Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study focused on the analysis of farmer‘s efficiency in cowpea production in Kwara State.This study was carried out in three Local Government Areas in KwaraState, Nigeria between April and Julyduring the 2014 cropping season. A multistage sampling technique was usedto select the farmers for this study. The first stage was purposive selection of the three Local Governments based on predominance of cowpea production among the farmers. Secondly, nine villages were purposively selected, Three from each local government area based on their intensity of cowpea production. Finally, a simple random sampling was employed in selecting farmers from each of the villages. Ten percent of the sample frame (1680) was used as the sample size. In all, 168 farmers were randomly selected.Descriptive statistics, net farm income and stochastic frontier production function were used in analyzing the data. The study showed that 32% of the respondents fell within the age range of 30 and 39years.The majority of the farmers (49%) had no formal education. About (87%) of the farmers have household sizethat ranged from 1-10 persons while the mean was 6.About (83%)of the farmers were not members of a Cooperative Society. The parameters of the stochastic frontier production function were estimated simultaneously with those of the model of inefficiency effects. Results indicated that all the efficiency variables were significant (P < 0.05). The mean technical and allocative efficiencies were 75% and 68% respectively. Findings further revealed that none of the sampled cowpea farms reached the frontier threshold.However, the average economic efficiency of the cowpea farmers was 51%. Also, household size and extension contact were responsible for the variation in technical efficiency of the cowpea producers. It could be concluded that cowpea production in the study area is profitable. It was therefore recommended that extension agents should be encouraged by providing adequate incentives to enhance their services. Lastly, farmers should be enlightened on the importance of belonging to functioning co-operative association because of the importance and benefit that can be derived from it.
1.1 Background of the study
Agriculture in Nigeria is dominated by small-scale farmers who produce about 80%
of the total food requirement (Fayinka, 2004). These farmers are characterized by
strong dependence on agricu
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Agriculture is concerned with the husbandry of crops and animals for food and other purposes. It is the foun...Continue Reading »
2. EVALUATION OF PARTICIPATORY POVERTY REDUCTION THROUGH WATER DELIVERY SUPPORT OF LOCAL EMPOWERMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT...» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to evaluate Participatory Poverty Reduction by Utilization of Water Delivery of Local Empowerment and Environmental ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study determined the economics of oil palm seedlings production in Edo South Senatorial district, Edo State. The specific objective was t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyze the economics of soil conservation practices in Enugu State. This study employed multistage r...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF THE BENUE ADP’s CASSAVA PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES ON THE PRODUCTIVITY AND INCOMES OF WOMEN FARMERS IN BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» Abstract This research work was carried out to assess the effects of the Benue ADP’s cassava production technologies on the production and incom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The poultry industry serves as a source of employment and a source of income to many people. It p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT 1. The food crises in Niger are structural, mainly related to the performance of the agricultural sector. The agricultural sector is dominant...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the economics of fish marketing in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria using primary data. Purposive and multistage random sampli...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conducted in Soba Local Government Area of Kaduna State. A multistage sampling technique was used for this study. The study ana...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF RESOURCE USE EFFICIENCY IN RICE PRODUCTION AMONG FADAMA III AND NON-FADAMA III BENEFICIARY RICE FARMERS IN NIGER STATE, NIGERI...» ABSTRACT This study investigated resource use efficiency of Fadama III and non Fadama III beneficiary rice farmers in Niger State, Nigeria. Primary da...Continue Reading »