Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This research is an attempt to study the impact of internal auditing on the performance of a company using zenith bank plc as a case study.
Therefore accountability and reporting in both public and private sector can not be emphasized. The human material and financial resource of the nation are being managed by the executive on behalf of the citizens, while in corporate bodies or set up organization, the managers manages the affairs of the company.
The long outstanding issue is how to ensure that the executives and manager (directors) perform their stewardship function satisfactory. This desire has led to the introduction of the internal control which has been defined by ICAN, ANAN AND ACCA as the whole system of controlling financial and other established management in order to carry the business of the enterprise in a more orderly and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to management policies safeguard the asset and secure as possible the completeness and the accuracy of the records of the internal audit which constitute part of the internal control system established by the management which assist management to determine the result of performance of delegated responsibilities and authorities of ascertain if the companies financial and accounting policies procedure and control are implemented.
Internal audit has therefore been defined by “J.T.U” Okolo (1980) as the independent review or appraisal within the organization by the specially assigned staff of organization of the financial accounting and all other operation as a basic for protective and advisory service to manage. This research therefore is meant to evaluate and bring to limelight the role played by the internal audit to a company’s performance. Thus the researcher titled this work “the impact of internal audit on performance of a company”.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Companies fund and properties are entrusted to certain individual or employees in the companies and in most cases the individual work are not brought under thorough supervision.
The result therefore is keeping of incomplete records of accounting failure to adhere strictly to companies accounting standard and guidelines.
This research therefore attempts to highlight the impact of internal auditing on the performance of a company and makes suggestion about possible solutions.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
This research work is undertaken to study the impact of internal auditing on the performance of a company. It is also to find out the extent of which management has appraised their own operation and how competent they have been in determining operation weakness and ills.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
For the purpose of this research study, the following questions are developed:
1 To what extent does audit ensure the accuracy of and reliability of accounting records in companies?
2 To what extent does audit report express usual financial situation.
3 Does audit evaluate reports and account given to management?
4 To what extent does adequate internal control system facilitate auditing process?
5 To what extent does the company understand the true and fair view of the auditor?
6 What is the proper prospective of the auditor’s job?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1 Hi: Audit ensures accuracy and reliability in a company record:
Ho: Audit does not ensure accuracy reliability in companies’ record.
2 Hi: Audit reports express usual financial situation
3 Hi: Audit evaluates reports and account given to management.
Hi: Adequate internal control system does not facilitate auditing process?
4 Ho: Does the companies have confidence in auditors report?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
This research work is intended to offer different levels of significance to various categories of readers and those who may like to make reference to the topic of study. The significance of the study is that, it will highlight the advantages on the company’s performance by having internal audit. Internal audit when established will in no doubt contribute to the successful implementation of management policies as well as safeguard management policies as well as the company’s asset and enhances operation effectiveness and efficiency.
1.7 LIMITATION OF STUDY
There is no research study no matter how well conducted that is free from certain contain constrains. For instance, time compelled this research to be restricted to Zenith Bank Plc, Agbor Branch. Staffs are not usually or easily co-operating which forced the researcher to visit their offices severally before they could complete the questionnaire.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1 Audit; Audit is the examination of an expression of opinion on the financial statement of enterprise by an appointed audit in pursuit of what appointment.
2 Stewardship: Stewardship is the act of taking care or managing something, for instance, property of an organization money or valuable object on behalf of the owner (shareholders)
3 Impact: Impact is the powerful effect that a factor has over a situation on somebody of something.
4 Appraisal: Appraisal is a judgment of value of performance with set of standard goals and objectives.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE SIGNIFICANCE OF ACCOUNTING STANDARD IN THE PREPARATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT OF AN ORGANIZATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY CHAPTER ONE INRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The basic purpose of accounting standards is ...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON REVENUE GENERATION (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA (P.H.C.N) OKPARA AVENUE ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCOUNTING RECORDS IN PROFIT MAKING ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ESCO SUPERMARKET, WARRI, DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In turbulent time, an organisation has to be managed properly in order to withstand the changes i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION 1.1 Background to the Study Stock is very crucial in an organization is day to day activities, such as maintenance of plant an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Financial industries, organisation both private a d public operation in the world of uncertainty....Continue Reading »
6. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION METHODS ON FINANCIAL REPORT STATEMENT IN SOME MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted on with special reference to the impact inventoryvaluation methods has on financial report statements of man...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Forms of banking have been in existence about 500 BC. The early bankers (the jews) lombandy in Italy transacted their bus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The holy book says in Hosea 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the common tools for macro economic development in developing countries is tax incentives....Continue Reading »
10. THE GAINS OF MICRO FINANCE BANKING SCHEME IN THE NIGERIA ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST MICRO FINANCE BANK OLEH)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The idea of micro finance banking became necessary due to the inability of the previous banking scheme to mobi...Continue Reading »