Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the
remarkable seminal work of Ball and Brown (1968) being the center stage. The work provided
an extensive analysis on the value relevance of accounting information and equity valuation and
found that accounting information contained in financial statement have an effect on share
price. This perhaps laid the foundation for numerous empirical studies seeking to measure
association between accounting numbers and equity values in both the developing and
developed world. Recent studies however, have taken a different dimension by measuring the
association between value relevance of accounting information under different regimes of
accounting standards that is local standards (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting
Standard (IFRS). IFRS is in the fore front of accounting standards used in the world today with
over 120 countries fully adopting it.
Nigeria is a signatory to the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) which
compels its public and special entities to adopt the new accounting standard. This is following
the approval of the Federal Executive Council in December 2010, the then Nigerian Accounting
Standards Board (NASB), now designated as Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN))
issued an implementation roadmap for Nigerian‟s adoption of IFRS which set a January 2012
date for compliance of publicly quoted companies, banks and insurance firms in Nigeria. The
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission also adopted this
date for compliance and issued guidance compliance circulars to ensure full implementation of
IFRS in Nigeria.
Several studies such as: Laurenco and Curlo (2008), Hung and Subramanyam (2007),
Bartov, Goldberg & Kim (2005), Barth, Landsman & Lang (2008), have compared the value
relevance of accounting information under IFRS and domestic standard in various countries.
IFRS was adopted in Nigeria to overcome the weaknesses of Statement of Accounting Standard
(SAS) and improve the quality of financial reporting (Bagudo, Abdul Manaf and Ishak,2015).
The country‟s vision 20:20:20 envisioned the country‟s insurance sector to be among the highly
placed emerging markets famous for high market capacity and transparency to achiev
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTIVENES OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN NIGERIAN BANKS. (A STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK)» ABSTRACT This study aimed at evaluating the effectiveness of internal control system in Nigerian banks. To ascertain control activities in banks, to a...Continue Reading »
» ABTRACT Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work tries to give an insight into the issue of the problems of financing international trade in Nigeria from the period (1990 ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY With the prevailing situation in the Nigeria economy, it is an established fact that embezzlement...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study An efficient financial system is essential for building a sustained economic growth and an open vibra...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF IMPACT OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) NIGERIA PLC KADUNA» ABSTRACT This research was carried out on the topic, problem and prospect of the computerized Accounting system in Nigeria Banks. Using the United Ban...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The subject of this research investigation is the role and functions of internal auditing within the local government councils in EnuguState,...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF BUSINESS EDUCATION ON THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOAL IN NIGERIA (Case study of Orhiomwan LGA, Edo State)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Biology education has been described as education for and about science (Okwuanaso&Nwazor, 2000;N...Continue Reading »
9. ELECTORAL LAWS AND CREDIBLE ELECTIONS IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF 2010 ELECTORAL ACT ON 2011 AND 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT Towards the end of 1990, international dynamics, pressures and persuasion combined to move Nigeria towards the embrace of a political system ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The imperative of planning with the help of accounting information before the commencement of ope...Continue Reading »