Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 118 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦10,000
Study was conducted to determine the abundance and distribution of mosquitoes and the prevalence of malaria parasites in Yabo Local Government Area. Mosquito breeding sites identification employed the use of a digital camera to snap pictures of areas where mosquitoes were observed. Mosquitoes eggs, larvae, pupa were collected and identified using the dipping method while indoor mosquitoes were caught from rooms,/toilets between the hours of 8 - 10pm using insecticide spray. A total of 370 blood samples were collected, analyzed using thick/thin films and stained using standard procedures. Twelve different mosquitoes breeding sites were identified. A total of 5,425 adult mosquitoes were caught, out of which 3,546 (65.36 %) were indoors and 1,879 (34.64%) caught outdoors. Statistical analysis conducted indicated significant difference (p< 0.05) between the two collections. Mosquitoes encountered belong to three genera of Anopheles, Culex and Aedes. The most predominant genus was Culex with a total of 5,967 (99.48%) adult mosquitoes, while Anopheles were 28 (0.52%) adult mosquitoes caught. Out of 370 blood samples examined, 118 (31.9%) were positive for malaria. The only plasmodium species encountered was Plasmodium falciparum with Kilgori district having the highest positives 76 (20.5%). Results showed that malaria infection is significantly recorded (P<0.05) in females 87 (23.5%), those aged 1 -9 years 33 (8.9%), and month of August 66 (17.8 %). Considering the medical importance of mosquitoes and malaria, information provided from this study will serve as basis for understanding the implication of mosquitoes nuisance and mounting effective control strategies against the vector and the disease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ZOOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DETERMINATION OF DIETARY CHOICE IN RELATION TO SOME BIOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER (MIEGEN, 1830) IN SAMARU, ZARIA» ABSTRACT Dietary choice in relation to some biological characteristics of Drosophila melanogaster (Miegen, 1830) (Diptera, Drosophilidae) in Samaru Za...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Aquaculture, the farming of aquatic organisms including fish, mulluscs, crustacean and aquatic plant is necessary to meet the...Continue Reading »
3. GASTRO-INTESTINAL PROTOZOANS AND HELMINTHS INFECTING CHILDREN IN DAYCARE CENTRES AND NURSERY SCHOOLS IN SABON-GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ZARIA, KAD...» ABSTRACT Intestinal infections caused by protozoans and helminths are globally endemic and have been described as constituting the greatest worldwide ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work reviews the concepts, measures, and strategies of two step flow of communication which is aimed at examining the impact of ...Continue Reading »
5. ANALYSIS OF THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES OF FEED COMPOUNDED FROM LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR FISH FARM AS A CASE STUDY)» ABSTRACT This project details the results of a research work carried out to develop fish feed compounded from locally available materials in the insti...Continue Reading »