Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
With the advancement of information technology, computer is considered to be one of the most powerful tools for information dissemination and creating awareness.
In like manner, developing a system to represent the repository of the knowledge of a medical doctor is as essential as any other system. To this end, this project, on the awareness of Lassa fever diseases is a necessity.
Lassa fever is an acute viral illness that occurs in West Africa. The illness was discovered in 1969 when two missionary nurses died in Nigeria. The virus is named after the town in Nigeria where the first cases occurred. Lassa fever is endemic in parts of west Africa including Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea and Nigeria; however, other neighboring countries are also at risk, as the animal vector for Lassa virus, the "multimammate rat" (Mastomysnatalensis) is distributed throughout the region.
The advantage of this system is to give awareness on Lassa fever, since it is one of the disease that people are having problems with because of fear of stigmatization and it was noticed that human relate freely with computers than a human expert, this System should be made available for people so that it will serve the doctors as help and also means of awareness on the disease.
The Project is intended to use computer programs to develop a system that creates awareness and give more information on sign and symptom as well as cure process, furthermore it will serve as a preventive measure and give a platform to user to contacting doctor t which will provide adequate knowledge on the disease.
1.2 Problem Statement
Lassa fever is a serious disease that could claim millions of life, with the increase in spread of disease that has being recorded become a threat or danger to the entire human race; due to lack of information and awareness that are not in place for the masses, which can be through online information and awareness system that were not available, these lead to the risk of outbreak and re-outbreak of the diseases. It’s a key issue that, there is need for urgent solution as medical personnel and general public might be affected during or before reaching medical centers and put all at risk of infection of the disease.
1.3 Aim and Objectives
The aim of this project is to build an Interactive system that help doctors and other users by creating crucial information and awareness on the impact of Lassa fever to humanity.
The objectives are:
a) Obtain an appropriate knowledge about the Lassa fever.
b) Design of a Database (knowledge base) for retrieval of knowledge obtained above and other BIO Data.
c) Design of a diagnostic interaction medium and user interface.
d) Synchronization of each module to interact internally within the system.
1.4 Scope and Limitation
a. The system focused and response only on Lassa diseases
b. An interactive medium design for user.
c. A dynamic database system that can act as a knowledge based system.
1.5 Significant of the study
a. It will help to retain the skill of medical doctor in case of any eventuality.
b. It can support academic development.
c. It can be useful in many hospitals, both private and government.
d. It can also serve as first aid to patient for emergency issue.
The following Steps is taken in order to meet the objective of this work:
a. Literatures review on the subject matter and related works.
b. A database is designed to make information retrieval easy.
c. A data collected direct from interview with medical doctors as well as surfing the internet which form the knowledge store of the expert system.
d. MYSQL is a platform for the database.
e. PHP is used as the server side scripting language to implement the functionality of the system
g. Bootstrap is used for fine CSS interfaces.
h. Wamp/Xamp are the apache web servers used for the system
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT THE DEGREE OF EFFECTIVENESS OF OUTSOURCED FACILITY MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA OIL AND GAS FIRMS OF THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR USING USER SATISFACTION...» ABSTRACT The Oil and Gas industry continues to struggle in finding a balance between rising global demand, diminishing known resources and in maintain...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Revenue generation in Nigeria local governments is principally derived from tax. Tax is a compuls...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 148 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONThe applications of Accounting Information have contributed to the growth and development of every business entity. Non profit ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 104 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL FOR FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTION ( A CASE STUDY OF ETI OSA LOCAL GOVT:» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the extent to which forensic accounting can be used as a tool in fraud detection. This study was guided b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 141 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Accountability in both public and private section has being an issue that is worth discussing due to its paramount and co...Continue Reading »
247 pages | 178 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. ACCESSIBILITY OF CREDIT FACILITIES AMONG SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A STUDY OF SME’s IN KADUNA NORTH LGA OF KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ............................................................................................................................Continue Reading »
52 pages | 137 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study focus on corruption and economic crimes in the public sector with a particular reference to ministry of finance, Lagos state. The ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of inventory valuation method on the net profit of manufacturing companies, taking Champion breweries Plc, Uyo...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 83 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE DEVELOPMENTAL ROLES OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTION IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN ABIA STATE (A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT UMUAHIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Economic growth for developing countries has important indications for poverty elimination and wo...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 368 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) ON ACCOUNTING PROFESSION IN NIGERIA» AbstractThis study evaluates the relationship between ICT and accounting profession in Nigeria. The research instruments employed in this study is a c...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 51 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING