Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 88 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Government organization have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especially in the Nigerian economy. The contributions they have made so far cannot be overemphasized because their utmost aims of establishment is to provide some vital or essential services to improve the social and economic well being of the people.
These government organizations are mainly being funded either by the federal or state government through their budgetary allocations made to them yearly and they can also obtain loans or overdraft from commercial bank as well as subvention from government. These funds are expected to be utilized effectively and efficiently. But in most practices they are being misappropriated or embezzled by some government officials.
As a result of this mis-appropriation which has characterized most of the government organizations. Honestly and prudently managed. The audit is expect to
show whether proper principles of accounts and audit ethics have been adhered to and that financial statements prepared give a true and fair view.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In any business Organization in which allocation and application of funds serves as a backbone for financial activities to be carried out the following are problems in which are bund to be encountered.
1. Embezzlement of fund by some government Officials
2. Failure to exercise due professional care and the appropriate level of professional skepticism.
3. Overreliance on inquiry as a form of audit evidence
4. Deficiency in confirming accounts receivable
5. Failure to recognize related party transactions and
assuming internal control exist when they may not. These and other factors contribute to problems of auditing in government organization.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of studying this topic is to examine the importance, problems and prospects of auditing in government institution.
§ To ascertain the problems encountered while auditing in government establishment.
§ To know if auditors exhibit enough professional competence in conduct of their work.
§ To know how effective auditing is in government establishment
1.4 Research Questions
This research work seeks to ask the following questions among others, deduced from the purpose of the study.
§ Are auditors being threatened or intimidated during their audit work.
§ Are auditors being faced with some problems during their audit work.
§ Are vital documents needed for the audit of the organization being held from the auditors
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Based on the purpose, and research questions the following hypothesis are put forward.
Ho Financial reports submitted are not in consonance with
the transactions carried out by the government
HI Financial report submitted are in consonance with the
transactions carried out by the government
Ho Treats and intimidation do not positively affect the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract This study sought to establish the relevance of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) to small scale enterprises in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
2. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE CHALLENGES OF IFRS ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION AMONGST SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE OWNERS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ...» ABSTRACT The main purpose of the research an investigation into the challenges of IFRS adoption and implementation amongst small and medium scale ente...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The world class has embraced the phenomenon of sourcing and companies have adopted its principles...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis research was undertaking to ascertain the role of InternalAuditors in a depressed Economy with particular reference to Banksin Nigeria, t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Credit generally denotes loans and advances made either directly or indirectly by a creditor (lender) to a debtor (borrow...Continue Reading »
7. THE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM IN DECISION MAKING (A STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The aim of this research was to assess the relevance of Accounting Information system in Decision making using Ministry of Finance, Akwa Ibom...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES ON LOCAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SAPELE DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION For effective Local Community Development in Nigeria, various Successive governments have embarked on several programme s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTERONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Accounting grew gradually and starts from charge and discharge to double entry book keeping and as...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED STADIUM MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM. (CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE STADIUM ENUGU).» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION The advent of computer Technology has brought relief to repetitive tasks and has helped in the be...Continue Reading »