Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Broiler production is carried out under different production systems and different production systems imply variations in cost of inputs and
returns. This study looked at the cost implications of raising broilers under different production systems as well as constraints faced by the farmers. The
study was conducted in Edo State of Nigeria. The data used in the study were obtained from a cross-sectional survey of broiler farmers in the State from
October–December, 2013. A multi-stage sampling process was used to select the 211 respondents for this study. The data collected were analyzed using
descriptive statistics, profitability ratios and multiple regression models. A five point Likert scale was used to judge level of severity of the constraints
faced by the farmers. The study showed that the mean age of farmers that adopted the battery cage systemwas 48 years and 46 years for the farmers that
used deep litter system. The Gross Margin analysis gave a value of N2,422.24 and a Net Farm Income (NFI) of N2,412.40 per bird for battery cage system
while the deep litter system had a gross margin of N1,601.77 and NFI of N1,593.80 per bird. The profitability ratios showed Rate of Return on Investment RRI
(91.69%), Return on Labour RL (N18.03), Return on Feed RF (N144.22) and Return Per Naira invested RNI (N0.91) for the battery
cage system as against Rate of Return on Investment RRI (70.74%), Return on Labour RL (N30.28), Return on Feed RF (N117.95), and Return Per Naira Invested
RNI (N0.71) for the deep litter system. This shows that both systems were profitable in the study area. The Return per
Naira Invested (RNI) showed that for every N1 invested a return of 91 kobo and 71 kobo accrued to the farmer for battery cage
and deep litter systems respectively. Only three variables in the regression model were found to be statistically significant (P<0.05), these were feed
cost, electricity, and purchase cost of day old chick for both the battery cage and deep littersystems. Feed cost was the major determinants of revenue
accruing to the farmers.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF PROBLEM. The problem of low productivity and lack of improvement in agriculture has been traced to various ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the Effects of Poverty on the Risk Attitudes of Farmers in Benue State, Nigeria. Nigeria has remained one of the poore...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study focused on the Effects of Climate on revenue from Oil Palm Production in Southern Nigeria. The broad objective was to examine the e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Intergovernmental Panel on Flood (IPCC) (2007), views flood as statistically significant vari...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE AGRO-ENTERPRISES ON ACCESS TO MICROFINANCE BANKS CREDIT IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study evaluated the effects of capital structure of small and medium scale agro enterprises on access to microfinance banks credit in Enu...Continue Reading »
6. ANALYSIS OF COWPEA MARKETING AND PRICE TRENDS IN SOME SELECTED RURAL AND URBAN MARKETS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study analyzed cowpea marketing and price trend in some selected rural and urban markets in Kaduna State, Nigeria. A multi stage sampling...Continue Reading »
7. ECONOMIC STUDY OF THE USE OF ORGANIC MANURE IN YELLOW PEPPER (Capsicum annuum L.) PRODUCTION IN NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT Economic study of the use of organic manure in yellow pepper production in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State was carried out. The s...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION OF PARTICIPATORY POVERTY REDUCTION THROUGH WATER DELIVERY SUPPORT OF LOCAL EMPOWERMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT...» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to evaluate Participatory Poverty Reduction by Utilization of Water Delivery of Local Empowerment and Environmental ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Agriculture in the context of the economy is tied with the various sectors and is essential for g...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study determined the economics of oil palm seedlings production in Edo South Senatorial district, Edo State. The specific objective was t...Continue Reading »