Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Each person like every business requires some measures of both financial position and financial performance in assessing his financial conditions. The financial position depicts one’s wealth at ascertain point in time while one’s financial performance describes once.
Financial statements according to Illoumezie (2006:33) are like compasses “which navigators use to locate their bearing and find direction”. People use them to gauge their financial positions at various points in their lives in order to judge their progress towards their financial goals.
Financial statements according to meigs and meigs (1981:28) refers to reports which summarize the financial position and operating results of a business (balance sheet and income statements). It referred to as genera purpose that satisfy the need of many groups generally called stakeholders. These groups are particularly concerned with the risk inherent in and returns provided by their investments, and who require accounting information to enable their assess the ability whether they should buy, hold and sell their investments.
According to Anayaogu (2002:14) financial accounting provides information to eternal decision makes such as shareholders government, creditors, employees etc, these are people with whom or from whom money is ultimately paid or received. Anayaogu (2002:20) also states that records of
financial accounting includes various ledges accounts, profits and loss accounts, balance sheet and other financial records. These records are intended to show the strength, progress, portability, management effectiveness and stewardship.
Financial statement are the means of communicating to interested partners information or the resource, obligation and performance of the reporting enterprise in a simple, clear and understandable form to all its user with such attributer of relevance to decision reliability, consistency and comparability materiality efficiency and understandability.
According to information provides continuity in history as quality in monetary terms of economic activities resources and obligations of a business enterprises as well as the various activity that cause a change in the level of these resources and obligation. It is also serves as parameter for evaluating the performance of a business enterprise and as a measuring tool to both the management and decision markers and possible sale of shares by shareholder when actual results deviate from the target objectives. The importance attached to accounting information cannot only be related to management and the government but it also cuts across the cars of the various categories of creditors, employee, and other water cooperate bodies and potentials investors as well.
The annual report and accounts are said to be published owing to the fact. It is being printed and dispatched to each shareholder and any other unfrosted where person on request. The annual reports and accounts are the primary means of communicating vital economic information in the cooperation’s
resources and obligation to absentee owners and could be investor by the management. The published financial statement serve as a means of conveying business information to the equity investor groups (shareholders), the loans creditors group, the employee groups, the business contract group, the government and its agencies as well as the general public. It gives a concise and genuine picture of an enterprise profitability trend and its financial position. The information contained in the published financial statement act as a basis for which shareholder maker investment decisions.
However, the account days of pre-colonial administration, the preparation and publication of financial reports used by owner managers for internal control and cost determination. This inter became. Inadequate role to increase completely of business organization. At the onset of industrial revolution, trade begins to increase and expand. This necessitated employing managers to manage the business on behalf of the shareholders. Managers positions now necessitated companies to prepare and publish a financial report that would reveal to the owners (shareholders) the operational state and financial position of the company and how the capital contributed by the shareholder had been utilized in the realization of the set out objectives of the company.
The company Act 1963 outline that every registered business organization should maintain and submit audited financial statements every year during the annual general meeting (agm) where. It is laid to the members. This is in consonance with the provision of schedule two of the companies and allied
matter decree of 1990 which states internally that the form and contents of published financial statements and with the accounting standard issued from time to time by the Nigeria Accounting Standard Board (NASB).
Meigs & Meigs (1981: 14) states that the preparation of financial statement is not the first step in the accounting financial statement is not the first step in accounting process. At the close of financial period, the stakeholders such as investors of a company naturally desires to ascertain the following:
(a) The result of the company’s operations for the period.
(b) The resources and hostilities of the company over the period in question.
(c) Wealth created by the company and how it has been distributed.
(d) Financial resources acquired and how they have been a expanded.
Thus, published financial statement prepared under companies and allied
matter decree (CAMA) 1990 supplies information about the above. As a matter of fact, shareholders of any corporation would require annual corporate report published about the entity and which must be relevant, sufficient and reliable.
The corporate report published in 1994 by a working paper setup by Accounting Standard Committee (ASC) to be reexamined the scope and aims of published financial reports identified seven user groups to include:
1) The equity – investors group
2) The analysis – advisory group
3) The employee group
4) The creditors
5) The business contact group
6) The government and its agential
7) The public
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Government is saddled with the responsibility of being accountable to its citizenry through effective and efficient service delivery. In orde...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract This study sought to establish the relevance of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) to small scale enterprises in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANK IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study sought to determine the effect of internal control system on financial performance of deposit money banks in Nigeria. To achieve th...Continue Reading »
4. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF PENSION ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The pension and gratuity which are normally goes to retired employee have been in practice in...Continue Reading »
5. EXTENT OF THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF HOME HOME ECONOMICS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term Home economics means home training or skill training. It takes one on welfare of himself...Continue Reading »
6. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SECOND...» ABSTRACT It is disheartening to say that until recently, Introductory Technology Education was not paid attention to by the introducers and the acquir...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF STOCK CONTROL PROFIT MAXIMISATION IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY LIMITED, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Stock is frozen cash and as such should be given the same if not more priority than liquid cash. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study An efficient financial system is essential for building a sustained economic growth and an open vibra...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aimed to critically examine the effects of fair value measurement and performance of manufacturing companies in Nigeria. However, ...Continue Reading »
» Definition of AuditAudit has been defined in various ways but with little variations. According to Benin (2001) in his dictionary of management, Vol. ...Continue Reading »