Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major constitute of current assets. Thus, the importance of inventory management cannot be over emphasized since it has been established to play a big role in the continual existence of any manufacturing outpit. The place which inventory occupies in the production processes of manufacturing firms (companies) has prompted the study of its impact on the profitability of such companies. Sales and purchases are the basic trading activities that give rise to profit. Movement of inventory is an indication of the level of activities in a firm. Manufacturing business are flexible and dynamic and the business of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, just like that of any other company in manufacturing business should be changing with time. This research examines the impact of inventory management on the profitability of manufacturing firms. To carry out this research, the researcher resorted to the use of questionnaire, oral interview as the major instrument for data collection and chi-square for testing of formulated hypothesis as the statistical tool. After careful analysis of the data, the following were revealed: Proper inventory management has significant impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms, proper authorization of inventory quantity removed from the store for production is maintained; the staff of the company should be motivated towards adequate inventory management through training and seminar; productivity levels of such companies are enhance by proper inventory management. The study concluded with some recommendations that:
a) Staff should be motivated towards profit maximization which is the sole aim of every business enterprise. This should be through appreciation of individual differences in both quality output among staff of the company.
b) In line with staff competition among many manufacturers in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, adequate attention should be given for effective and efficient customer services to prevent them from running to other sources of supply.
c) All efforts of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo should be planned towards making adequate harness of human resources elements in a productive channel through staff training bearing in mind that success or failure of any organization depends on its work force.
d) In the final analysis, the outcome of the research proved that proper inventory management has impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 8
2.2 Concept of Inventory Management - - - - 9
2.3 Inventory Classifications - - - - - - 10
2.4 Inventory Procurement Process - - - - - 11
2.5 Inventory Control - - - -- - - - 13
2.6 Cost Associated with Inventory - - - - 15
2.7 Economic Order Quantity (E.O.Q) - - - - 19
2.8 Inventory Levels - - - - - - - 20
2.9 Management Functions - - - - - - - 23
2.10 Need for Inventory Control - - - - - 26
2.11 Methods of Determination Quantity - - - - 28
2.12 Inventory Valuation Method - - - - - 29
2.13 Concept of Profitability - - - - - - 30
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN PROCEDURES
3.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 31
3.2 Research Design - -- - - - - - 31
3.3 Area of the Study - - - - - - - 31
3.4 Population of the Study - - - - - - 32
3.5 Sample Size Determination --- -- - - - 32
3.6 Research Instrument - - - - - - 33
3.7 Validation of Research Instrument - - - - 33
3.8 Method of Data Analysis - - - - - 34
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 35
4.2 Analysis and Interpretation of Data - - - - 35
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis - - - - - - 40
4.4 Discussion of Findings - - - - - - 43
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 45
5.2 Summary - - - - - - - - 45
5.3 Conclusion - - - - - - - - 46
5.4 Recommendations - - - - - - - 48
References - - - - - - - - 49
Appendix - -- - - - - - - 51
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PLANNING AND ITS CONTROL IN AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM POLYTECHNIC)» ABSTRACT This study examines the Federal Government financial allocation, planning and its control in an educational institution. It is aimed at proff...Continue Reading »
2. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT In this research work titled effect of accountability and transparency on the performance of the public sector organizations with particular ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The issue of proper documentation of financial record which is the major responsibility of the ac...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF EFFICIENT MATERIAL MANAGEMENT ON THE SUCCESS OF MANUFACTURING COMPANIES (A CASE STUDY OF SUPERTEX LIMITED, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Supertex limited was incorporated in 1982 and commenced its production in 1983. It completed the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Rural development is a process of planned change for which one approach or the other is adopted f...Continue Reading »
7. AFRICAN COSMOLOGY AND CHRISTIAN RESPONSE TO ENVIRONMENTAL CRISIS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A CASE STUDY OF IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) are very important to the development of the economy. This is because their roles promote the econo...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT» ABSTRACT This research project focuses on the development of a computerized and web based Document Management System for the Department of Computer sc...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF UNCAPTURED INFORMAL MARKET INCOME ON REVENUE GENERATION: A STUDY OF IBAKA COMMUNITY IN MBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The informal market employs a greater proportion of the labour force in developing countries compare to the formal market. This market or sec...Continue Reading »
10. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS ACROSS EXPENDITURE HEADS IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC TEACHING HOSPITALS (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Health care services are one of the cardinal services any government must provide for its citizenry. ...Continue Reading »