Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District and Sunseed Nigeria Limited was informed by the concern on the negative trends of staff indiscipline and failure to effectively apply disciplinary measures and procedures, particularly in the public organizations which affects staff morale and performance. It was against the foregoing background, that, the study focuses on the comparative (Private & Public) impact assessment of discipline on staff performance and the extent to which ineffectiveness to apply disciplinary measures and procedures leads to increase in the perpetuation of indisciplinary acts, which is a threat to the progress and growth of particularly public organisations. Data for the study were collected from both primary and secondary sources. The primary source comprises the use of questionnaire, interview and observation, while the secondary sources consist of text books, journals, thesis, manuals and other unpublished papers. Descriptive and inferential statistical tools were used for data presentation and analysis. The chi-square (x2) non parametric tool was used for the analysis of data that leads to the testing of the two hypotheses. From the data presented and analyzed, it was revealed among others that, termination and dismissal and other less severe disciplinary measures were low in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District because supervisors derelict from applying disciplinary measures, while it is low in Sunseed Nigeria limited because there is excessive monitoring of staff by their immediate supervisors and the signing in and out of a register, in reporting and leaving work place; also inconsistency in application of disciplinary measures and procedures affects staff morale and performance, particularly in the public sector (Water Board) which by extension manifests into hatred and insubordination. Based on the findings, it was recommended among others that management should make use of discipline as punitive measure particularly as friendly methods and counseling do not suffice in reversing the trend in public organizations; and to that effect, disciplinary procedures should be preceded by advance warning, and the length of time between misconduct and discipline should be short and consistent; finally merit and competency, should not allow to pave way to loyalty and affiliation in the recruitment process in order to get the right caliber for the right job towards higher performance..
1.1 Background to the Study
Organisations whether public or private are established purposely to achieve some
specific pre-determined goals and objectives, and human resources have always been regarded as
the key instruments for the speedy realization of those goals, aiming at the overall promotion of
accelerated socio-economic growth and progress. Also, organisations by nature are purpose built
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. REVENUE GENERATION, UTILIZATION AND GRASSROOTS TRANSFORMATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT Revenue generation in the public sector is very important because of demand for economic development. This study examined Revenue Generation,...Continue Reading »
2. STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE IN AN ORGANIZATION DESPITE THE SO CALLED INTRODUCTION OF MODERN TECHNOLOGIES IN CARRYING OUT VARIOUS ACTIVITIES...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Human Resource Management (HRM or simply HR) is the management of an organization’s workforce or human r...Continue Reading »
3. MANAGEMENT OF INDUSTRIAL CONFLICT IN NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS (A STUDY OF INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU» ABSTRACT The broad objective of this work is to Appraise Industrial conflict in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions with a particular reference to Institut...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Violence in one form or the other is not restricted to a section of human communities. Individuals, groups and even nations experience violen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Government has we all know are the major provider of essential needs to the masses at little or n...Continue Reading »
» abstract this study is on the effects of poor records management in an office organization. the purpose of the study is to find the effect of poor rec...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines the contributions of Ebre women society to Nigeria socio political development. It gives the detrimental effects which th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Qualitative, independent media reporting on corruption can play an important role in pressuring the government t...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE VIABILITY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC) IN COMBINING CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA: IMPLICATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT» ABSTRACT Despite the pervasive corruption in Nigeria, which led to the underdevelopment of its institutions and economy. There still some impediments ...Continue Reading »
10. EXAMINATION OF THE EFFECT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATION PRACTICE ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR» CHAPTER TWO LITERATURE REVIEW 2.1 HISTORICAL OVERVIEW By the 20th century in Nigeria, the system of production was purely traditional and payment for ...Continue Reading »