Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study focused on the analysis of farmer‘s efficiency in cowpea production in Kwara State.This study was carried out in three Local Government Areas in KwaraState, Nigeria between April and Julyduring the 2014 cropping season. A multistage sampling technique was usedto select the farmers for this study. The first stage was purposive selection of the three Local Governments based on predominance of cowpea production among the farmers. Secondly, nine villages were purposively selected, Three from each local government area based on their intensity of cowpea production. Finally, a simple random sampling was employed in selecting farmers from each of the villages. Ten percent of the sample frame (1680) was used as the sample size. In all, 168 farmers were randomly selected.Descriptive statistics, net farm income and stochastic frontier production function were used in analyzing the data. The study showed that 32% of the respondents fell within the age range of 30 and 39years.The majority of the farmers (49%) had no formal education. About (87%) of the farmers have household sizethat ranged from 1-10 persons while the mean was 6.About (83%)of the farmers were not members of a Cooperative Society. The parameters of the stochastic frontier production function were estimated simultaneously with those of the model of inefficiency effects. Results indicated that all the efficiency variables were significant (P < 0.05). The mean technical and allocative efficiencies were 75% and 68% respectively. Findings further revealed that none of the sampled cowpea farms reached the frontier threshold.However, the average economic efficiency of the cowpea farmers was 51%. Also, household size and extension contact were responsible for the variation in technical efficiency of the cowpea producers. It could be concluded that cowpea production in the study area is profitable. It was therefore recommended that extension agents should be encouraged by providing adequate incentives to enhance their services. Lastly, farmers should be enlightened on the importance of belonging to functioning co-operative association because of the importance and benefit that can be derived from it.
1.1 Background of the study
Agriculture in Nigeria is dominated by small-scale farmers who produce about 80%
of the total food requirement (Fayinka, 2004). These farmers are characterized by
strong dependence on agricu
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to assess the economic and welfare values of fish in the lower Niger River. This study was guided by the following ob...Continue Reading »
2. THE ECONOMIC EFFECT OF SMALL-SCALE IRRIGATION TOMATO FARMING ON EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN IKARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Agriculture is the mainstay of many economies. All over the world, the development of an enduring...Continue Reading »
3. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF GENDER ACCESSIBILITY TO PRODUCTIVE RESOURCES IN GINGER PRODUCTION FOR POVERTY ALLEVIATION IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The broad objective of this study is to comparatively analyze gender accessibility to productive resources in ginger production for alleviati...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study analyzed the performance of watermelon marketing in Enugu state, Nigeria. Watermelon has long been regarded as a minor crop in Nige...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO STUDY Cocoa is a bean that is in high demand all over the world especially by developed countries. Cocoa has ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The poultry industry serves as a source of employment and a source of income to many people. It p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Agricultural products encompass all categories of products related to agriculture. They range from ra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was conducted in Soba Local Government Area of Kaduna State. A multistage sampling technique was used for this study. The study ana...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYE Commerce is the process of conducting business electronically among various entities in order to s...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF THE ADOPTION OF EARLY MAIZE TECHNOLOGY ON PRODUCTIVITY AND FOOD SECURITY STATUS OF THE FARMERS IN GWAGWALADA AND KUJE AREA C...» ABSTRACT The study examined the impact of the adoption of early maize technology on productivity and food security status of farmers in Gwagwalada and...Continue Reading »