Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the
remarkable seminal work of Ball and Brown (1968) being the center stage. The work provided
an extensive analysis on the value relevance of accounting information and equity valuation and
found that accounting information contained in financial statement have an effect on share
price. This perhaps laid the foundation for numerous empirical studies seeking to measure
association between accounting numbers and equity values in both the developing and
developed world. Recent studies however, have taken a different dimension by measuring the
association between value relevance of accounting information under different regimes of
accounting standards that is local standards (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting
Standard (IFRS). IFRS is in the fore front of accounting standards used in the world today with
over 120 countries fully adopting it.
Nigeria is a signatory to the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) which
compels its public and special entities to adopt the new accounting standard. This is following
the approval of the Federal Executive Council in December 2010, the then Nigerian Accounting
Standards Board (NASB), now designated as Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN))
issued an implementation roadmap for Nigerian‟s adoption of IFRS which set a January 2012
date for compliance of publicly quoted companies, banks and insurance firms in Nigeria. The
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission also adopted this
date for compliance and issued guidance compliance circulars to ensure full implementation of
IFRS in Nigeria.
Several studies such as: Laurenco and Curlo (2008), Hung and Subramanyam (2007),
Bartov, Goldberg & Kim (2005), Barth, Landsman & Lang (2008), have compared the value
relevance of accounting information under IFRS and domestic standard in various countries.
IFRS was adopted in Nigeria to overcome the weaknesses of Statement of Accounting Standard
(SAS) and improve the quality of financial reporting (Bagudo, Abdul Manaf and Ishak,2015).
The country‟s vision 20:20:20 envisioned the country‟s insurance sector to be among the highly
placed emerging markets famous for high market capacity and transparency to achiev
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Government organizations have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especi...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 133 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» Abstract Firms determining factors have been identified to have an immeasurable role in enhancing the financial performance of companies, but availabl...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 87 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In recent times, there are persistent entails larger transparency and revelation of monetary info...Continue Reading »
16 pages | 176 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The objective of this study was to evaluate the internal control system in operation at power holding company of Nigeria Plc in Enugu State w...Continue Reading »
105 pages | 382 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vii List of tables xi Abstract xii C...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 220 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Taxes are compulsory payment imposed on the income of individuals, families, communities, trustee...Continue Reading »
138 pages | 872 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE ACCOUNTING IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The title of this research work is, problems and prospects of local government finance/accounting in Nigeria” with particular reference...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 350 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. COMPARATIVE VALUE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION FOR CONSOLIDATED AND SEPARATE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS IN LISTED FINANCIAL SERVICE FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION ` 1.1 Background to the study Accounting is the measurement, processing and communication of financial information about econ...Continue Reading »
114 pages | 70 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. PETROLEUM PROFIT TAX AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY ( A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY For the development and growth of any economy, the provision of basic infrastructure is quite necessa...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 323 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY This statement which says things are not are not always as they seem on the first sight and that ...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 319 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING