Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the
remarkable seminal work of Ball and Brown (1968) being the center stage. The work provided
an extensive analysis on the value relevance of accounting information and equity valuation and
found that accounting information contained in financial statement have an effect on share
price. This perhaps laid the foundation for numerous empirical studies seeking to measure
association between accounting numbers and equity values in both the developing and
developed world. Recent studies however, have taken a different dimension by measuring the
association between value relevance of accounting information under different regimes of
accounting standards that is local standards (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting
Standard (IFRS). IFRS is in the fore front of accounting standards used in the world today with
over 120 countries fully adopting it.
Nigeria is a signatory to the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) which
compels its public and special entities to adopt the new accounting standard. This is following
the approval of the Federal Executive Council in December 2010, the then Nigerian Accounting
Standards Board (NASB), now designated as Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN))
issued an implementation roadmap for Nigerian‟s adoption of IFRS which set a January 2012
date for compliance of publicly quoted companies, banks and insurance firms in Nigeria. The
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Securities and Exchange Commission also adopted this
date for compliance and issued guidance compliance circulars to ensure full implementation of
IFRS in Nigeria.
Several studies such as: Laurenco and Curlo (2008), Hung and Subramanyam (2007),
Bartov, Goldberg & Kim (2005), Barth, Landsman & Lang (2008), have compared the value
relevance of accounting information under IFRS and domestic standard in various countries.
IFRS was adopted in Nigeria to overcome the weaknesses of Statement of Accounting Standard
(SAS) and improve the quality of financial reporting (Bagudo, Abdul Manaf and Ishak,2015).
The country‟s vision 20:20:20 envisioned the country‟s insurance sector to be among the highly
placed emerging markets famous for high market capacity and transparency to achiev
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Assessment of value for money audit as a tool for fraud control in The public sector (A case study of ministry of finance)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyThe Nigerian economy is characterized with stories of malpractice such as stories of ghost workers o...Continue Reading »
» Abstract In the altering competitive environment, human resources are considered as one significant source for competitive advantage. The human resour...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The researcher looked into the impact of privatization on Nigeria money market with the Central Bank of Nigeria as the case study. For the pu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Kenya Revenue Authority was formed at a time when revenue collection was very low and the need to expand the tax base was necessary. KRA ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before the independence of Nigeria, there was little or no manufacturing taking place. The role e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe impact of Computer to Nigeria Commercial Banks especially Union Banks Plc cannot be over emphasized. Many banks have realized the used of ...Continue Reading »
» GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION In the history of philosophy, it is believed that the ultimate end of man is happiness, and the only way that leads ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE PERFORMANCE OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA (A study of Siba Water Company, Ikot Ekpen...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study When scholars first introduced the word “inventory”, they use the word stocks that ar...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF AUDIT COMMITTEE CHARACTERISTICS AND OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF LISTED OIL AND GAS FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Financial performance of a firm remains one of the major route of assessing its wellbeing and to ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This audit report is a reassurance to management that it is fulfilling its stewardship and accountability roles. It enables the owners of org...Continue Reading »