Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the
remarkable seminal work of Ball and Brown (1968) being the center stage. The work provided
an extensive analysis on the value relevance of accounting information and equity valuation and
found that accounting information contained in financial statement have an effect on share
price. This perhaps laid the foundation for numerous empirical studies seeking to measure
association between accounting numbers and equity values in both the developing and
developed world. Recent studies however, have taken a different dimension by measuring the
association between value relevance of accounting information under different regimes of
accounting standards that is local standards (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting
Standard (IFRS). IFRS is in the fore front of accounting standards used in the world today with
over 120 countries fully adopting it.
Nigeria is a signatory to the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) which
compels its public and special entities to adopt the new accounting standard. This is following
the approval of the Federal Executive Council in December 2010, the then Nigerian Accounting
Standards Board (NASB), now designated as Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN))
issued an implementation roadmap for Nigerian‟s adoption of IFRS which set a January 2012
date for compliance of publicly quoted companies, banks and insurance firms in Nigeria. The
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission also adopted this
date for compliance and issued guidance compliance circulars to ensure full implementation of
IFRS in Nigeria.
Several studies such as: Laurenco and Curlo (2008), Hung and Subramanyam (2007),
Bartov, Goldberg & Kim (2005), Barth, Landsman & Lang (2008), have compared the value
relevance of accounting information under IFRS and domestic standard in various countries.
IFRS was adopted in Nigeria to overcome the weaknesses of Statement of Accounting Standard
(SAS) and improve the quality of financial reporting (Bagudo, Abdul Manaf and Ishak,2015).
The country‟s vision 20:20:20 envisioned the country‟s insurance sector to be among the highly
placed emerging markets famous for high market capacity and transparency to achiev
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 319 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. IMPACT OF STOCK MANAGEMENT ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS: A CASE STUDY OF FAN MILK NIGERIA PLC» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of stock and management on the productivity of business organization and was aimed at investigating the impact...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 134 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS ACROSS EXPENDITURE HEADS IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC TEACHING HOSPITALS (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Health care services are one of the cardinal services any government must provide for its citizenry. ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 317 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This research work has seriously analyzed procurement act and its impact on the accountability of officers in public sector in Nigeria. Where...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 117 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. AN INVESTIGATION INTO VOCATIONAL TRAINING OF PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEED. (A Case Study of Kaduna State Special Education School, Kaduna).» ABSTRACTS This Project is a research specifically conducted into the vocational training programs for persons with special needs with particular refer...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 340 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The construction industry plays an important role in the development of the economy of the countr...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 301 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE EFFECT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION: [A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMPANIES IN ANAMBRA STATE]» ABSTRACT The choice of the topic “The Effect of Taxation on Investment Decision” comes from the fact that most management of business entities are...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE DECISION AND PLANNING IN PRIVATE SECTORS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to access the distribution pattern of healthcare facilities in Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State at pres...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 377 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract The economy of Nigeria cannot function properly or thrive without the micro, small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs). These small scale ent...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 581 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE EFFECT OF BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL ON THE PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The success of every organization depends largely on effective planning and control. Planning and control are pre conditi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 352 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING