Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Government organizations have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especially in the Nigerian economy. The contributions they have made so far cannot be overemphasized because their utmost aims of establishment is to provide some vital or essential services to improve the social and economic well being of the people.
These government organizations are mainly being funded either by the federal or state government through their budgetary allocations made to them yearly and they can also obtain loans or overdraft from commercial bank as well as subvention from government. These funds are expected to be utilized effectively and efficiently. But in most practices they are being misappropriated or embezzled by some government officials.
As a result of this mis-appropriation which has characterized most of the government organizations. Honestly and prudently managed. The audit is expect to
show whether proper principles of accounts and audit ethics have been adhered to and that financial statements prepared give a true and fair view.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In any business Organization in which allocation and application of funds serves as a backbone for financial activities to be carried out the following are problems in which are bund to be encountered.
1. Embezzlement of fund by some government Officials
2. Failure to exercise due professional care and the appropriate level of professional skepticism.
3. Overreliance on inquiry as a form of audit evidence
4. Deficiency in confirming accounts receivable
5. Failure to recognize related party transactions and
assuming internal control exist when they may not. These and other factors contribute to problems of auditing in government organization.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of studying this topic is to examine the importance, problems and prospects of auditing in government institution.
§ To ascertain the problems encountered while auditing in government establishment.
§ To know if auditors exhibit enough professional competence in conduct of their work.
§ To know how effective auditing is in government establishment
1.4 Research Questions
This research work seeks to ask the following questions among others, deduced from the purpose of the study.
§ Are auditors being threatened or intimidated during their audit work.
§ Are auditors being faced with some problems during their audit work.
§ Are vital documents needed for the audit of the organization being held from the auditors
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Based on the purpose, and research questions the following hypothesis are put forward.
Ho Financial reports submitted are not in consonance with
the transactions carried out by the government
HI Financial report submitted are in consonance with the
transactions carried out by the government
Ho Treats and intimidation do not positively affect the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTLucidly written and properly organized, this term paper/project work “THE EFFECT OF CORPORATE TAX ON THE PROFITABILITY OF BUSINESS ORGANISAT...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 256 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. COST VOLUME PROFIT ANALYSIS FOR PROFIT PLANNING IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A Case Study Of Obika Industry Nigeria Limited Nkpologwu Anambra State)» ABSTRACT This is set out to determine the application of cost volume profit analysis in business decision making the constraints experienced as well a...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 263 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT External auditors have been identified by researchers to have an immeasurable role in enhancing the earnings quality of companies. However an...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 209 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The issue of proper documentation of financial record which is the major responsibility of the ac...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 196 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. ADOPTION OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: A STUDY OF FIVE LISTED BANKS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The global practice of accounting is guided by sets of rules and regulations which are compilated...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 218 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. EFFECTIVENESS OF PRICING POLICY AND PROFIT PLANNING IN NIGERIAN ORGANIZATIONS: A PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL OF SOME SELECTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY In modern economies, prices are generally expressed in units of some form of currency. Although,...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 512 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval iv Dedication v Acknowledgment vi Table of content vii Abstract x CHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
43 pages | 410 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER 1 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The business of banking focuses mainly on acceptance of deposits from members of the public (i....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 275 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before now, business Success was built on the ability to move goods and services with speed and a...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 170 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years the budgeting system has been a traditional way of managing and controlling compan...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 371 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING