Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 88 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Government organization have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especially in the Nigerian economy. The contributions they have made so far cannot be overemphasized because their utmost aims of establishment is to provide some vital or essential services to improve the social and economic well being of the people.
These government organizations are mainly being funded either by the federal or state government through their budgetary allocations made to them yearly and they can also obtain loans or overdraft from commercial bank as well as subvention from government. These funds are expected to be utilized effectively and efficiently. But in most practices they are being misappropriated or embezzled by some government officials.
As a result of this mis-appropriation which has characterized most of the government organizations. Honestly and prudently managed. The audit is expect to
show whether proper principles of accounts and audit ethics have been adhered to and that financial statements prepared give a true and fair view.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In any business Organization in which allocation and application of funds serves as a backbone for financial activities to be carried out the following are problems in which are bund to be encountered.
1. Embezzlement of fund by some government Officials
2. Failure to exercise due professional care and the appropriate level of professional skepticism.
3. Overreliance on inquiry as a form of audit evidence
4. Deficiency in confirming accounts receivable
5. Failure to recognize related party transactions and
assuming internal control exist when they may not. These and other factors contribute to problems of auditing in government organization.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of studying this topic is to examine the importance, problems and prospects of auditing in government institution.
§ To ascertain the problems encountered while auditing in government establishment.
§ To know if auditors exhibit enough professional competence in conduct of their work.
§ To know how effective auditing is in government establishment
1.4 Research Questions
This research work seeks to ask the following questions among others, deduced from the purpose of the study.
§ Are auditors being threatened or intimidated during their audit work.
§ Are auditors being faced with some problems during their audit work.
§ Are vital documents needed for the audit of the organization being held from the auditors
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Based on the purpose, and research questions the following hypothesis are put forward.
Ho Financial reports submitted are not in consonance with
the transactions carried out by the government
HI Financial report submitted are in consonance with the
transactions carried out by the government
Ho Treats and intimidation do not positively affect the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Poultry is by far the largest livestock group and is estimated to be about 14 000 million, consis...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 285 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY For the purpose of fiscal accountability, there is first of all the auditor general whose pos...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 217 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This paper examines the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on the Nigerian manufacturing sector during a twenty five (25) years period (198...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 214 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. THE IMPACT OF FAMILY PLANNING CAMPAIGN ON IBAGWA COUPLES IN IGBO EZE SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE.» ABSTRACT. The study examined the impact of family planning campaign on Ibagwa couples. The study highlighted the factors militating against appreciabl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 178 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Inventory in the form of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods constitutes significant proportion of assets ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 804 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE IMPORTANCE OF COST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES. [A CASE STUDY OF NORTHERN CABLE PROCESSING MANUFACTURING CORPORATION (NACACO)]» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Cost accounting is considered as the managerial planning and control activities furnishing management with the necessary ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 606 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL AUDITORS IN FRAUD CONTROL IN A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is pertinent at this introductory part to note the term auditing I its primitive and rudimenta...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 278 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A business combination takes place when two or more business organization come together to fo...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 312 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. EFFECTS OF SMOKING, FRYING AND FREEZING ON NUTRIENT COMPOSITION, MICROBIAL QUALITY AND SHELF LIFE OF CLARIAS GARIEPINUSBURCHELL, 1822» ABSTRACT This study evaluate the effects of smoking, frying and freezing on the nutrient composition, microbial quality and shelf life of Clariasgarie...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 22 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Internal control system is the strength of every organization, has become of paramount important ...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 424 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING