Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District and Sunseed Nigeria Limited was informed by the concern on the negative trends of staff indiscipline and failure to effectively apply disciplinary measures and procedures, particularly in the public organizations which affects staff morale and performance. It was against the foregoing background, that, the study focuses on the comparative (Private & Public) impact assessment of discipline on staff performance and the extent to which ineffectiveness to apply disciplinary measures and procedures leads to increase in the perpetuation of indisciplinary acts, which is a threat to the progress and growth of particularly public organisations. Data for the study were collected from both primary and secondary sources. The primary source comprises the use of questionnaire, interview and observation, while the secondary sources consist of text books, journals, thesis, manuals and other unpublished papers. Descriptive and inferential statistical tools were used for data presentation and analysis. The chi-square (x2) non parametric tool was used for the analysis of data that leads to the testing of the two hypotheses. From the data presented and analyzed, it was revealed among others that, termination and dismissal and other less severe disciplinary measures were low in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District because supervisors derelict from applying disciplinary measures, while it is low in Sunseed Nigeria limited because there is excessive monitoring of staff by their immediate supervisors and the signing in and out of a register, in reporting and leaving work place; also inconsistency in application of disciplinary measures and procedures affects staff morale and performance, particularly in the public sector (Water Board) which by extension manifests into hatred and insubordination. Based on the findings, it was recommended among others that management should make use of discipline as punitive measure particularly as friendly methods and counseling do not suffice in reversing the trend in public organizations; and to that effect, disciplinary procedures should be preceded by advance warning, and the length of time between misconduct and discipline should be short and consistent; finally merit and competency, should not allow to pave way to loyalty and affiliation in the recruitment process in order to get the right caliber for the right job towards higher performance..
1.1 Background to the Study
Organisations whether public or private are established purposely to achieve some
specific pre-determined goals and objectives, and human resources have always been regarded as
the key instruments for the speedy realization of those goals, aiming at the overall promotion of
accelerated socio-economic growth and progress. Also, organisations by nature are purpose built
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF JOB SATISFACTION ON EMPLOYEE’S PERFORMANCE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE (NSCD)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyIn contemporary organizations the yearning forsatisfaction is the most important issue on the part o...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research examined N power programme as a veritable tool for youth empowerment in Nigeria. As the nation is presently experiencing challe...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS IN POVERTY ALLEVIATION IN RURAL COMMUNITIES: THE CASE STUDY OF AWKA SOUTH LOCAL GOVEERNMENT AREA IN ANAMBRA STATE,NIG...» ABSTRACT The study assessed the role of female entrepreneurs in poverty alleviation in rural communities of Awka South Local Government Area of Anambr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Motivation on bank employee was established by the organization (bank) with the aim to reset the healthy co...Continue Reading »
5. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECTS OF EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR: HOW DOES ICT INTERVENE» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Performance management system is a continuous process of improving individuals, team and organiz...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is an attempt to find out some basic facts about people’s attitudes toward implication of inflation on the Nigeria e...Continue Reading »
7. MANAGING HIV\AIDS STIGMA IN THE WORKPLACE; CASE STUDY OF THE EASTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study According to UNAIDS Report (2004), almost five million people became newly infected with HIV in 2003,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The construction industry is an established industry: the sector regarded as a catalyst for growt...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION IN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREA IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN...» ABSTRACT In this research work, the researcher intended to have a general discussion with local government as my background. But lack of space may not...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The availability of a competent and effective labour force does not just happen by chance but through an articulate recruitment and selection...Continue Reading »