Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of Human motivation and Workers productivity of employees with the Beta Glass Factory PLC, Ughelli, Delta State of Nigeria. The main idea was to profile factors that contribute majorly to human motivation in relation to workers productivity. The rationale for the study was simply an observation that some employees seems better adjusted and happy at work and able to adapt well with the requirements of the working environment while some do not. Another observation is that management seems not to be aware or deliberately sidelined those things that motivate their subordinates and to strategically utilize these motivation instrument, to maintain high level of commitment, performance and productivity. The target sample was all employees in the various departments / units of Beta Glass Factory Plc, Ughelli
The profile of the respondents included a variety of ages, gender, races, educational backgrounds, different work locations, different marital statuses, senior and junior employees. Data was collected using questionnaire that was randomly distributed at the company’s work environment. The major findings of this investigation was that reward caused 65.5% motivation. Reward, recognition and adequate training causes 83.3% motivation while satisfaction, caused 100% motivation These results reflect the work attitudes of employees at the time of this research
1.0 BACKGROUND OF RESEARCH PROBLEM:
The theories of motivation constitute one of the streams of the plethora of management theories that explain the behavior of employees at work This is because what motivates one person is quite different from what motivates others.
The importance of motivation in the success of any organization in terms of the attainment of set organizational goal, be it in the area of productivity, profit margin, market share, efficiency, customer satisfaction, value of stock etc is universally acknowledged in the business world. Hence motivation has became “one of the most frequently researched topics in organizational behaviour (OB)” as Robbins (2005: 107) observed. The situation, Robbins noted is due to the discovery that 55% of workers in the United State “have no enthusiasm for their work”. Nevertheless, the application of the emergent motivation theories and their impact on the success of business organization has been a subject of immense debate amongst management science scholars. This not withstanding, the truism that an organization can only be as productively successful as its work force is correspondingly motivating other variables in the production process such as technology, quality of workers,
environment being equally recognized, becomes very important with respect to the case under study – Beta Glass Plc Ughelli, Delta State.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
It was observed that some workers are not happy with their work. Furthermore, there are many and varied reasons why management are continually under distress in organization. Resources, human and material, technology are but a few issues confronting managers daily. More importantly, the human aspect has questions that have perplexed and fascinated managers for a long time. These questions include but not limited to:
What makes some employees perform better than others
What makes some employees seem better satisfied in their jobs than other
How can we improve the motivation and overall productivity of employees
These are indeed teething questions and constraints that plague managers daily
It is a fact that the level of employee motivation affects morale, performance and overall production
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
It is a common postulation that the productivity of workers is in no small measure associated with the nature and extent of the motivation programmes developed and implemented for the benefit of the workers by the organization. A motivated worker is therefore more likely to evolve and demonstrate the highest level of commitment, dedication to duty and organizational loyalty into the work process. Therefore, in investigating the impact of the application of the theories of motivation on the productivity of worker with Beta Glass Plc Ughelli as case study, the study seeks to achieve the underlisted objectives.
i. Examine the concept of motivation
ii. Review the theories of motivation
iii. Examine the impact of application of programmes of motivation on the productivity of workers, particularly in the areas of initiative and commitment, productivity and contribution of conditional effort.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY:
The study seeks to investigate the impact of the application of the theories of motivation on workers productivity in business organization. The particular focus of the study is Beta Glass Plc Ughelli. Effort shall be made to clarify the concept of motivation, examination of the relationship between motivation and initiative and commitment of workers productivity,
attendance and level at which workers willingly put in extra effort in the production process.
1.4 HYPOTHESIS OF THE STUDY:
In order to achieve the set objectives of the study which is on the impact of the application of the theories of motivation and the productivity of workers in Beta Glass Plc Ughelli, the following hypothesis shall be tested to provide empirical basic for the conclusion to be to be adopted.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between motivation and employee productivity in Beta Glass Plc.
Hi: There is significant relationship between motivation and employe
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN IN AN ORGANIZATION (A case study of champions breweries Uyo Akwa Ibom State)» ABSTRACT The study intends to determine the importance of communication in enhancing an effective management undertaking which is for the generality o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 486 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» The article on this topic (enhancing public confidence in audit report of financial institutions in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of t...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 252 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. PLANTING TIME, SPRAY REGIME, DISEASE EXPRESSION AND THEIR IMPACTS ON SIX CUCUMBER LINES IN A DERIVED SAVANNA AGROECOLOGY OF NSUKKA, SOUTHEASTERN NIGER...» ABSTRACT Cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. It is a major vegetable crop worldwide and develops rapidly, with a shorte...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 319 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON BANK PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Every commercial bank targets the attainment of its desired objectives. They therefore aim toward...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 348 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Electronic banking has become one of the most important and modern applications that has witnessed a substantial expansion during the ten yea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 184 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MICRO FINANCE BANKS TO THE SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CRUTECH MICRO FINANCE BANK, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Effectively functioning financial markets like micro finance banks have fundamental roles to play...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 348 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent years the advancement in accounting transaction system modules all over the world has ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 454 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACTorganizational objectivesThis research work is conducted as part of the requirement for the award of a Higher National Diploma (HND) in financ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 119 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. EVALUTION OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF IBESIKPO ASUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT This study appraised the Accounting system in the Local Government Councils in Akwa Ibom State in which Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Coun...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 257 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON BANK LENDING DECISION A CASE STUDY OF UNITED BANK OF AFRICA» ABSTRACT Information is considered as a vital tool in any decision situation. Since we are aware that commercial banks make decision regularly on appl...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING