Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The Internet revolution was really about people customer and fundamental shift of market power from the seller to buyer. In the new economy customers expectations are very different than before. A company understanding of this difference and its ability to capitalize on it will be the key to success. The web, the internet and emerging computing and communication technologies have redefined business erasing traditional boundaries of time and geography and creating new virtual communities of customers and suppliers with new demand to product and services. E-commerce only forms a fragment of e-business. Earlier companies had web sites displaying the company products etc. then they started to use the e-commerce as one of the distribution channel in addition to the existing system for sales that is e-commerce. The term Electronic commerce or e-commerce consists of all business activities carried on with the use of electronic media, that is, computer network. It involves conducting business with the help of the electronic media, making use of the information technology such as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). In simple words, Electronic commerce involves buying and selling of goods and services over the World Wide Web. Customers can purchase anything right from a car or a cake sitting comfortably in his room and gift it to someone sitting miles apart just by click of a mouse. Shipping method is generally used for the delivery of the goods ordered. Every Bank which is highly leading now performs their transaction through computer and computer is not only the concept can make off the transaction automatic. All the commercial application now transfers to the concept of e-commerce and is one of the very important aspects for carrying bank transactions falsity. In the commercial world surrounded by highly competitive and volatile market conditions, any new concept or technology would be acceptable only if it provides strong benefits to all concerned. Ecommerce offers some distinct advantages.
First, portability improves bottom line of and organization. And secondly expanded market share, some component can be handled by multiple customers at the same time.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
A study by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has shown that SMEs, while generally lagging in ICT, have the most to gain from increases in productivity thanks to e-commerce. SMEs, however, actually run the risk of missing opportunities in both productivity and profitability by not engaging in e-business.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1. To study how e-commerce aid in the economic development of developing countries.
2. To identify the relationship between e-commerce and emerging market.
3. Toidentify the significant impact of e-commerce on emerging market.
4. To assess the influence of e-commerce in developing an economy.
1.4 Research Questions
1. Does e-commerce aid in the economic development of developing countries?
2. Is there a relationship between e-commerce and emerging market?
3. What significant impact does e-commerce have on emerging market?
4. Can e-commerce influence the development of an economy?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
Ho: E-commerce has no significant impact on emerging market.
Hi: E-commerce has significant impact on emerging market.
1.6 Significance of the Study
E-commerce has been hailed by many as an opportunity for developing countries to gain a stronger foothold in the multilateral trading system. E-commerce has the ability to play an instrumental role in helping developing economies benefit more from trade. Unlike the requirements necessary to run a business from a physical building, e-commerce does not require storage space, insurance, or infrastructure investment on the part of the retailer. The only pre-requisite is a well-designed web storefront to reach customers. Additionally, e-commerce allows for higher profit margins as the cost of running a business is markedly less.
1.7 Scope/Limitations of the Study
This study is on the impact of e-commerce on emerging markets using konga online store as a case study.
Limitations of study
- 1. Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
- 2. Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 Definition of terms
It is the buying and selling of goods and services or the transmitting of funds or data, over an electronic network, primarily the internet. These business transactions occur either as business-to-business, business-to-customer, customer-to-customer or the customer-to-business.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF AGRICULTURE TO RURAL DEVELOPMENT: (A CASE STUDY IN UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT For the purpose of this research work, an opinion survey was made using oral interview and author constructed questionnaire to examine &ldquo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE CASE STUDY The advent of computer technology has boost production of both domestic and industrial activitie...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Everybody appreciates the fact that when motorists pay more for fuel, the transport fare increases. This has been the case even when the incr...Continue Reading »
4. RESOURCE USE EFFICIENCY AMONG FADAMA CROP FARMERS IN IBADAN/IBARAPA AGRICULTURAL ZONE OF OYO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the resource use efficiency among Fadama crop farmers in Ibadan Ibarapa agricultural zone of Oyo state, Nigeria. Data ...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF ADAPTATION STRATEGIES TO CLIMATE CHANGE AMONG SMALLHOLDER CROP FARMERS IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was conceived in regard to the empirical reality that farming in Enugu State, as it applies to all parts of Southeastern Nigeria, ...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF OFF-FARM WORK ON TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTION RISK AMONG RICE FARMERS IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The study analysed the effects of off farm work on technical efficiency and production risks among rice farmers in Enugu State, Nigeria. Nine...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTDioscorea bulbifera is a major stable food crop which is a species of yam widely distributed around the world in tropical and subtropical regi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of agricultural development on Nigeria’s economic growth (1980 2013) while the specific objectives were ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF PROBLEM. The problem of low productivity and lack of improvement in agriculture has been traced to various ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinaum) is one of the most important crop in the world because of its st...Continue Reading »