Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major constitute of current assets. Thus, the importance of inventory management cannot be over emphasized since it has been established to play a big role in the continual existence of any manufacturing outpit. The place which inventory occupies in the production processes of manufacturing firms (companies) has prompted the study of its impact on the profitability of such companies. Sales and purchases are the basic trading activities that give rise to profit. Movement of inventory is an indication of the level of activities in a firm. Manufacturing business are flexible and dynamic and the business of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, just like that of any other company in manufacturing business should be changing with time. This research examines the impact of inventory management on the profitability of manufacturing firms. To carry out this research, the researcher resorted to the use of questionnaire, oral interview as the major instrument for data collection and chi-square for testing of formulated hypothesis as the statistical tool. After careful analysis of the data, the following were revealed: Proper inventory management has significant impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms, proper authorization of inventory quantity removed from the store for production is maintained; the staff of the company should be motivated towards adequate inventory management through training and seminar; productivity levels of such companies are enhance by proper inventory management. The study concluded with some recommendations that:
a) Staff should be motivated towards profit maximization which is the sole aim of every business enterprise. This should be through appreciation of individual differences in both quality output among staff of the company.
b) In line with staff competition among many manufacturers in Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo, adequate attention should be given for effective and efficient customer services to prevent them from running to other sources of supply.
c) All efforts of Champion Breweries Plc, Uyo should be planned towards making adequate harness of human resources elements in a productive channel through staff training bearing in mind that success or failure of any organization depends on its work force.
d) In the final analysis, the outcome of the research proved that proper inventory management has impact on the profitability of manufacturing firms.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
2.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 8
2.2 Concept of Inventory Management - - - - 9
2.3 Inventory Classifications - - - - - - 10
2.4 Inventory Procurement Process - - - - - 11
2.5 Inventory Control - - - -- - - - 13
2.6 Cost Associated with Inventory - - - - 15
2.7 Economic Order Quantity (E.O.Q) - - - - 19
2.8 Inventory Levels - - - - - - - 20
2.9 Management Functions - - - - - - - 23
2.10 Need for Inventory Control - - - - - 26
2.11 Methods of Determination Quantity - - - - 28
2.12 Inventory Valuation Method - - - - - 29
2.13 Concept of Profitability - - - - - - 30
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND DESIGN PROCEDURES
3.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 31
3.2 Research Design - -- - - - - - 31
3.3 Area of the Study - - - - - - - 31
3.4 Population of the Study - - - - - - 32
3.5 Sample Size Determination --- -- - - - 32
3.6 Research Instrument - - - - - - 33
3.7 Validation of Research Instrument - - - - 33
3.8 Method of Data Analysis - - - - - 34
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
4.1 Introduction - - - - - - - 35
4.2 Analysis and Interpretation of Data - - - - 35
4.3 Testing of Hypothesis - - - - - - 40
4.4 Discussion of Findings - - - - - - 43
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.1 Introduction - - - - - - - - 45
5.2 Summary - - - - - - - - 45
5.3 Conclusion - - - - - - - - 46
5.4 Recommendations - - - - - - - 48
References - - - - - - - - 49
Appendix - -- - - - - - - 51
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The preparation of stewardship report from the accounting point of view is the role of the manage...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON REVENUE GENERATION (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA (P.H.C.N) OKPARA AVENUE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT COSTING TECHNIQUES ON A PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE FLOUR MILLS PLC, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The primary goal of a business concern, its production of goods and services and sell them in a p...Continue Reading »
4. APPLICATION OF COST ACCOUNTING TO MANAGEMENT PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC))» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The main theme of this project is to bring to highlight the importance of costing to the existenc...Continue Reading »
5. TAXATION AS A SOURCE OF REVENUE TO THE GOVERNMENT (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Some of the major functions of any government especially developing countries such as Nigeria are...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work has seriously analyzed procurement act and its impact on the accountability of officers in public sector in Nigeria. Where...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Research Property taxation is one of the major source of revenue in Nigeria especially in local governm...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SCALE BUSINESS. A CASE STUDY OF ROJALIN COMPANY LTD, OGWASHI-UKU DELTA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Advertising and sales promotion has not only become an integral part of our society and economic ...Continue Reading »
9. BUDGETARY PLANNING AND CONTROL AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES (A CASE OF PAN-AFRICAN UNIVERSITY, LAGOS).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study There is a great need for effective planning and management of resources and the coordinating of ...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATION IN DECISION MAKING IN ORGANIZATIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF PHCN OLEH DISTRICT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Decision making which is seen as the process of choosing from alternative is a part of our every ...Continue Reading »