Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 132 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study examines the effects of Buhari’s Loss on 2011 Post-presidential Election Violence. In Nigeria the urge to vote is often influenced by party, ideology, religion or even ethnicity but also personality of the contestant do influences voting especially during 2011 presidential election in the Katsina state. Electorates elect candidate perceived to be honest, Courageous, tested and trusted as well as a man of integrity and action. Unfortunately because of the adulation of a candidate, aggression results in protests, arsons, and even killing, when they alleged that their Candidate was denied victory through unfair and corrupt electoral process instead of taking legal action. This research is an attempt to fill this gap in the study of post-election violence and personality politics. The data was quantitatively and qualitatively generated and analyzed through descriptive Statistics. The research relied on questionnaire and interview to generate data on the subject-matter.Bourdieu’s Habitus-Field theory was adopted as the framework of analysis. Habitus in this context refers to the person’s unreflected habitus way of thinking and acting. It is formed through the accumulated experience of people in different fields. A field is an area of social interactions held together by legitimate rule. Fields organize the relationship between the elements in the field. The theory was propounded by French sociological, Pierre Bourdieu. The central argument of this theory is that social processes is constituted by dialectical relationship between objective systems of positions and subjective bundles of dispositions people perceived him as tested, trusted, courageous and Man of integrity and action. The study found that Buhari’s loss contributed to 2011 Post-Presidential election violence in Katsina State. Good governance, Justice and people should avoid taking law in their hands could curtail future occurrence of post-election violence were among the recommendations offered.
Keyword: Buhari, Democracy, Election, Loss, Violence.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Election is central in any democratic practices because it gives an avenue for peaceful change of
government but spectre of post elections violence is a regular feature of elections in most of the
emerging democracies. In Nigerian context, the most potent threat to election is violence.
Elections which are supposed to be a process where a society decides its leaders have now
become a major problem for Nigerians. The history of elections in this country has consistently
taken the form of violence. If one look at the 1923 elections up to 2011 elections, one will
discover that we have always had electoral violence. What changes overtime are the
ramifications and intensity of this violence. This is threatening the corporate existence of the
country as one indivisible entity.
The 2011 post presidential election violence was outstanding in terms of its magnitude and
severity. It has been argued that no election in this country has exposed our weaknesses as a
nation as much as this one (Hakeem, 2011). It surrenders our perseverance and pride of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DEMOCRACY AND REGIONAL SECURITY IN AFRICA: A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE (2011-2014)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study It has always been the view of social and political scientists that the concentration of power on...Continue Reading »
2. ELECTORAL PROCESSES AND NATIONAL SECURITY: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF 2011 AND 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT This paper examined electoral processes and security challenges in Nigeria with specific reference to the 2011 and 2015 presidential election...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Nigerian state assumed a new governance status in 1999 following the demise of authoritarian regi...Continue Reading »
4. ELECTION MALPRACTICE AND DEMOCRATIZATION IN NIGERIA’S FOURTH REPUBLIC: A CASE STUDY OF 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The conduct of free and fair elections has become the yardstick for measuring the strength and credibility of a country’s democracy. The ab...Continue Reading »
5. CHANGE IN POLITICAL ADMINISTRATION AND ITS IMPACT ON THE ECONOMY: AN APPRAISAL OF THE MUHAMMADU BUHARI’S ADMINISTRATION (2015-2017)» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY As our faces are different so is our vision and methodology; all the presidents Nigeria has had have...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Crime remains pervasive and forever strives to hide itself in the face of development. As measure...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY On 23 Oct 09, Paul and Rachel Chandler, a couple from Tunbridge, Kent in Great Britai...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION The traditional ruler ship in the early era of Nigeria community which keep to the laws and norms of the society and the governance of th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Herdsmen and town men clashes have remained the most preponderant resource use conflict in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
10. THE FACTORS AFFECTING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The purpose of this work is to find out some factors that hinder economic development in the state. From this study a questionnaire was desig...Continue Reading »