Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Oranges are one of the most popular fruits for eating out hand and most important source of fresh juice having a distinctive flavour and high amount of vitamin A B and C (Aye et al., 2012).
The orange fruit is a specialized type of berry known to the botanists as hesperidia. It has a soft, pithy central axis surrounded by 10-15 segments containing pulp and juice. Enclosing the segments is a leathery segment which contains juice that is sugary; several organic acids (chiefly citric acid) many other components; which give it a distinctive flavour; and high amounts of vitamins A, B and C. (Aye et al., 2012).
Oranges grow on evergreen trees of the family Rutaceae. The trees grow to a height of about 30 feet (9m) and are symmetrical and upright. The fruit varies in the number of seeds, from none to many. Orange is one of the major source of vitamins among other fruits in the world and it is globally recognized (Wiseman, 2013). In Nigeria, orange is mostly found in the middle belt particularly in Benue state that is commonly known as food basket of the nation as its slogan.
A very large number of orange is harvested yearly in Benue state and exported to other part of the country where it is either consumed naturally or converted to juice in addition with other fruits (Wiseman, 2013).
Orange trees are widely grown in tropical and subtropical climates for their sweet fruit. The fruit can be eaten fresh, or processed for its juice or fragrant peel. As of 2012, sweet oranges accounted for approximately 70% of citrus production (Bailey and Robert, 1998).
The need to meet household demand for freshly made fruit juice is of paramount interest to all those who desire to take juice at its natural state without adding any preservative to it.
Orange is one of the most important fruits and source of vitamin desired to be consumed in its natural and fresh nature that allow the consumers to benefit from it. Medically, orange serves as a catalyst to facilitate digestion and also as a means of reducing constipation in adolescents (Christopher, 2015).
1.2 Statement of problem
Manual orange juice extraction using hands have low capacities and low efficiencies, sometimes un-hygienic, and can hardly meet demand for large quantities of juice. Extraction of orange juice using electrically powered juicers has the limitations of irregular supply of power and sometimes most electrically power juicers are expensive to buy and may require regular maintenance.
In order to optimize the volume of juice extracted using a manually with manual extractor, there is need to develop an orange juice extractor using stainless steel to obtain juice from oranges with little effort and meet home demand for hygienic and fresh orange juice.
1.3 Aim and objectives
1.3.1 AIM: The aim of this project is to develop a manually operated juice extractor that will extract juice from the orange fruit using stainless steel and encourage hygienic fresh orange juice consumption.
a. To develop a manually operated juice extractor
b. To construct the juice extractor
c. To evaluate the constructed juice extractor
Development and construction of manually operated orange juice extractor will in many ways discourage the consumption of juice containing artificial preservatives which might be harmful due to long term consumption. The constructed juice extractor will require no special skill to operate it, should be affordable, portable and attractive using stainless materials.
1.5 Scope and limitation
This project work is limited to the development and construction of a manual orange juice extractor using stainless steel.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Recently various members of the society have raised an alarm on the low standard of education in Nigeria, high cost of food despite good qual...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The disposal of spent engine oil (SEO) into gutters, water drains, open vacant plots and farms is...Continue Reading »
3. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON THE EFFECT OF NPK FERTILIZER ON CROP GROWTH (A CASE STUDY OF MICHAEL OPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUAHIA ABIA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The history of cement production in Nigeria can be traced back to 1957. From the onset, about th...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF FARMERS’ ADAPTATION STRATEGIES TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN PARTS OF YOBE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research assessed the farmers‘ adaptation strategies to climate change in parts of Yobe state. The objectives of the research are ...Continue Reading »
» Table of Contents Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi Abstract x CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
6. A N ANALYSIS OF THE FINANCIAL STRUCTURE A N D , PROFITABILITY'OF RICE ENTERPRISE: THE CASE OF ADARICE PROJECT PARTICIPATING FARMERS IN ENUGU STATE, N...» A BSTRACT In order to help local farmers i~llproveon their rice production technique amongst other objectives, Adarice project adopted the participati...Continue Reading »
7. DEVELOPMENT OF RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME IN SORGHUM PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES FOR TRAINING SECONDARY SCHOOL GRADUATES FOR EMPLOYMENT IN KWARA AND KO...» Abstract This study focused on the development of resource management programme in sorghum production enterprises for training secondary school gradua...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Agriculture is the most basic form of human activities in the whole world. It includes the cultiv...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study assessed the profitability of swine production in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. Three specific objectives, three research questions an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Rotary Slashers is an agricultural machine, which is used for cutting unwanted grass. These rotary slashers are joined th...Continue Reading »