Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 112 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study entitled “Impact Assessment of Disciplinary measures on staff performance in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District and Sunseed Nigeria Limited was informed by the concern on the negative trends of staff indiscipline and failure to effectively apply disciplinary measures and procedures, particularly in the public organizations which affects staff morale and performance. It was against the foregoing background, that, the study focuses on the comparative (Private & Public) impact assessment of discipline on staff performance and the extent to which ineffectiveness to apply disciplinary measures and procedures leads to increase in the perpetuation of indisciplinary acts, which is a threat to the progress and growth of particularly public organisations. Data for the study were collected from both primary and secondary sources. The primary source comprises the use of questionnaire, interview and observation, while the secondary sources consist of text books, journals, thesis, manuals and other unpublished papers. Descriptive and inferential statistical tools were used for data presentation and analysis. The chi-square (x2) non parametric tool was used for the analysis of data that leads to the testing of the two hypotheses. From the data presented and analyzed, it was revealed among others that, termination and dismissal and other less severe disciplinary measures were low in Kaduna State Water Board Zaria, City District because supervisors derelict from applying disciplinary measures, while it is low in Sunseed Nigeria limited because there is excessive monitoring of staff by their immediate supervisors and the signing in and out of a register, in reporting and leaving work place; also inconsistency in application of disciplinary measures and procedures affects staff morale and performance, particularly in the public sector (Water Board) which by extension manifests into hatred and insubordination. Based on the findings, it was recommended among others that management should make use of discipline as punitive measure particularly as friendly methods and counseling do not suffice in reversing the trend in public organizations; and to that effect, disciplinary procedures should be preceded by advance warning, and the length of time between misconduct and discipline should be short and consistent; finally merit and competency, should not allow to pave way to loyalty and affiliation in the recruitment process in order to get the right caliber for the right job towards higher performance..
1.1 Background to the Study
Organisations whether public or private are established purposely to achieve some
specific pre-determined goals and objectives, and human resources have always been regarded as
the key instruments for the speedy realization of those goals, aiming at the overall promotion of
accelerated socio-economic growth and progress. Also, organisations by nature are purpose built
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Prior to 1993, only very little was known of Value Added Tax (VAT) in Nigeria. The idea of VAT s...Continue Reading »
2. “IMPACTS OF TRADE UNIONISM AND COLLECTIVE BARGAINING IN PROMOTING JOB SATISFACTION IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM. A STUDY OF NATIONAL UNION OF LOCA...» Abstract The paper discussed the impact of trade union and collective bargaining in promoting job satisfaction in Abakaliki Local government area of E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Research on the effects of fuel subsidy removal on Nigerian’s standard of living has been on in...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines the contributions of Ebre women society to Nigeria socio political development. It gives the detrimental effects which th...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IN THE PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES (A Case Study of the Bureau of Public Enterpris...» ABSTRACT The world over, the dilemma of growing contrast between public waste and private thrift has encouraged governments to seek solutions to the p...Continue Reading »
6. THE CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS OF AUDITING IN A COMPUTER ENVIRONMENT (A Case Study Of Nigeria Mobile Telecommunication, Limited)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Human being, either young, old, literate and illiterate are all product of their various environment i.e. the environment...Continue Reading »
7. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PLANNING AND ITS CONTROL IN AN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC)» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Higher educational institution especially in Nigeria are known for insufficient allocation of re...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (corporate governance and its impact on the management of an organization) is an extract from literature review of the proje...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The press sensationalizes crime stories, over reports violent crime stories like homicide, assault, etc. in comparison to non violent stories...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background As a corporate body, the military is the easiest tool employed by political leaders to achieve the success tha...Continue Reading »