Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 92 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Unemployment is a serious macroeconomic problem which poses great danger to the peace, security and even the existence of this African continent particularly in Nigeria. Because some people are of the views that even the crisis Sect Boko Haram in North East and Niger-delta militant has connection with unemployment. This is because in every negotiation between government and leaders of the militants in the area, the first demand of the militants is provision of jobs to their people. Besides Niger-delta militants there are other similar unemployed youth in western Nigeria called area boys and in the north they are called ‘Yanndaba’ as in Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and Yankalare in Gombe etc. These unemployed youth cause a lot of troubles in this country.
Unemployed people get demoralized and suffer from lose of income and self esteem as period of unemployment get duly prolonged a significantly high rate of unemployment lead to all sort of social vises such as arm robbery social and political instability, drug abuse, human trafficking, drug trafficking, fundamentally political thuggery, etc. this is particularly more terrible in less developed countries where there is no system of social security.
The deterioration of unemployment situation in Nigeria should be a source of worry to every sensible person. Large number of university graduate who have finished their national youth service corps (NYSC) program me, diploma and NCE certificate holders and secondary school leavers who roaming about for jobs pose serious danger to the peace and security this country (Douglas and et al,2006).
High and persistent unemployment has presented a major challenge for the economy in two areas, one such area, it has eroded the funding base and secondly, it has increased the demands on government through the use of welfare programs because of the consequences for poverty and inequality resulting from high unemployment. the effect of unemployment is social costs, these include increasing poverty, personal hardships, depression, decay of unused skills, increase in crime (mostly among the youth) political thuggery as well as family dispute and broken of marriages all of which threats to national security. Unemployed individuals become more and more dissatisfied and resort to riots and demonstrations (Aminu, 2012).
In recent time, the problem of poor infrastructures like electricity supply, roads, water, etc. which are essential in the survival of industries, excessive importation of finished goods similar to the ones produced by local industries, monetization exercise of the federal governments and current global financial and economic crises have caused thousands of people to lose their jobs. Now, the phenomenon of unemployment in Nigeria has been deep and widespread, cutting across all age-groups, educational strata and geo-political zones of these country El-rufa’I, (2012).
Security challenge is any threat or anything that is threat to the national stability ranging from rampant armed robbery, political thuggery, drug abuse, and drug trafficking, tribal and religious crisis, to other effects like prostitution that is women trafficking and duping.
1.2STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
The problem identified by this research is the existence of very large numbers of unemployed graduates from various tertiary institution in Kaduna north local government, whose skills are necessary for the growth and development of the political economy of Nigeria and the observed fact that the problem effects all fields specialization, age, sex, tribe and religion, and it increase without feasible solution as more labor force are produced.
Therefore It is interested in finding out and critically examining the structure, the impact of the problem of unemployment on the political economy of the local government, as well as the security challenges.
This research is therefore interested in finding out and critically examining and answering the following questions:
1. what is the structure or characteristics of unemployed people of Kaduna north local government with special reference to age, sex, educational, qualification, tribe, and religion?.
2. Is there any significant relationship between political thuggery and tribal and religious conflict as security challenges and unemployment in Kaduna north local government? To what extent does it affect the security of the local government?
3. How effective is the effort of the local government with special reference to the national directorate of employment scheme on self employment?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The Objective of the study is to find out:
1. To examine the structure or feature of unemployed people in Kaduna North Local Government with special reference to age, sex, educational qualification, tribe and religion.
2. To necessary the significant relationship between political thuggery or tribal and religion conflict as security challenges as well as unemployment in Kaduna North Local Government.
3. To assess effort of the local government with special references to the national directorate of employment schemes on self employment
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
This research is significant in various ways. It tries to determine the structure, consequence and the relationship between political thuggery and tribal and religious conflict as security challenge and unemployment in Kaduna north local government and suggest solutions. In doing so, I hope that:
Local government authorities and policy makers would be properly educated on the colossal waste as a result of unemployment of high level of man power required through various training, the authorities will know which age brackets among unemployed peoples are most affected and also where tribe or religion is significant, it may assist in answering many questions on issues of marginalization and consequent youth protests. Furthermore, the political elites will realize through the study that insecurity within the system may have been worsened as a result of unemployment, and how budget on security may be reduced and use in reducing unemployment, however, to the ordinary reader, it’s important to make him realize the grave situation of unemployment more especially the student or would be graduate whose mind needs to be prepared for the task ahead. Apart from the fact that he must study hard for good grade, he must ready to be self employed instead of being a job seeker on graduation, thus, on a much general assessment, this study is significant as it will bring to bare the economic and political consequences of failure of the system to utilize graduates to generate economic growth and development.
1.6SCOPE AND LMITATION OF THE STUDY
The geographical area for the research is Kaduna north local government, it includes Doka which is the headquarters of the local government and 12 wards of the local government as follows: Kawo/Rafin-guza, Badarawa/Malali, Unguwar-sarki, Unguwar-rimi, Unguwan-dosa, Gaji Unguwar–shanu/Abakwa, Unguwan-kanawa/Hayin-banki, Shaba, Kabala, and Unguwan-Liman.
Involves the use of survey techniques which normally characterized by limitations from answers by respondents .one major limitation of this study is the paucity of data on relevant literature on the phrase “security challenges”, as a result of this, I decided to use two challenges which are political thuggery and tribal and religious conflict. It’s also difficult to establish the population of unemployed people in Kaduna north local government which cannot be realistically estimated. it’s an area which not much study has been done .there is also the problem of response and how to get the unemployed .though they are in the streets, it cannot just find them in the class room. It may go unconventional by appealing to employers of labor who are conducting interviews of employment to give the questionnaire to the applicants. it’s a costly research as data collection entails both travelling and sponsorship of research assistants.
1.7DEFINATION OF CONCEPTS
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. POLITICAL AND CLASS STRUGGLE IN PAUL TIYAMBE’S SMOULDERING CHARCOAL AND ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Pages Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements vi Table of Contents vii Abstract ix CHAPTE...Continue Reading »
2. THE MUSIC OF FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI, ITS THEMATIC EVOLUTION AND IMPACT AS POLITICAL PROTEST IN CONTEMPORARY AFRICA» ABSTRACT Music constitutes one of the tools of political mobilisation globally. However, the role of music as a tool of political protest has been rel...Continue Reading »
3. POLITICAL PARTY DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: AN OPINION SURVEY OF THE THREE SENATORIAL DISTRICTS OF EDO STATE, NIGERIA (1999 – 2012)» ABSTRACT This study examines, investigates, and surveys opinion of Nigerians on some of the factors that influence party and party system development ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on Aburi accord its implication on the Nigeria civil war. The total population for the study is 200 staff of ministry of defenc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study While the international order among states is quite strong, the world is not peaceful. In the wak...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study or research on women empowerment in Nigerian politics is divided into five (5) chapters. The first chapter is on the topic that de...Continue Reading »
7. THE ARMED FORCES IN PEACE SUPPORT OPERATIONS: PROSPECTS FOR NIGERIAN MILITARY PERSONNEL SECONDMENT FOR UNITED NATIONS JOB» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to compare Nigerian Armed Forces participation in United Nations Operations and its prospects for job secondmen...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the war against terrorism with a focus on Nigerian diplomatic dimension against book haram insurgen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Igbos are traditionally village people, with social system comprising hundreds of small clans...Continue Reading »
10. CRITICAL ASSESSMENT OF NATIONAL YOUTHS SERVICE CORPS TOWARDS ENHANCING NATIONAL INTEGRATION (A CASE STUDY OF ANAMBRA STATE)» ABSTRACT THE PURPOSE OF THIS STUDY WAS TO REVEAL THE CRITICAL ASSESSMENT OF NATIONAL YOUTHS SERVICE CORPS IN NIGERIA. THE INSTRUMENT USED WERE QUESTIO...Continue Reading »