Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 48 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The top of the injector nozzle has a lot of holes to deliver a spray of diesel/petrol fuel into the cylinder. The higher the pressure the smaller the injector nozzles opening can be producing smaller pulse that provide better fuel atomization, the fuel is sprayed through an injector nozzle typically at high pressure to improve the mixing of fuel with air.( Lucas Injector)
Petrol engine can be use indirect in such a way that the fuel is being injected into the inlet manifold before the inlet valves will open to pass through it and enter the combustion chamber while direct. With name implies it directly to the combustion chamber at a prices time. A fuel pump creates the flow of petrol to the engine and it is them injected into the inlet manifold by an injector nozzle. There is no separate injector for each cylinder or one or two injector into the inlet manifold (Davis maarlan). Traditionally, the fuel air mixture is controlled by the carburetor a device that is by no means perfect a major disadvantage is that a single carburetor supplying a four cylinder cannot give each cylinder precisely the same fuel – air mixture because some of the cylinder are further away from the carburetor than others(Hartman, Gerard (5 August 2007)).
One possible solution is to fit twin carburetor but these are difficult to tune correctly. Instead many vehicle are now being fitted with fuel injected engines where the fuel is delivered in precise burst engine so equipped are usually more efficient and more powerful than carbureted ones and they can also be more economical, as well as having less poisonous emission
To construct a device “tester” that will be used to stimulate spray pattern and leakage test on Spark Ignition and identifies blockage nozzle.
i. To make testing of nozzle more easier for the automobile technician or road side mechanic as well to enable the owner see the condition of spray pattern of their nozzles.
ii. To provide a portable and affordable nozzle tester
iii. To demonstrate to student on how injector nozzles spray with the device.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
Most auto service men find it difficult to ascertain the state and condition of the spray nozzles especially when carrying out Servicing and cleaning. There are no common specific device used in carrying out these test unlike the diesel injector nozzle which uses injector nozzle tester ( compression or pressure guage are special testers).Service men use carburetor cleaners to flush and service the nozzle, which is just cleaning without checking the spray pattern. Cleaning alone will not solve nozzle problem, rather the vehicle will not only develop less power but will consume excess fuel. in the process of cleaning the nozzle these O-rings might cause the nozzle to leak and the vehicle might not function properly and where exposed to spark or some naked wire might result to fire and the cause has gotten same car or vehicle to get burnt. These reasons has given birth to the idea and desire of taking the challenge in developing of spark ignition nozzle testers that will be efficient and affordable.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The project comprises the development of a tester for sparks ignition injector nozzle using locally available materials. The nozzle tester is constructed mainly to carry out test on gasoline injector nozzle for spray pattern, leakages.
1.5 Significance of the Study
Because testers for SI injector system or nozzles are not readily available service men will usually do a guess work in determining the condition of the nozzle. The guess work is what I intend to put to rest.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Green lawn, according to Barre (1950) is the maintenance of a perennial green vegetation cove...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study assessed the variations of Lead content in River Kaduna at Nariya farm for the months April, May and June, 18 samples of water wer...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Hand trolley is a mechanical conveying device used domestically and industrially for workers comfort in other to give workers the reason to w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The field experiment was conducted at Kaduna Polytechnic Tudun Wada, Kaduna state in a Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD) to evaluate th...Continue Reading »
5. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK TO THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page i Fly page ii Title page iii Approval page iv Declaration v Dedication vi Acknowledgement vii Table of contents viii List...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The determination of the physical and mechanical properties of NERICA paddy (FARO's 44(SIPI), 51(Isadane), 52(WITA 40) and 57(TOX4004 43 1 2 ...Continue Reading »
7. INSTALLATION OF AUXILIARY WATER SUPPLY NETWORK IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Through a constant series of research and development, It was suggested that groundwater is a...Continue Reading »
8. INSTALLATION OF WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING» TABLE OF CONTENT Tittle page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Abstract vi CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1 1.1 Backgro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was aimed at providing an Auxilary water supply in the Department of Agricultural and Bio Environmental Engineering. A reconuais...Continue Reading »
10. PARTICIPATION OF YOUTH IN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES IN JEMA’A LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study seeks to establish youth participation in agricultural activities in Jema’a Local Government, Kaduna State, Nigeria. The stu...Continue Reading »