Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study focused on the analysis of farmer‘s efficiency in cowpea production in Kwara State.This study was carried out in three Local Government Areas in KwaraState, Nigeria between April and Julyduring the 2014 cropping season. A multistage sampling technique was usedto select the farmers for this study. The first stage was purposive selection of the three Local Governments based on predominance of cowpea production among the farmers. Secondly, nine villages were purposively selected, Three from each local government area based on their intensity of cowpea production. Finally, a simple random sampling was employed in selecting farmers from each of the villages. Ten percent of the sample frame (1680) was used as the sample size. In all, 168 farmers were randomly selected.Descriptive statistics, net farm income and stochastic frontier production function were used in analyzing the data. The study showed that 32% of the respondents fell within the age range of 30 and 39years.The majority of the farmers (49%) had no formal education. About (87%) of the farmers have household sizethat ranged from 1-10 persons while the mean was 6.About (83%)of the farmers were not members of a Cooperative Society. The parameters of the stochastic frontier production function were estimated simultaneously with those of the model of inefficiency effects. Results indicated that all the efficiency variables were significant (P < 0.05). The mean technical and allocative efficiencies were 75% and 68% respectively. Findings further revealed that none of the sampled cowpea farms reached the frontier threshold.However, the average economic efficiency of the cowpea farmers was 51%. Also, household size and extension contact were responsible for the variation in technical efficiency of the cowpea producers. It could be concluded that cowpea production in the study area is profitable. It was therefore recommended that extension agents should be encouraged by providing adequate incentives to enhance their services. Lastly, farmers should be enlightened on the importance of belonging to functioning co-operative association because of the importance and benefit that can be derived from it.
1.1 Background of the study
Agriculture in Nigeria is dominated by small-scale farmers who produce about 80%
of the total food requirement (Fayinka, 2004). These farmers are characterized by
strong dependence on agricu
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY IN RICE PRODUCTION UNDER SMALL-SCALE FARMER MANAGED IRRIGATION SYSTEM AND RAIN-FED SYSTEM IN KOGI STATE» Abstract This research was designed to determine and compare the technical efficiency and input levels used in rice production under farmer managed ir...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to examine the Economics of Sesame Production among small holder famers in Benue State, Nigeria. Specifi...Continue Reading »
3. THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR AS THE KEY TO THE DIVERSIFICATION OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY FOR SUSTANABLE DEVELOPMENT» ABSTRACT With the recent and continued fluctuations in the international price of crude oil, lack of diversification of the Nigerian economy has led t...Continue Reading »
4. MARKETING ANALYSIS OF RED PEPPER (Capsicum annum) IN OLAMABORO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out with the aim of analyzing the marketing of red pepper (Capsicum annum) in Olamaboro local government area of Kogi ...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» ABSTRACT This study has attempted to measure the impact of agricultural output on economic growth. The study made use of secondary data from 1970 2004...Continue Reading »
» BSTRACTComparisons were made between 24 Ethiopian rams and 24 Galla goats for voluntary intake, feed selectivity and growth performance when offered t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the integration of rice markets in Enugu state. Factors considered include: socio economic characteristi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is largest oil exporting country in Africa and has a rapidly growing economy. The country...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria has been faced with bad governance, poverty, terrorism, environmental degradation, oil theft, illegal bunkering, proliferation of sma...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study assessed the trend, structure, composition, determinants and effectiveness of Federal Government agricultural expenditure policies ...Continue Reading »