Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Organization’s success not only depends on what organizations currently providing but also depends on how the organizations can make change to improve whatever they are providing from the marketing standpoint, the socio-economic justification for the existence of any business organization is the satisfaction of customers’ needs and wants. The organizational survival over-time depends on its ability to create loyal customers because its products match the needs of the buyers. Thus, the organization meets its basic responsibility to the society through its product offerings. Planning is a continuous process which involves decisions or choices, about alternative ways of using available resources with the aim of achieving a particular product at some time in the future, Silver E. A., Pyke D. F., Peterson R., (2008)
For a firm to compete effectively in the dynamic and competitive business environment and achieve set goals in terms of profitability, high sales volume, and large market share, it must continuously develop products and product lines to satisfy the constantly changing desires and needs of customers (Grundiche, 2004:168). These Organizational adjustments in response to new customer preferences even make it necessary to modify existing products, introduce new ones or eliminate products that are unsuccessful. Product development is a broad field of endeavour dealing with design, creation and marketing of new product, (Yanelle, 2005:92).
It encompasses product planning as well the technical activities of product research, engineering design, etc to take advantage of potential opportunities facing a company’s product idea in a market. Product development is very critical to organizational performance because the product is the cornerstone of the firm’s marketing mix: every other element rests on the product. Product is not used to mean only tangible ‘things’, but includes services (the intangibles) as well as things that can be touched and seen and tasted.
This explains why Kotler (1994:434) sees it as a bundle of physical, service, and symbolic particulars expected to yield satisfaction or benefits to the buyer. It enables managers to evaluate whether organizational objectives have been achieved, and is further used to develop and compensate managers. It helps managers monitor whether the company is moving in the direction they want it to go (Teeratansirikool.L, Siengthai. S, Badir.Y, 2013). The Telecommunication industry is considered to be one of the largest and most powerful industries in the global market, vis-à-vis technological advancement, with its operations covering every corner of the globe and with the world heavily dependent on communication. Today, activities in the telecommunication industry are composed of various procedures including service provision, sales of products like Handsets, Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) packs and other communications gadgets. While all this activities requires marketing, achieving efficient and effective marketing strategy by an organization is difficult, as a result of the ambiguity and dynamic of business factors (Brownie and Spender, 2005). Sound and robust marketing commitment on the part of organization and sales-people are important to the survival and growth of the communication companies, considering the subtle, unstable and seemingly hostile business environments in which contemporary business organizations operate (Creveling, 2004).
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The telecommunications industry in Rivers State, as many other countries in the world (Daniel, 2007) has in the recent past been among the most competitive industry of the economy. Organizations from both the private and public sector are increasingly embracing the practice of strategic planning in anticipation that this would translate to improved performance. The most obvious problems of telecommunication firms in Port Harcourt is how to provide effective services to the nation, which has been yearning for an improved telecommunication services for a long period of time. In response to that, the Federal Government provided for the creation of a company that will function purely on commercial basis.
Past and recent research studies have made it clear that there is an increased internal and external uncertainty due to emerging opportunities and threats, lack of the awareness of needs and of the facilities related issues and environment and lack of direction. Many organizations spend most of their time realizing and reacting to unexpected changes and problems instead of anticipating and preparing for them. This is called crisis management. Organizations caught off guard may spend a great deal of time and energy playing catch up. They use up their energy coping with immediate problems with little energy left to anticipate and prepare for the next challenges. This vicious cycle locks many organizations into a reactive posture.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The general purpose is to examine the effect of Product Planning and Organizational Performance of selected telecommunication firms in Port Harcourt while the specific objectives are:
1. To determine the extent to which consumer needs influence organization performance
2 To ascertain extent to which Product design influences organization performance
1.4 Research Questions
From the above specific objectives, the following research questions are formulated:
1. To what extent does Consumer needs affect organization performance?
2 To what extent does Product design affect organization performance?
1.5 Conceptual Framework of Product planning and Organizational Performance
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Oil is a major source of energy in Nigeria and the world in general. Oil being the mainstay of th...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 140 hits | Source: STATISTICS
2. A REGRESSION ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF SMOKING, LEVEL OF EXERCISE, WEIGHT ON MEDICAL COST. (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The increase in the number of people who are ill in the various health establishments has risen ...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 708 hits | Source: STATISTICS
3. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S EXPENDITURE AND REVENUE (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS, KADUNA STATE) FROM THE 2...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Public finance is a field of economics concerned with how government raises money, how that money is spent and the effect...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 147 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT It has been proved that in non linear programming, there are five methods of solving multivariable optimization with constraints. In this pro...Continue Reading »
127 pages | 230 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» Chapter 1 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction In this chapter brief information about background of construction industry and delays were presented. After...Continue Reading »
96 pages | 270 hits | Source: STATISTICS
6. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON MONTHLY SALES OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA FOR 30 YEARS (A CASE STUDY OF NNPC, Osun State)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The sales of petroleum products are the pivot behind the growth of the Nigeria economy. The Niger...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 123 hits | Source: STATISTICS
7. THE DETERMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE WEIGHT AND AGE OF MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA» ABSTRACT The relationship between weight and age of male and female students in Delta State University, Abraka was determined. This study also determi...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 216 hits | Source: STATISTICS
8. THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EXPENDITURES AND INCOME OF NIGERIANS IN RELATION TO POVERTY. (A CASE STUDY OF NSIT-IBOM LGA AKWA-IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Income and expenditures are the foundation of any viable business or economy, as the economy of the nation is a direct replic...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 273 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION University of Uyo Teaching Hospital since its inception in 1994 has received considerable amount of people, for treatment...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 255 hits | Source: STATISTICS
10. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO, ANAMBRA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Sincerely, examination malpractice is a canker worm that has eaten deep into the nations fabrics; it has become a menace...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 217 hits | Source: STATISTICS