Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 132 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study examines the effects of Buhari’s Loss on 2011 Post-presidential Election Violence. In Nigeria the urge to vote is often influenced by party, ideology, religion or even ethnicity but also personality of the contestant do influences voting especially during 2011 presidential election in the Katsina state. Electorates elect candidate perceived to be honest, Courageous, tested and trusted as well as a man of integrity and action. Unfortunately because of the adulation of a candidate, aggression results in protests, arsons, and even killing, when they alleged that their Candidate was denied victory through unfair and corrupt electoral process instead of taking legal action. This research is an attempt to fill this gap in the study of post-election violence and personality politics. The data was quantitatively and qualitatively generated and analyzed through descriptive Statistics. The research relied on questionnaire and interview to generate data on the subject-matter.Bourdieu’s Habitus-Field theory was adopted as the framework of analysis. Habitus in this context refers to the person’s unreflected habitus way of thinking and acting. It is formed through the accumulated experience of people in different fields. A field is an area of social interactions held together by legitimate rule. Fields organize the relationship between the elements in the field. The theory was propounded by French sociological, Pierre Bourdieu. The central argument of this theory is that social processes is constituted by dialectical relationship between objective systems of positions and subjective bundles of dispositions people perceived him as tested, trusted, courageous and Man of integrity and action. The study found that Buhari’s loss contributed to 2011 Post-Presidential election violence in Katsina State. Good governance, Justice and people should avoid taking law in their hands could curtail future occurrence of post-election violence were among the recommendations offered.
Keyword: Buhari, Democracy, Election, Loss, Violence.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Election is central in any democratic practices because it gives an avenue for peaceful change of
government but spectre of post elections violence is a regular feature of elections in most of the
emerging democracies. In Nigerian context, the most potent threat to election is violence.
Elections which are supposed to be a process where a society decides its leaders have now
become a major problem for Nigerians. The history of elections in this country has consistently
taken the form of violence. If one look at the 1923 elections up to 2011 elections, one will
discover that we have always had electoral violence. What changes overtime are the
ramifications and intensity of this violence. This is threatening the corporate existence of the
country as one indivisible entity.
The 2011 post presidential election violence was outstanding in terms of its magnitude and
severity. It has been argued that no election in this country has exposed our weaknesses as a
nation as much as this one (Hakeem, 2011). It surrenders our perseverance and pride of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. GENDER INEQUALITY AND EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE PARA-MILITARY ORGANISATION IN NIGERIA: A Study of Kaduna State Emergency Fire Service 2010-2...» ABSTRACT Gender inequality has being a source of global concern for quite a long time in the modern eras. The concern about it arises because it reduc...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 285 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» Chapter One: General Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The topic “The Impact of Civil Society Organization on Nigeria‟s Socio Political Dev...Continue Reading »
166 pages | 355 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
3. ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPLICATIONS OF TRANS-BORDER CRIMES ON SECURITY IN NIGERIA (CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA – NIGER BORDER)» ABSTRACT This study dwells on the Assessment of the Implications of Trans border Crimes on security in Nigeria (Cases study of Nigeria Niger border). ...Continue Reading »
96 pages | 19 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Every society in Nigeria dreams of a stable government; but this has being just a dream that have never come ...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 893 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is a well known fact that socio economic, socio political and socio cultural increase in size ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 309 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION The Boko Haram insurgency started in 2002 as a domestic Islamic religious group in Maiduguri, Borno State, in northern Nigeria....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 301 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
7. Assessment of the Challenges to Nigeria’s Medium Power Role in Global Affairs: A Case Study of the Fourth Republic (1999-2015)» ABSTRACT Middle powers are nations that have considerable influence in global affairs. These countries usually take a multilateral approach to solving...Continue Reading »
142 pages | 20 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 306 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
9. THE INTERPLAY OF POLITICS AND RELIGION IN NIGERIA’S FOURTH REPUBLIC: A CASE STUDY OF ADAMAWA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Religion has been an indispensible phenomenon in Nigeria. It had become an important factor in pol...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 288 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE
10. OBASANJO‟S ADMINISTRATION AND THE RESTORATION OF NIGERIA`S IMAGE AT THE INTERNATIONAL ARENA WITHIN THE TIME FRAME OF 1999 TO 2007» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND Foreign Policy is a set of carefully articulated goals and objectives which nation states seek to realize and actualize in ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 95 hits | Source: POLITICAL SCIENCE