Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SUBJECT OF STUDY
It is generally agreed that finance is the main stay of any economy, be it public or private sector. It is equally true that no meaningful development could be achieved without finance and proper management, as a result of this, many organizations establishes difference systems of control or ensure smooth running of their business of which internal auditing is an integral part.
Basically, internal auditing ensures that all activities of the organization are carried out by employees according to laid down procedures.
The introduction of new technologies e.g. the invention of computerized audit system which posed challenges to the internal audit staff and their work, the update of their knowledge to meet with these challenges in the face of manipulation of these to perpetrate fraud is desirable. Moreso, the requirement of new auditing standards will make the staff of internal audit to update their knowledge and adjust to the current practice.
Auditing as a key factor in controlling every kind of organization with financial and economic aspect serves as a sort of checks and balances in the financial and administrative procedure of any organizational setup. Apart from explaining the concept of auditing and it’s operations, emphasized is laid on the problem areas in the account of governance, accounts maintained by the government and procedures involved in auditing government accounts.
The need for maintaining and adequate, effective and efficient internal audit system, therefore cannot be over emphasized especially in days like these when Nigeria economy is with effort in ensuring that wastage, pilferage, misappropriation and checked or avoided and to ensure that asset are being secured.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
i. often management of public sector and internal audit department function are seen as contradictory rather then complementary.
ii. Internal audit department which is set up to ensure adherence to management policy may not achieve their main objective because of interference and undue influence by top management.
- That the internal audit adequately equipped with.
- That better and well-trained professional should be employed for efficiency and effectiveness.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
i. To identify the problems in internal audit department of public sectors.
ii. Finding ways of improving on the internal audit of public sector.
- To explain the meaning and significance of internal audit as an aid to public sector.
- Assist other researcher to obtain useful information that will serve as input for further research work.
1.4 RESEARCH OF HYPOTHESIS
Considering the problem definition of this study and it’s objectives. The following hypothesis are developed to be tested in this project.
Hi: Internal audit is of importance to aid management of public sector performances.
Ho: Internal audit is not importance to aid management of public sector performances.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions are used as a guide to collect information.
- How is the account of state ministry being audited?
- What are the procedures involved in caring out audit of the state ministry?
- What are the problems being encountered by the auditors in auditory state ministry?
- Is there any laws binding the auditing of account of the state ministry?
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to enable the researcher to know:
- If internal audit within an organization is effective for internal control system.
- Whether internal audit in public sector organization complies with sector management policies, law and regulation.
- If internal audit in public sector organization will help to defect minimization fraud in an organization (State Ministry).
- Some procedures, techniques add principles involve in auditor government parastatals.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
In the course of writing this project, there are some technical terms used that needs to be understood very well before a project can have a good meaning to the reader, these terms include the followings:
AUDIT: Is the independent examination of the financial statement of an enterprise and the expression of an opinion of such financial statement by an appointed auditors as to whether it shows true and fair view of the state of affairs of the enterprises in accordance with the terms of his agreement, the observation of statutory regulation and professional requirement.
AUDIT REPORT: Generally refers to any written report by an auditor in accordance with the term of his appointment. It is an medium through which are auditor expresses his opinion.
INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM: A system within an organization designed to provide reasonable checks regarding the achievement of the organizational objective.
IRREGULARITY: Is the intentional distortion of financial records and report for what ever purpose.
FRAUD: The use of deception to obtain an unjust or illegal financial advantage.
ERROR: Unintentional misstatement in or omissions of amounts or disclosures from an entity’s accounting records or financial statements.
ILLEGAL ACTS: Refers to any act that is contrary to law.
PUBLIC SECTOR: Is all organization, which are established, being operated and controlled by the government on behalf of the public.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT External auditors conduct an independent examination of a firm‟s financial statements, records and supporting documents and give opinion ab...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN STIMULATING THE BANKING HABIT OF RURAL DWELLERS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL TRUST MICRO FINANCE BANK, IJU-I...» ABSTRACT Microfinance banks are banks that provide banking or financial services other than services provided by commercial banks targeted at people l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Record keeping in business has been an old practice right from time. It helps businessmen and own...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined external reserve and balance of payments problem in Nigeria between 1995 and 2014. Obviously speaking, the Nigerian exter...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research examines Financial Management and Survival of Cooperative Societies in Nigeria with special reference to Yaba College of Techno...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Nigeria is a multi ethnic nation with cultural differences between its component ethnic groups. From the north to the coast, the range in typ...Continue Reading »
7. THE RELEVANCE OF AUDIT COMMITTEE FUNCTIONS ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN NIGERIA: USERS PERCEPTION» Abstract This project analyzes the relevance of audit committee functions on the quality of financial statement in Nigeria, the users’ perception. T...Continue Reading »
8. AGRICULTURAL CREDIT UTILIZATION AMONG SMALL-SCALE FARMERS IN BIDA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF NIGER STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.0.1 Agricultural Development in Nigeria Agriculture has been the most important sector of the Nigerian Economy. It empl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Taxation as a major source to Government funding has been chosen as a topic for this research work because of the incessant an inevitable red...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE MICRO FINANCE BANK)» ABSTRACT Microfinance banks are banks that provide banking or financial services other than services provided by commercial banks targeted at people l...Continue Reading »