Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Broiler production is carried out under different production systems and different production systems imply variations in cost of inputs and
returns. This study looked at the cost implications of raising broilers under different production systems as well as constraints faced by the farmers. The
study was conducted in Edo State of Nigeria. The data used in the study were obtained from a cross-sectional survey of broiler farmers in the State from
October–December, 2013. A multi-stage sampling process was used to select the 211 respondents for this study. The data collected were analyzed using
descriptive statistics, profitability ratios and multiple regression models. A five point Likert scale was used to judge level of severity of the constraints
faced by the farmers. The study showed that the mean age of farmers that adopted the battery cage systemwas 48 years and 46 years for the farmers that
used deep litter system. The Gross Margin analysis gave a value of N2,422.24 and a Net Farm Income (NFI) of N2,412.40 per bird for battery cage system
while the deep litter system had a gross margin of N1,601.77 and NFI of N1,593.80 per bird. The profitability ratios showed Rate of Return on Investment RRI
(91.69%), Return on Labour RL (N18.03), Return on Feed RF (N144.22) and Return Per Naira invested RNI (N0.91) for the battery
cage system as against Rate of Return on Investment RRI (70.74%), Return on Labour RL (N30.28), Return on Feed RF (N117.95), and Return Per Naira Invested
RNI (N0.71) for the deep litter system. This shows that both systems were profitable in the study area. The Return per
Naira Invested (RNI) showed that for every N1 invested a return of 91 kobo and 71 kobo accrued to the farmer for battery cage
and deep litter systems respectively. Only three variables in the regression model were found to be statistically significant (P<0.05), these were feed
cost, electricity, and purchase cost of day old chick for both the battery cage and deep littersystems. Feed cost was the major determinants of revenue
accruing to the farmers.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE PROFITABILITY OF IMPROVED AGRICULTURE AND ITS RELATIONSHIP TO POVERTY STATUS IN ABUJA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken to assess the profitability of Improved Apiculture and its Relationship to Poverty Status in Abuja, Nigeria”. ...Continue Reading »
2. GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF BROILER CHICKENS FED WITH MILLET AND CASSAVAPEELING AS A REPLACEMENT FOR OTHER BROILERS FEED» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to determine the growth performance of broiler fed with millet and cassava peelingas a replacement for maize, as we...Continue Reading »
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF ADAPTATION STRATEGIES TO CLIMATE CHANGE AMONG SMALLHOLDER CROP FARMERS IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was conceived in regard to the empirical reality that farming in Enugu State, as it applies to all parts of Southeastern Nigeria, ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Prices contain information crucial to maximizing the returns to production and marketing investments. At planting time, a farmer's planting d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information Nigeria has been an agricultural economy since the colonial period up to the 1970s when we witness...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study empirically assessed the effects of land lease market on crop production in Enugu State, Nigeria. The specific objectives were to:...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is largest oil exporting country in Africa and has a rapidly growing economy. The country...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT d' This study dealt on the economic analysis of ginger (Zirrgiher. qf~cinnleIi) marketing in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The specific objectives w...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 General introduction One of the important objectives of macroeconomic policy in has been the rapid economic growth of an economy. Econ...Continue Reading »
10. CONTRIBUTIONS OF RURAL NON-FARM ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES TO HOUSEHOLDS, IN LERE DISTRICT, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION The population of rural areas of developing countries is now approximately three billion, and the...Continue Reading »