Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study inquires into, and surveys opinion of Nigerians on some of the factors that influence low voters’ participation and apathy in the Nigerian electoral process. This study made use of data elicited from respondents’ of the three Senatorial Districts of Edo State, Nigeria. The exercise was undertaken against the backdrop of common desire of Nigerians for the attainment of credibility in the country’s electoral process, which would facilitate the consolidation of democracy obtained by legitimacy. The subject of discussion has been if the political behaviour and susceptibility of the Nigerian electorates are supportive or otherwise in relation to the identified factors impacting on the credibility of the electoral process in Nigeria.
The stratified random sampling technique was utilized to select the respondents’ or sample of 1,200 Nigerians, from Edo South, Edo North, and Edo Central Senatorial Districts of Edo State. The structured questionnaire and in-depth interview designed to elicit appropriate and adequate responses on voters’ participatory behaviour in the electoral process, were the measurement instruments utilized. The data gathered were analyzed with the aid of simple percentage, and the Chi-Square and Yule’s Q to test and determine the degree of association intrinsic in the stated hypotheses. Evidence from the study’s results reveal that: the married respondents’ were more likely than their counterparts who are single to have the opinion that voter participation in the electoral process is inhibited by electoral violence and insecurity; the respondents’ who fall within the age bracket of 40 years and above were less likely than their counterparts who fall within the age bracket of below 40 years to have the opinion that the electoral process as conducted by the INEC is credible; the respondents’ who are public servants were more likely than their counterparts who fall within the business and other category to have the opinion that political candidates and parties are failing in their duty to fulfill electoral promises to the electorates in Nigeria; the respondents’ with tertiary education were less likely than their counterparts with secondary education/less to have the opinion that the INEC/Political Parties are sufficiently educating the electorates on the electoral process in Nigeria; and the male respondents’ were less likely than their female counterparts to have the opinion that long hours/tedious registration and voting processes hinders voters’ participation in the electoral process in Nigeria. At the end of the study, some policy advice or recommendations were made, these include:
- The need for the INEC to conduct transparent and credible elections, improve voters’ registration process, educate voters’ sufficiently, etc.
- The need for the Political Parties and Politicians to ensure internal party democracy, organizes political rallies well, provide responsible representation, fulfill electoral promise made during the campaign, etc.
- The need for the government to provide support to the INEC, provide adequate protection for voters’, ensure the independence of the INEC, etc.
- The need for the electorates to make the right choice, resist the temptation to sell votes, makes necessary sacrifices for political development and nation building, etc.
Thus, the achievement of credibility, fairness and effective voters’ participation in the electoral process, would require the collaboration of all relevant stakeholders in the Nigeria polity.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRDUCTION Unemployment is a serious macroeconomic problem which poses great danger to the peace, security and even the existence of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTSince the evolution of modern state sovereignty donates the final authority of the state over its population and territory. This authority may...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS (NGOS) IN TACKLING POVERTY IN KANO STATE, NIGERIA: A Case Study of Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFA...» Abstract This study examines the role of non governmental organization in tackling poverty through women economic empowerment with particular referenc...Continue Reading »
4. A CRITICAL STUDY OF SOCIO-CULTURAL PRACTICES HINDERING WOMEN’S POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACTIn this modern age of development, political inequality between men and women has always been an important issue of concern. This is so becaus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The United States (US) relation with the African continent began in 1565 when the first set of slaves l...Continue Reading »
6. THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF INSECURITY ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES IN PLATEAU STATE: A STUDY OF JOS NORTH AND BARKIN LADI LOCAL AREAS FROM 2010- 2...» ABSTRACT The central focus of this study is on the causes and effects of insecurity on the socio economic activities in Plateau State specifically in ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Computer system is well known today as electronic device that accept input ecths in data representation and transform it to meaningful output...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION OF VOTERS ON ELECTORAL PROCESS A STUDY OF LAGOS HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ELECTION» ABSTRACT Elections in Nigeria had often filled the air with apprehension and a high sense of trepidation. Stakes in elections are high. Under the zero...Continue Reading »
9. MANAGEMENT OF EMPLOYEE GRIEVANCES IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC CORPORATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA RAILWAY CORPORATION BAUCHI STATE)» ABSTRACT This research investigation is about the management of employee grievances in the public corporations. However, this project focused on the m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction In recent years, the world has become increasingly aware of the terrorist activities that have been taking place and thei...Continue Reading »