Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 88 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Government organization have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especially in the Nigerian economy. The contributions they have made so far cannot be overemphasized because their utmost aims of establishment is to provide some vital or essential services to improve the social and economic well being of the people.
These government organizations are mainly being funded either by the federal or state government through their budgetary allocations made to them yearly and they can also obtain loans or overdraft from commercial bank as well as subvention from government. These funds are expected to be utilized effectively and efficiently. But in most practices they are being misappropriated or embezzled by some government officials.
As a result of this mis-appropriation which has characterized most of the government organizations. Honestly and prudently managed. The audit is expect to
show whether proper principles of accounts and audit ethics have been adhered to and that financial statements prepared give a true and fair view.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
In any business Organization in which allocation and application of funds serves as a backbone for financial activities to be carried out the following are problems in which are bund to be encountered.
1. Embezzlement of fund by some government Officials
2. Failure to exercise due professional care and the appropriate level of professional skepticism.
3. Overreliance on inquiry as a form of audit evidence
4. Deficiency in confirming accounts receivable
5. Failure to recognize related party transactions and
assuming internal control exist when they may not. These and other factors contribute to problems of auditing in government organization.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of studying this topic is to examine the importance, problems and prospects of auditing in government institution.
§ To ascertain the problems encountered while auditing in government establishment.
§ To know if auditors exhibit enough professional competence in conduct of their work.
§ To know how effective auditing is in government establishment
1.4 Research Questions
This research work seeks to ask the following questions among others, deduced from the purpose of the study.
§ Are auditors being threatened or intimidated during their audit work.
§ Are auditors being faced with some problems during their audit work.
§ Are vital documents needed for the audit of the organization being held from the auditors
1.5 Research Hypothesis
Based on the purpose, and research questions the following hypothesis are put forward.
Ho Financial reports submitted are not in consonance with
the transactions carried out by the government
HI Financial report submitted are in consonance with the
transactions carried out by the government
Ho Treats and intimidation do not positively affect the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This research work is aimed at ascertaining the various role played by the accountant in the privatization and commercialization of pubic ent...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 193 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. CASH BUDGETING AND THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A STUDY OF SELECTED SMEs IN UYO METROPOLIS, AKWA IBOM STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The growth and profitability of business organisations are hinged on the efficient and effective ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 418 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Transport is very important necessity of life, people have to travel or move from place to place, city to city and countr...Continue Reading »
38 pages | 133 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION METHODS ON FINANCIAL REPORT STATEMENT IN SOME MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted on with special reference to the impact inventoryvaluation methods has on financial report statements of man...Continue Reading »
190 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the effect of cash conversion cycle on profitability in MTN and Globacom. To achieve this objective, three research...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 240 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The major problems is the inability of organizations to plan and accomplish goals which can be traced to their inability to apply controls an...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 119 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This research work “Computerized Audit System: Issues, Problems and Prospects” (A Case Study of Akintola Williams Deloitte Abuja)...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 212 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE IMPACT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (2006) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 717 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: The process of managing a business or an organization consists of the basic elements of planning, control and decision makin...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 435 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS OF SALES OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA (1988-2011) (A CASE STUDY OF SALES OF FUEL AT BALEWA FUEL SATION, OSHOGBO, SATE OF O...» ABSTRACT This project is based on time series analysis of yearly sales of petroleum at Balewa fuel station Nigeria limited, Oshogbo, Osun State from 1...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 329 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING