Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Drugs has over the years been a major source of concern to the government and well meaning citizen of this country. Drugs abuse is believed to have serious adverse effect on the addicts most especially the youth in our society. This project is a study of the psychological and economic effect of drug abuse among the youths Kaduna South Local Government Area, Kaduna State.
Relevance and scope of the study was stated and research problem formulated literature review was extensively done highlight drug dependence. Drug abuse and effect of drug abuse on social and economic life of the youth in Kaduna south local government area. Population of study, sampling technique, procedure for data collection and methods of data analysis was expressed. The research finding was presented in a tabulated form and interpreted. A summary of the research finding was given and recommendation for further study was suggested.
It is hoped that the investigation will go a long way in reducing the incidence of drug abuse among youths in Kaduna south local government area Kaduna state.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Content - - - - - - - - - - Page
Title page - - - - - - - - - - i
Approval page - - - - - - - - - ii
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - iii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - iv
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - v-vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vii
Table of content - - - - - - - - - viii
1.1 General Introduction - - - - - - - -
1.2 Relevance of the study - - - - - - - -
1.3 Scope of the study - - - - - - - - -
1.4 The limitation of the study - - - - - - -
2.0 Review of the Literature - - - - - - - -
2.1 What then is Drug Dependence - - - - - - -
2.2 Drug Abuse - - - - - - - - - -
2.3 Effect on Drug Abuse on Social and Economic Life of Youth - -
2.4 Definition of the terms - - - - - - - -
3.0 Research Methodology - - - - - - - -
3.1 Research Design - - - - - - - - -
3.2 Population and Sample of the Study - - - - - - -
3.3 Sampling Technique - - - - - - - -
3.4 Instrument for Data Collection - - - - - - -
3.5 Validation of Instrument - - - - - - - -
3.6 Procedure for Data Collection - - - - - - -
3.7 Methods of Data analysis - - - - - - - -
3.8 Research Area - - - - - - - - -
4.0 Presentation and interpretation of findings - - - - - -
4.1 Interpretation of findings - - - - - - -
5.0 Summary / Conclusion - - - - - - - -
5.1 Recommendation / Suggestion - - - - - - -
Appendix I Bibliography
Appendix II Letter to Respondent
Appendix III Questionnaire
1.1 Background of the study
Akinyili (2012) stated that a drug is any chemical that change a person normal body process or function based on natural commission of drug abused. A drug may be used as an aid to healing when one is ill or it may be used to attend to ones need. they are capable of altering personal behavior by affecting consciousness or emotions
Drug Abuse has been define as a periodic or chronic intoxication detrimental to individual and to the society produced by the extensive consumption of drug (Natural or synthetic). it is characterized by the following behaviors
a. An over powering desires or need ( compulsory) to continuing taking the drug and to obtain it by all means.
b. A tendency to increase the dose
c. A psyche (Psychological) and sometimes physical determination upon the effect of drug.
The drug abusers basically are people who find the effects of the drug to be a solution to their problems. As in case of Marijuana (India hemp), the drug become so essential to the user such that they cannot faces reality without it (Rikiji 200)
Drug abuse is regarded as responses made by individual to a belief he basically consider as problem solving. The used of drug is socially acceptable and the majority of people therefore take it and approve it. Although the individuals who takes or who indulges in excessive drug taking may sometimes be regarded with its disfavor.
However, he is often treated with certain tolerance amusement and his instinct will usually cause him to become an outcast from his group of friends and acquaintances. In any society, at any given time, the rest of the society as deviance will look upon people whose usage of drug is different from the social patterns. They will be treated differently, because the drug addict takes perception of seeing himself as being differently. . He will then seek the company of other like himself with whom he can be identify and this way, establishing a sub-culture, which is somehow different form the society in general.
The increase of drug abuse in kaduna local government area, particularly the youth is a matter of great concern because drug abuse are spreading widely and rapidly; their effects on others constitutes a vey major threats both psychological and economically. The society is not very much aware of the growing amount of illict dealing in dangerous drug and its associate danger or devastating effects. It is in the light of harmful effect of this indiserminate and consumption of drug that this study is therefore carried out to investigate the general effect of drug abuse among the youth in Kaduna local government area in Kaduna state.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
One of most pressing social problem today in Nigeria is the involvement that of youth in drug abuse which has become a general topic for the dissuasion everywhere in the county
The importance of this study is to identify the major effect of drug abuse among the youth in Kaduna local government area Kaduna state, which is summarized as follows:
· To help the increase of psychiatric problem due to the abuse of drug
· To help reduce high rate of crime amongst the youth
· To discourage high rate drug trafficking
· To make the youth aware of the effect of hard drugs
· To enable state and local authorities to educate youths on drug abuse
· To treat them to be useful to the society
Another importance of this study is to reduce the high rate of broken homes because drugs abuse is associated with an attempt to dis-own the value and attitudes of elders to general, and the desire to become independent.
It will also educate those that are involved in the vulnerability of this habit; it is therefore to serves as a contribution to the social disciplines, and costly sources of information from where policies shall be made to tackle problems and issues on drug abuse through out the country and serves as a reference material for those who wish to carry out other research on this topic in the future.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Drug abuse is the taking of substance either oral, body to provide relief or cause the composition of the body chemistry to change. Drug are usually abused for one region or the other. Drug abuse is a big problems to youth and the abuser in major negative ways: ranging form psychosis, depression sickness and other negative effect. Drug abuse also lead to economic and social problems. It destroys home and can cause poverty. It is tot this reason find out the psychological economic effect or drug abuse in Kaduna state local government area, Kaduna state.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to among thing tird out;
· Problem of drug abuse in kaduna south local government area, kaduna state
· who abuse drugs in the local government area
· types of drugs abused
· psychological economic and social effect of drugs abuse in kaduana south local government, Kaduna state
· To advice on the how to reduce drug abuse to the barest minimum in the local government area
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
In order to guide the research, the following research question will be formulated;
· Why the youth abuse drugs in kaduna south local government area, kaduna state?
· What type of drugs are abused in kaduna south local government area?
· Does drugs abuse have any affect on youth in kaduna south local government area?
· Can drugs abuse be reduced to the barest minimum in the local government area?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PSYCHOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFICACY OF COGNITIVE RESTRUCTURING AND BEHAVIOURAL REHEARSAL ON CONDUCT DISORDER IN ADOLESCENTS IN SPECIAL CORRECTIONAL CENTRES IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT The work efficacy of Cognitive Restructuring and Behavioural Rehearsal on Conduct Disorder in Adolescents in Special Correctional Centres in ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title Page Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgements iv Table of Content vi List of Tables viii Abstract ix CHAPT...Continue Reading »
3. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TEACHER STRESS AND JOB SATISFACTION AMONG ACADEMIC STAFF OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA: IMPLICATIONS FOR COUN...» ABSTRACT This study sought to find out the relationship between teacher stress and job satisfaction among Academic Staff of tertiary institutions in K...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATION INTO ACADEMIC INDISCIPLINE AND FAILURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN BUSINESS EDUCATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study According to Oxford Advanced learners Dictionary (7th editions) failure is lack of success in doing o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The orphanage home is one of the numerous social institution that have emerged over the year to c...Continue Reading »
6. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE FACTORS PREDISPOSING DRUG ABUSE AMONG YOUTH IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT Drug abuse has become a social canker worm that have infested our youths and invaded our senior secondary school students and are rapidly cre...Continue Reading »
7. PERSONALITY TYPE AND EMOTIONAL WELLBEING AS FACTORS INFLUENCING RELATIONSHIP SATISFACTION AMONG HEALTH WORKERS» Table of contents Title Page Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgments iv Table of Content vi List of Tables viii Abstract ix Chapt...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF ORGANIZATIONAL TYPE AND PERCEIVED JOB CHARACTERISTICS ON ORGANIZATIONAL CITIZENSHIP BEHAVIOR OF WORKERS IN A ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The study described the influence of organizational type of perceived job characteristics on organizational citizenship behaviour of workers ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Family is the basic social unit of the society. It is made up of a group of people that reside to...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF GENDER AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS ON ATTITUDES TOWARD CHILD ADOPTION AMONG PEOPLE IN UYO METROPOLIS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgements iv Table of Contents vi List of Tables viii Abstracts ix CH...Continue Reading »