Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District and Sunseed Nigeria Limited was informed by the concern on the negative trends of staff indiscipline and failure to effectively apply disciplinary measures and procedures, particularly in the public organizations which affects staff morale and performance. It was against the foregoing background, that, the study focuses on the comparative (Private & Public) impact assessment of discipline on staff performance and the extent to which ineffectiveness to apply disciplinary measures and procedures leads to increase in the perpetuation of indisciplinary acts, which is a threat to the progress and growth of particularly public organisations. Data for the study were collected from both primary and secondary sources. The primary source comprises the use of questionnaire, interview and observation, while the secondary sources consist of text books, journals, thesis, manuals and other unpublished papers. Descriptive and inferential statistical tools were used for data presentation and analysis. The chi-square (x2) non parametric tool was used for the analysis of data that leads to the testing of the two hypotheses. From the data presented and analyzed, it was revealed among others that, termination and dismissal and other less severe disciplinary measures were low in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District because supervisors derelict from applying disciplinary measures, while it is low in Sunseed Nigeria limited because there is excessive monitoring of staff by their immediate supervisors and the signing in and out of a register, in reporting and leaving work place; also inconsistency in application of disciplinary measures and procedures affects staff morale and performance, particularly in the public sector (Water Board) which by extension manifests into hatred and insubordination. Based on the findings, it was recommended among others that management should make use of discipline as punitive measure particularly as friendly methods and counseling do not suffice in reversing the trend in public organizations; and to that effect, disciplinary procedures should be preceded by advance warning, and the length of time between misconduct and discipline should be short and consistent; finally merit and competency, should not allow to pave way to loyalty and affiliation in the recruitment process in order to get the right caliber for the right job towards higher performance..
1.1 Background to the Study
Organisations whether public or private are established purposely to achieve some
specific pre-determined goals and objectives, and human resources have always been regarded as
the key instruments for the speedy realization of those goals, aiming at the overall promotion of
accelerated socio-economic growth and progress. Also, organisations by nature are purpose built
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF KUDAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE)» ABSTRACT This project entitled the role of Local Government in National Development with Kudan Local Government of Kaduna State as a Case Study. The r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blast in most region of the country...Continue Reading »
3. CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME AND ITS IMPACT ON RETIREES IN SELECTED PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The contributory pension scheme was introduced to resolve pension issues such as delay in monthly pension payment, and incapacity of some ret...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The concept of public expenditure is a major area in public finance which is of crucial importanc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is an attempt to find out some basic facts about people’s attitudes toward implication of inflation on the Nigeria e...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF REVENUE MOBILIZATION, ALLOCATION AND FISCAL COMMISSION, ABUJA)» ABSTRACT Human resource (people) plays a vital role in contributing to the success of any organization. In fact, without human resource development, a...Continue Reading »
7. EXAMINATION OF THE EFFECT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATION PRACTICE ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR» CHAPTER TWO LITERATURE REVIEW 2.1 HISTORICAL OVERVIEW By the 20th century in Nigeria, the system of production was purely traditional and payment for ...Continue Reading »
8. THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria, youth activities date back to the pre colonial era within youth, in spite of their li...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Despite various training courses attended by staff of Kogi State Judiciary, there has been low morale and no job satisfaction. The major obje...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF HEALTH EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT-ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In developed and developing countries there are wide range of taxes and levies that affect indivi...Continue Reading »