.
In most supermarkets, items have a barcode. A label made up of columns of black lines. At the checkout, the barcode is passed over a barcode reader. A computer link to this machine check the barcode against a price list and send the result back to the cash register. This saves time a lot. Each price does not have to be keyed into the cash register and price tags don’t have to be put on each item (Louder Computer Training Institute, 2004).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM.
There have been divergent views as to what impacts the computer technology has created in the enhancement of our modern business transaction. Some organizations believed that computer do not in any way create impact in their business transaction therefore, this study has been researched so as to solve this problem and to identify the usefulness of computer in modern business transaction.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research on the impacts of computer on business transaction has witnessed a lot of problems. To address these problems some relevant questions that must be answer were raised as follows:
1. What are the contributions of computer to business transaction?
2. Do the Nigeria firms make adequate use of computer in business transaction?
3. What are the problems of applying computer in business transaction?
4. What is the solution of these problems?
5. What are the benefits, if computer is effectively apply on modern business enterprise
1.4 THE OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to identify the importance and effectiveness of computer application in business transaction. It is also to find out the likely problems involved in the use of computer in business transaction.
1. To verify how computer affect the standard of business transaction in Nigeria
2. To know if computer could positively or negatively affect the efficiency of business transaction in Nigeria.
3. To verify the major development to computer that is affecting the growth of business in Nigeria.
1.5 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covered the importance and the effectiveness of applying
Computer in business transaction; the study also stated clearly the limitation of
the uses of computer in business transaction as well as the rolls computer play in
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In carrying out any study of this nature a lot of constrains are often encountered and this study is not an exception owing to geographical vastness of the Warri Metropolis. And due to financial constrain. This study is limited to some selected firms and business organization in Warri local Government Area of Delta State Nigeria.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of immense benefits to the public especially business organization proprietors and managers of an organization who have not made effective use of the computer or intends to computerized their firm. Also, the research work will serve as a reference point for researchers who intend to carry out a research on a similar topic.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Business transaction - it means business deal usually involving buying and selling.
2. Planning - it means a method of achieving something that you have worked out carefully in advance.
3. Technology - means using scientific means or knowledge in solving practical problems.
4. Management- it means managing the people who manage a business
5. Barcode- it means a set of thick lines that are printed on the labels of goods that are sold in shop.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT In summary the aim of conducting this research is to investigate into some problems that are in existence in the banking industry and to sugg...Continue Reading »
2. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF COMMERCIAL BANK IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC AWKA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Banking originate in ancient Mesopotamia where the royal palace and temple provided secure pl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The late 1980’s and early 1990’s have been characterized with the increasing complexe...Continue Reading »
4. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN ASSESSING THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (UNION BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRUDUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A farmer, who plants corps, expects result, similarly to student who sits for examination expects res...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION ON THE BUYING BEHAVIOUR OF CUSTOMER IN KADUNA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE MTN OFFICE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study One of the primary objectives of every business is to increase the sale of its products in ord...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Financing is the act of providing funds for business activities, making purchases or investing (A...Continue Reading »
7. ELECTRONIC BANKING AND THE CHALLENGES OF THE NIGERIAN BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC.)» BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Although a lot of research works has been done on the prospects and challenges of Information Technology in the banking indust...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by a desire to examine corporate governance indicators and performance of Nigerian banking sector. In light of the em...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Investment is an essential component of aggregate demand and fluctuations in investment have cons...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN THE ALLEVIATION OF POVERTY IN NIGERIA. ( A Case Study of Oha Microfinance Bank Ogui Road Branch, Enugu State)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1: BACKGROND OF THE STUDY A robust economic growth cannot be achieved without putting in place well focused programme to re...Continue Reading »