Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
The Apapa port is part of the ports operated by the Nigerian Ports Authority which was
established in 1955 to oversee the activities and operations of all Nigerian sea ports. Over the years the ports have witnessed tremendous increase in volume of trade causing heavy congestion as ships queue up waiting to discharge importers‟ cargoes. The study demonstrates the applicability of queuing theory models in addressing the problem of congestion in Nigerian Ports, by dealing with the application of multi-queue multi-server queuing model with infinite capacity, First come-First Served model in tackling the congestion problem at the Apapa port, Lagos, Nigeria. The performance indicators of the existing single-queue multi-server model at the general goods cargo terminal of the Apapa port were computed while the results for the performance indicators of the multi-queue multi-server queuing model were also computed and examined. The results obtained were found to be effective in improving port efficiency as it shows that average number of ships in the system (queue and at berth), average queue length, average waiting time of ships in the queue and in the system are reduced in the proposed model by up to 73%, 93%, 78% and 93% respectively. Consequently the study recommended that the multi-queue multi-server queuing model should be the model of choice to solve the ship congestion problem at the Nigerian Ports. This is more so as its implementation is at very minimal cost which is attractive to the port owners.
1.1 Background of the Study
Queuing theory deals with the study of waiting for services at service point of any kind
(Sztrik, 2012). It is always desirable by all parties to stay on the queue for as short a time as
possible. However, reduction of the waiting time usually requires extra and most times
huge capital outlays. To decide whether or not to use any port by merchants they always
consider the efficiency of the port operations and for port owners (Federal Government of
Nigeria) to invest, it is important to know if their investment reduces the waiting time.
Queuing models are able to analyze such situations. In this study, attention is paid to
application of multiple queues to a multi-server situation to improve on the efficiency of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF FEATURE SELECTION AND DATASET SIZE ON THE ACCURACY OF NAÏVE BAYESIAN CLASSIFIER AND LOGISTICS REGRESSION» ABSTRACT Binary Logistics Regression and Naïve Bayesian classifier are two of the common classification modelling techniques that allow one to pr...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF FERTILITY RATE AND DIFFERENTIALS IN WOMEN WITHIN THE REPRODUCTIVE AGEIN KADUNA STATE» ...Continue Reading »
3. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN KUJE – ABUJA (FCT) FROM 1999 – 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF KUJE POLICE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS,...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The increasing desire of the government and civilization to improve the maintenance of law and order and to engage in cri...Continue Reading »
4. COMPARISM OF THE PENALIZED REGRESSION TECHNIQUES WITH CLASSICAL LEAST SQURES IN MINIMIZING THE EFFECT OF MULTICOLLINEARITY» Abstract A penalized regression techniques which is a variable selectionhas been developed specifically to eliminate the problem of multicollinearity ...Continue Reading »
5. A QUALITY CONTROL ANALYSIS OF CEMENTS IN DANGOTE CEMENT PLC (A CASE STUDY OF IBESE CEMENT PLANT LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The history of cement production in Nigeria can be traced back to 1957. From the onset, about th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION University of Uyo Teaching Hospital since its inception in 1994 has received considerable amount of people, for treatment...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON LOGIT AND PROBIT MODELS IN THE PREDICTION OF BRONCHO-PULMONARY DYSPLASIA STATUS OF INFANTS» ABSTRACT Broncho Pulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) is a form of chronic lung disease that develops in preterm neonates treated with oxygen and positive pressu...Continue Reading »
8. A DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS ON THE METHODS OF ESTIMATING VARIANCE COMPONENTS IN FARM ANIMALS.» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Variance measures the variability or difference from a mean or response. A variance value of 0 indicates that...Continue Reading »
9. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO, ANAMBRA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Sincerely, examination malpractice is a canker worm that has eaten deep into the nations fabrics; it has become a menace...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined critical factors that discriminate between Non performing loans and advances and performing ones in commercial Banks. Non ...Continue Reading »