Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major constitute of current assets. Thus, the importance of inventory management cannot be over emphasized since it has been established to play a big role in the continual existence of any manufacturing outpit. The place which inventory occupies in the production processes of manufacturing firms (companies) has prompted the study of its impact on the profitability of such companies. Sales and purchases are the basic trading activities that give rise to profit. Movement of inventory is an indication of the level of activities in a firm. Manufacturing business are flexible and dynamic and the business of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, just like that of any other company in manufacturing business should be changing with time. This research examines the impact of inventory management on the profitability of manufacturing firms. To carry out this research, the researcher resorted to the use of questionnaire, oral interview as the major instrument for data collection and chi-square for testing of formulated hypothesis as the statistical tool. After careful analysis of the data, the following were revealed: Proper inventory management has significant impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms, proper authorization of inventory quantity removed from the store for production is maintained; the staff of the company should be motivated towards adequate inventory management through training and seminar; productivity levels of such companies are enhance by proper inventory management. The study concluded with some recommendations that:
a) Staff should be motivated towards profit maximization which is the sole aim of every business enterprise. This should be through appreciation of individual differences in both quality output among staff of the company.
b) In line with staff competition among many manufacturers in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, adequate attention should be given for effective and efficient customer services to prevent them from running to other sources of supply.
c) All efforts of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo should be planned towards making adequate harness of human resources elements in a productive channel through staff training bearing in mind that success or failure of any organization depends on its work force.
d) In the final analysis, the outcome of the research proved that proper inventory management has impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 8
2.2 Concept of Inventory Management - - - - 9
2.3 Inventory Classifications - - - - - - 10
2.4 Inventory Procurement Process - - - - - 11
2.5 Inventory Control - - - -- - - - 13
2.6 Cost Associated with Inventory - - - - 15
2.7 Economic Order Quantity (E.O.Q) - - - - 19
2.8 Inventory Levels - - - - - - - 20
2.9 Management Functions - - - - - - - 23
2.10 Need for Inventory Control - - - - - 26
2.11 Methods of Determination Quantity - - - - 28
2.12 Inventory Valuation Method - - - - - 29
2.13 Concept of Profitability - - - - - - 30
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN PROCEDURES
3.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 31
3.2 Research Design - -- - - - - - 31
3.3 Area of the Study - - - - - - - 31
3.4 Population of the Study - - - - - - 32
3.5 Sample Size Determination --- -- - - - 32
3.6 Research Instrument - - - - - - 33
3.7 Validation of Research Instrument - - - - 33
3.8 Method of Data Analysis - - - - - 34
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 35
4.2 Analysis and Interpretation of Data - - - - 35
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis - - - - - - 40
4.4 Discussion of Findings - - - - - - 43
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 45
5.2 Summary - - - - - - - - 45
5.3 Conclusion - - - - - - - - 46
5.4 Recommendations - - - - - - - 48
References - - - - - - - - 49
Appendix - -- - - - - - - 51
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before now, business Success was built on the ability to move goods and services with speed and a...Continue Reading »
2. INTERNAL AUDIT AS A TOOL IN ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This research work which is aimed at examining the internal audit as a tool in achieving organizational objective, for the purpose of clarity...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF STATUTORY AUDITOR IN CONTROLLING FRAUD IN GOVERNMENT OWNED ESTABLISHMENT (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL UNTH, E...» ABSTRACT This research work is view of the role of a statutory Auditor with intention of determining how it helps in cubing frauds in government owned...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concern for high productivity in industrial organizations is universal, and is the desire of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Several studies have been carried out in Nigeria to find out why many government parastatals or i...Continue Reading »
6. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC. ABA)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to establish the vital role which management Accounting techniques play in manufacturing firms , A case study of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL BUDGETING ON ORGANIZATION PERFORMANCE (ONDO STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS)» ABSTRACT The research profer an evaluation of the impact of capital Budgeting on organizational performance It analyses the nature of capital budgetin...Continue Reading »
8. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITY FROM FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BY SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES: EVIDENCE FROM NIGERIA» Abstract This study tries to look at the accessibility of credit facility from financial institutions by small and Medium Scale Enterprises: Evidence ...Continue Reading »
9. THE USE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN APPRAISING THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF GUINNESS NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The basis for financial planning, analysis and decision making is the financial information neede...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effect of audit quality proxied by audit firm size, auditor industry specialization, auditor tenure, client importanc...Continue Reading »