Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Broiler production is carried out under different production systems and different production systems imply variations in cost of inputs and
returns. This study looked at the cost implications of raising broilers under different production systems as well as constraints faced by the farmers. The
study was conducted in Edo State of Nigeria. The data used in the study were obtained from a cross-sectional survey of broiler farmers in the State from
October–December, 2013. A multi-stage sampling process was used to select the 211 respondents for this study. The data collected were analyzed using
descriptive statistics, profitability ratios and multiple regression models. A five point Likert scale was used to judge level of severity of the constraints
faced by the farmers. The study showed that the mean age of farmers that adopted the battery cage systemwas 48 years and 46 years for the farmers that
used deep litter system. The Gross Margin analysis gave a value of N2,422.24 and a Net Farm Income (NFI) of N2,412.40 per bird for battery cage system
while the deep litter system had a gross margin of N1,601.77 and NFI of N1,593.80 per bird. The profitability ratios showed Rate of Return on Investment RRI
(91.69%), Return on Labour RL (N18.03), Return on Feed RF (N144.22) and Return Per Naira invested RNI (N0.91) for the battery
cage system as against Rate of Return on Investment RRI (70.74%), Return on Labour RL (N30.28), Return on Feed RF (N117.95), and Return Per Naira Invested
RNI (N0.71) for the deep litter system. This shows that both systems were profitable in the study area. The Return per
Naira Invested (RNI) showed that for every N1 invested a return of 91 kobo and 71 kobo accrued to the farmer for battery cage
and deep litter systems respectively. Only three variables in the regression model were found to be statistically significant (P<0.05), these were feed
cost, electricity, and purchase cost of day old chick for both the battery cage and deep littersystems. Feed cost was the major determinants of revenue
accruing to the farmers.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the impact of port concession in Nigeria using Apapa Seaport as a study area. To achieve this objective...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project work is designed to find out appraisal of problems and prospect of peasant farming in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo Sta...Continue Reading »
3. ANALYSIS OF LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION BY FARMING HOUSEHOLDS IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Thisstudy focused on analyse of livelihood diversification by farming households in Kachia, Kagarko and Jaba Local Government areas of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTIVENESS OF THE USE OF LOCAL SANCTIONS BY SMALLHOLDER FARMERS IN AGRICULTURAL LOAN RECOVERY UNDER THE COMMUNITY BANKING SYSTEM IN ENUGU STATE,...» ABSTRACT Distress problems in .Nigerian financial institutions resulted into their liquidation. Prior to the distress syndrome, many financial institu...Continue Reading »
5. LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION UTILIZED BY RURAL DWELLERS IN NSIT IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Comparative Analysis compares two or more languages with common descent from a shared ancestor feature by feature, in order to extrapolate ba...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi The study investigated the economics of catfish (Clarias gariepinus) production in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. The broad objective of the stud...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to examine the Economics of Sesame Production among small holder famers in Benue State, Nigeria. Specifi...Continue Reading »
8. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF FINANCING AND SUSTAINABILITY OF IRRIGATED AGRICULTURE IN THE LOWER ANAMBRA AND LOWER BENUE IRRIGATION PROJECTS, NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The attendant low yield of cowpea among smallholder farmers has increased the need for site specific fertilizer recommendation and integratio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Environmental degradation has become important global issues since the 1970s, when the world coun...Continue Reading »