Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major constitute of current assets. Thus, the importance of inventory management cannot be over emphasized since it has been established to play a big role in the continual existence of any manufacturing outpit. The place which inventory occupies in the production processes of manufacturing firms (companies) has prompted the study of its impact on the profitability of such companies. Sales and purchases are the basic trading activities that give rise to profit. Movement of inventory is an indication of the level of activities in a firm. Manufacturing business are flexible and dynamic and the business of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, just like that of any other company in manufacturing business should be changing with time. This research examines the impact of inventory management on the profitability of manufacturing firms. To carry out this research, the researcher resorted to the use of questionnaire, oral interview as the major instrument for data collection and chi-square for testing of formulated hypothesis as the statistical tool. After careful analysis of the data, the following were revealed: Proper inventory management has significant impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms, proper authorization of inventory quantity removed from the store for production is maintained; the staff of the company should be motivated towards adequate inventory management through training and seminar; productivity levels of such companies are enhance by proper inventory management. The study concluded with some recommendations that:
a) Staff should be motivated towards profit maximization which is the sole aim of every business enterprise. This should be through appreciation of individual differences in both quality output among staff of the company.
b) In line with staff competition among many manufacturers in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, adequate attention should be given for effective and efficient customer services to prevent them from running to other sources of supply.
c) All efforts of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo should be planned towards making adequate harness of human resources elements in a productive channel through staff training bearing in mind that success or failure of any organization depends on its work force.
d) In the final analysis, the outcome of the research proved that proper inventory management has impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 8
2.2 Concept of Inventory Management - - - - 9
2.3 Inventory Classifications - - - - - - 10
2.4 Inventory Procurement Process - - - - - 11
2.5 Inventory Control - - - -- - - - 13
2.6 Cost Associated with Inventory - - - - 15
2.7 Economic Order Quantity (E.O.Q) - - - - 19
2.8 Inventory Levels - - - - - - - 20
2.9 Management Functions - - - - - - - 23
2.10 Need for Inventory Control - - - - - 26
2.11 Methods of Determination Quantity - - - - 28
2.12 Inventory Valuation Method - - - - - 29
2.13 Concept of Profitability - - - - - - 30
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN PROCEDURES
3.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 31
3.2 Research Design - -- - - - - - 31
3.3 Area of the Study - - - - - - - 31
3.4 Population of the Study - - - - - - 32
3.5 Sample Size Determination --- -- - - - 32
3.6 Research Instrument - - - - - - 33
3.7 Validation of Research Instrument - - - - 33
3.8 Method of Data Analysis - - - - - 34
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 35
4.2 Analysis and Interpretation of Data - - - - 35
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis - - - - - - 40
4.4 Discussion of Findings - - - - - - 43
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 45
5.2 Summary - - - - - - - - 45
5.3 Conclusion - - - - - - - - 46
5.4 Recommendations - - - - - - - 48
References - - - - - - - - 49
Appendix - -- - - - - - - 51
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. RATIO ANALYSIS AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF SELECTED COMPANIES QUOTED IN THE NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of content vi List of Tables xi Abstract v...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY With the prevailing situation in the Nigeria economy, it is an established fact that embezzlement...Continue Reading »
3. PUBLIC EXPENDITURE AND THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF BANK)» ABSTRACT This research work is titled “The role of Accounting in the control of public expenditure” the incessant incident of budget defic...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON ACCOUNTABILITY OF GOVERNMENT REVENUE SPECIFICALLY THE PARASTATALS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Treasury single account (TSA) is an essential tool for consolidating and managing government cash...Continue Reading »
5. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mobile wise geek (2011) defined fraud as a deliberate misrepresentation that causes a form of monetary losses. All of the...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgements vi Table of Contents vii Abstract x CHA...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting information by definition is about provision of financial information needed to take d...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF SALES PROMOTION IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF DRUGS A CASE STUDY OF RHOKYN PHARMACY AND STORES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An organization can be viewed as successful if it can achieve its planned objectives and set goal...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Decision making can be viewed as the very fabric of which organized activities are made. This partly depends on the amount of information sup...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this research work is to appraise “The impact of credit management on the profitability of a manufacturing firm focused on Unile...Continue Reading »