Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Collective bargaining is regarded as the most important mechanism for reducing conflict. Here the management and workers or union discuss and agree for their mutual interest to avoid strike and conflict. Therefore collective bargaining purpose to introduce organizational democracy into the work place and significant contribution to the dictionary of the labour union on the other hand each worker by the union relation with the management. Collective bargaining therefore provides means by which workers through their officials influence the human relation policy of management it plays a very important role in restoring piece through easy recognition of conflicts and taking necessary step to revolve it through dialogue and agreement which will only lead to achieving the organizational goal. Collective bargaining is essential for corporate survival of an organization the problem that affect the growth and productivity or efficiency of the organization. It is the appropriate method of determining wages and conditions of employment of which government, labour and management are involve in ensuring effective utilization of labour in organizations by the private sectors. Although it is unfortunate that the scope of collective bargaining has been linked to main wages and fringe benefit working condition and redundancy issue such as productivity do seem to feature in collective bargaining.
1.2 BRIEF HISTYORY OF DELTA STEEL COMPANY
Based on enquiring made, it was discovered that Delta Steel Company Limited known as DSC in Ovwain Aladja in Udu was set up ion January 1982. The company joint Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer if Dr. Samuel Nwanbuolei and the company is now twenty nine (29) years old the step that gave birth to the company was the bold steel giant step for steel development in which tools place on the 1975/80 where the history of steel development in Nigeria was clashed back to the 1950s, 1958 initially. The Delta Steel Company (DSC) employed 250 workers into the various departments after it has been commissioned in January 1982. Such departments are as follows; personnel department, production department, administrative department, accounting department, etc the company has attain a great height and he level up to expectation in the production of steel in the zone where it is located and also the country Nigeria.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is not questionable to say that many public organizations are faced with lots of industrial conflicts. It is evident that some factors try to influence the performance of workers in their working environment some of these factors can be classified into two such as;
i. Internal factors
ii. External factors
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research is aimed at providing answer to the following questions and also provides a focus for the study.
1 At what level does collective bargaining exists in the Delta Steel Company Limited (DSC) Ovwain Aladja.
2 Can organization goals be achieved without collective bargaining?
3 How does management use collective bargaining to achieve higher performance and productivity?
1.5 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The study is aimed at achieving the following objective in an organization, the objectives of the study are:
i. To find out the impact which collective bargaining has made in achieving the goals of Delta Steel Company Limited (DSC) Limited.
ii. To encourage public organizations to see the need to establish effective collective bargaining between administrative heads of department to hold regular consecutive management meetings weekly or monthly basis with their subordinates of employees so as to enable them to achieve their set goal/targets
iii. To know the importance of the reviewing of the objective and performance appraisal, evaluation of performance and attempt to identify the likely obstacles to maximum productivity.
iv. Last but not the least to explain why work in many of the government owned organizations are done haphazardly. Some people erroneously conceive the idea that government work belongs to everybody. For this don’t show concern to their duties being delegated to them. This project work is therefore all about the impact of collective bargaining in achieving organization goals.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study has so many benefits that it cannot be over emphasized. Its benefits or importance cut across all human endeavors. This includes
i. The project will be of great benefit to the management and staff of Delta Steel Company Limited (DSC) Ovwain Aladja Delta State.
ii. It will enable workers to know that collective bargaining is an opportunity to participate in arrangement function of their organization because the absence of collective bargaining means that managerial prerogative would dominate most labour matters.
iii. It will make management to know when there us industrial harmony in an organization; it reveals that the workers will certainly throw in their energies, efforts, wisdom, intelligence etc to assist management in effectuating of aspirations, increase productivity efficiency and maximum profit.
iv. Finally, this study could serve for reference purpose and as guide or assistance for future researcher towards a successful accomplishment of their own studies.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to Delta Steel Company Limited (DSC) Ovwain Aladja in Udu Local Government Area, Delta State
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Below are some of the constraints which faced the researcher in an attempt to vividly certain issues:
i. Time factor: The time given for this research work was to have viewed the contribution of certain authors in the literature review.
ii. Money factor: the cost of transport to the case study location was much.
iii. The attitude to respondents to answering of the questionnaire.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1 Collective Bargaining: Collective bargaining is the process of negotiating term of employment and other conditions of work between the representatives of management and coercion and it conducted in good faith.
2 Industrial Relation: This can be defined as the relationship between the management and employees in and industrial set up.
3 Management: This can be defined as process of planning, organizing, staffing and controlling organizational members and use of scarce resources to achieve organizational
4 Negotiating: This can be defined by the Oxford Dictionary as formal discussion between people who are trying to reach agreement.
5 Strike: This can be defined as the refusal under common understanding of any number of people employed to continue to work for an employee.
6 Worker: It can be defined as a person who has agreed to render service to another and in the process of rendering these services remuneration called a wage paid in return.
7 Organization: A group of people with special purpose planning of parts so as to form an effective while.
8 Growth: Advance development or a positive change.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT In this research work titled the impact of internal auditing on the profitability of money deposit bank with particular reference to First Ba...Continue Reading »
2. Assessment of value for money audit as a tool for fraud control in The public sector (A case study of ministry of finance)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyThe Nigerian economy is characterized with stories of malpractice such as stories of ghost workers o...Continue Reading »
3. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL STANDARDS (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study sets out to examine whether the impact of International Financial Reporting Standards...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL ADDITING ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF ZENITH BANK PLC, AGBOR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research is an attempt to study the impact of internal auditing on the performance of a comp...Continue Reading »
6. Roles Of Tax Authority In The Prevention And Detection Of Tax Fraud In Nigeria Case Study Of Oyo State Board Of Internal Revenue Service And Selected ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Taxation is not a new word in Nigeria or the world as a whole. In Nigeria, taxation has been in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON BANK PERFORMANCE ON THE COMMERCIAL BANKS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work seeks to examine the impact of corporate social responsibility on bank performance on the commercial banks in Nigeria. Tim...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In democratic society, we have many freedoms that we can exercise within certain limits. However, in enjoying our freedom...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING ( A CASE STUDY OF UNILORIN BURSARY DEPARTMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Every organization both profit or non profit organization has its objectives and goals in min...Continue Reading »