Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The purpose of this study was to investigate the impact of Human motivation and Workers productivity of employees with the Beta Glass Factory PLC, Ughelli, Delta State of Nigeria. The main idea was to profile factors that contribute majorly to human motivation in relation to workers productivity. The rationale for the study was simply an observation that some employees seems better adjusted and happy at work and able to adapt well with the requirements of the working environment while some do not. Another observation is that management seems not to be aware or deliberately sidelined those things that motivate their subordinates and to strategically utilize these motivation instrument, to maintain high level of commitment, performance and productivity. The target sample was all employees in the various departments / units of Beta Glass Factory Plc, Ughelli
The profile of the respondents included a variety of ages, gender, races, educational backgrounds, different work locations, different marital statuses, senior and junior employees. Data was collected using questionnaire that was randomly distributed at the company’s work environment. The major findings of this investigation was that reward caused 65.5% motivation. Reward, recognition and adequate training causes 83.3% motivation while satisfaction, caused 100% motivation These results reflect the work attitudes of employees at the time of this research
1.0 BACKGROUND OF RESEARCH PROBLEM:
The theories of motivation constitute one of the streams of the plethora of management theories that explain the behavior of employees at work This is because what motivates one person is quite different from what motivates others.
The importance of motivation in the success of any organization in terms of the attainment of set organizational goal, be it in the area of productivity, profit margin, market share, efficiency, customer satisfaction, value of stock etc is universally acknowledged in the business world. Hence motivation has became “one of the most frequently researched topics in organizational behaviour (OB)” as Robbins (2005: 107) observed. The situation, Robbins noted is due to the discovery that 55% of workers in the United State “have no enthusiasm for their work”. Nevertheless, the application of the emergent motivation theories and their impact on the success of business organization has been a subject of immense debate amongst management science scholars. This not withstanding, the truism that an organization can only be as productively successful as its work force is correspondingly motivating other variables in the production process such as technology, quality of workers,
environment being equally recognized, becomes very important with respect to the case under study – Beta Glass Plc Ughelli, Delta State.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
It was observed that some workers are not happy with their work. Furthermore, there are many and varied reasons why management are continually under distress in organization. Resources, human and material, technology are but a few issues confronting managers daily. More importantly, the human aspect has questions that have perplexed and fascinated managers for a long time. These questions include but not limited to:
What makes some employees perform better than others
What makes some employees seem better satisfied in their jobs than other
How can we improve the motivation and overall productivity of employees
These are indeed teething questions and constraints that plague managers daily
It is a fact that the level of employee motivation affects morale, performance and overall production
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
It is a common postulation that the productivity of workers is in no small measure associated with the nature and extent of the motivation programmes developed and implemented for the benefit of the workers by the organization. A motivated worker is therefore more likely to evolve and demonstrate the highest level of commitment, dedication to duty and organizational loyalty into the work process. Therefore, in investigating the impact of the application of the theories of motivation on the productivity of worker with Beta Glass Plc Ughelli as case study, the study seeks to achieve the underlisted objectives.
i. Examine the concept of motivation
ii. Review the theories of motivation
iii. Examine the impact of application of programmes of motivation on the productivity of workers, particularly in the areas of initiative and commitment, productivity and contribution of conditional effort.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY:
The study seeks to investigate the impact of the application of the theories of motivation on workers productivity in business organization. The particular focus of the study is Beta Glass Plc Ughelli. Effort shall be made to clarify the concept of motivation, examination of the relationship between motivation and initiative and commitment of workers productivity,
attendance and level at which workers willingly put in extra effort in the production process.
1.4 HYPOTHESIS OF THE STUDY:
In order to achieve the set objectives of the study which is on the impact of the application of the theories of motivation and the productivity of workers in Beta Glass Plc Ughelli, the following hypothesis shall be tested to provide empirical basic for the conclusion to be to be adopted.
Ho: There is no significant relationship between motivation and employee productivity in Beta Glass Plc.
Hi: There is significant relationship between motivation and employe
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EVALUATION OF EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN A COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In the ancient days, human activities were relatively easy. The difficulties posed by nature then, were considera...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF GLOBALIZATION ON BANKING OPERATION IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC.)» ABSTRACT The barking industry has witnessed landmark improvements in series delivery and the practice of banking due to globalization of banking opera...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVE BUDGETARY IMPLEMENTATION AS A TOOL FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This long essay seeks to outline the possible means at which the constraining factors can be address to promote effective budgeting that will...Continue Reading »
4. THE EVALUATION OF ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES IN THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF CELEST PLASTIC INDUSTRY, ASABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study According to Olumba (2009) accounting is a service activity. Its function is to provide quantitat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional organisation of 15 West Afri...Continue Reading »
» Abstract In the face of capital deficiency in financing long term development, the capital deficient economies have heavily resorted to foreign capita...Continue Reading »
» SECTION ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study One of the main decisions that need to be considered by firms is how to finance its day to day op...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis research was undertaking to ascertain the role of InternalAuditors in a depressed Economy with particular reference to Banksin Nigeria, t...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF BUDGETING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS: A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING, ENUGU.» ABSTRACT It is now a common knowledge that budgeting plays an invaluable role in our public institutions. However, this administrative tool has hardly...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE MICRO FINANCE BANK)» ABSTRACT Microfinance banks are banks that provide banking or financial services other than services provided by commercial banks targeted at people l...Continue Reading »