Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
The Apapa port is part of the ports operated by the Nigerian Ports Authority which was
established in 1955 to oversee the activities and operations of all Nigerian sea ports. Over the years the ports have witnessed tremendous increase in volume of trade causing heavy congestion as ships queue up waiting to discharge importers‟ cargoes. The study demonstrates the applicability of queuing theory models in addressing the problem of congestion in Nigerian Ports, by dealing with the application of multi-queue multi-server queuing model with infinite capacity, First come-First Served model in tackling the congestion problem at the Apapa port, Lagos, Nigeria. The performance indicators of the existing single-queue multi-server model at the general goods cargo terminal of the Apapa port were computed while the results for the performance indicators of the multi-queue multi-server queuing model were also computed and examined. The results obtained were found to be effective in improving port efficiency as it shows that average number of ships in the system (queue and at berth), average queue length, average waiting time of ships in the queue and in the system are reduced in the proposed model by up to 73%, 93%, 78% and 93% respectively. Consequently the study recommended that the multi-queue multi-server queuing model should be the model of choice to solve the ship congestion problem at the Nigerian Ports. This is more so as its implementation is at very minimal cost which is attractive to the port owners.
1.1 Background of the Study
Queuing theory deals with the study of waiting for services at service point of any kind
(Sztrik, 2012). It is always desirable by all parties to stay on the queue for as short a time as
possible. However, reduction of the waiting time usually requires extra and most times
huge capital outlays. To decide whether or not to use any port by merchants they always
consider the efficiency of the port operations and for port owners (Federal Government of
Nigeria) to invest, it is important to know if their investment reduces the waiting time.
Queuing models are able to analyze such situations. In this study, attention is paid to
application of multiple queues to a multi-server situation to improve on the efficiency of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON RAINFALL PATTERN IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY FROM 2002-2014 A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN METEOLOGICAL CENTRE CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Nigeria’s population and economic development are linked to climate sensitive activities i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Nigeria is a middle income, mixed economy and emerging market, with expanding manufacturing, financial, s...Continue Reading »
3. DETERMINANTS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA: AN AUTOREGRESSIVE DISTRIBUTED LAG (ARDL) MODELING APPROACH» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Economically developed countries have been able to reduce their poverty level, strengthen their social and political inst...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examines the analysis of fixed effect non interactive unbalanced data by a method called Intra Factor Design. And to derive this d...Continue Reading »
5. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF ROAD ACCIDENTS IN NIGERIA (FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE 2002-2015)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Road transportation is by far the commonest means of transportation in Nigeria when compared to other means like air, ra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Monetary policy entails the government policies aimed at changing the quantity of money or credit condition. In every eco...Continue Reading »
7. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN KUJE – ABUJA (FCT) FROM 1999 – 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF KUJE POLICE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS,...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The increasing desire of the government and civilization to improve the maintenance of law and order and to engage in cri...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS ON CRUDE OIL PRICES, STOCK PRICES AND INFLATION RATES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study explains the effects of financial crisis on crude oil prices, stock prices and inflation rates in Nigeria and the global markets. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The issue of malnutrition has become a household name among families with children from zero to f...Continue Reading »
10. BAYESIAN ESTIMATIION OF SHAPE PARAMETER OF GENERALIZED INVERSE EXPONENTIAL DISTRIBUTION UNDER THE NON-INFORMATIVE PRIORS» Abstract In this research, the shape parameter of the Generalized Inverse Exponential Distribution (GIED) was estimated using maximum likelihood and B...Continue Reading »