Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 132 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study examines the effects of Buhari’s Loss on 2011 Post-presidential Election Violence. In Nigeria the urge to vote is often influenced by party, ideology, religion or even ethnicity but also personality of the contestant do influences voting especially during 2011 presidential election in the Katsina state. Electorates elect candidate perceived to be honest, Courageous, tested and trusted as well as a man of integrity and action. Unfortunately because of the adulation of a candidate, aggression results in protests, arsons, and even killing, when they alleged that their Candidate was denied victory through unfair and corrupt electoral process instead of taking legal action. This research is an attempt to fill this gap in the study of post-election violence and personality politics. The data was quantitatively and qualitatively generated and analyzed through descriptive Statistics. The research relied on questionnaire and interview to generate data on the subject-matter.Bourdieu’s Habitus-Field theory was adopted as the framework of analysis. Habitus in this context refers to the person’s unreflected habitus way of thinking and acting. It is formed through the accumulated experience of people in different fields. A field is an area of social interactions held together by legitimate rule. Fields organize the relationship between the elements in the field. The theory was propounded by French sociological, Pierre Bourdieu. The central argument of this theory is that social processes is constituted by dialectical relationship between objective systems of positions and subjective bundles of dispositions people perceived him as tested, trusted, courageous and Man of integrity and action. The study found that Buhari’s loss contributed to 2011 Post-Presidential election violence in Katsina State. Good governance, Justice and people should avoid taking law in their hands could curtail future occurrence of post-election violence were among the recommendations offered.
Keyword: Buhari, Democracy, Election, Loss, Violence.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Election is central in any democratic practices because it gives an avenue for peaceful change of
government but spectre of post elections violence is a regular feature of elections in most of the
emerging democracies. In Nigerian context, the most potent threat to election is violence.
Elections which are supposed to be a process where a society decides its leaders have now
become a major problem for Nigerians. The history of elections in this country has consistently
taken the form of violence. If one look at the 1923 elections up to 2011 elections, one will
discover that we have always had electoral violence. What changes overtime are the
ramifications and intensity of this violence. This is threatening the corporate existence of the
country as one indivisible entity.
The 2011 post presidential election violence was outstanding in terms of its magnitude and
severity. It has been argued that no election in this country has exposed our weaknesses as a
nation as much as this one (Hakeem, 2011). It surrenders our perseverance and pride of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A person may make an outright gift of his property, movables or unmovables when still ali...Continue Reading »
2. THE INTERPLAY OF POLITICS AND RELIGION IN NIGERIA’S FOURTH REPUBLIC: A CASE STUDY OF ADAMAWA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Religion has been an indispensible phenomenon in Nigeria. It had become an important factor in pol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The pride of any government is the attainment of higher value level of any development in such away that its citizens wou...Continue Reading »
4. AN ANALYTICAL STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF PUBLIC OPINION ON PUBLIC POLICY IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF 2010-2012» Abstract This research work that analysis on the impact of public opinion on public policy in Nigeria from 2010 2012 while narrowing it down to the ec...Continue Reading »
5. REASONS WHY PROGRAMMES DESIGNED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO BOOST MANUFACTURING INDIGENOUS FIRM PERFORMANCE DO NOT EFFECTIVELY ACHIEVE ITS ROLE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Indigenous Firms (Indigenous Firm) as defined by the National Council of Industries refer to business...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Corruption is a global issue which is an endemic to government all over the world. The World Bank website...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONBackground to the studyThe rhetoric of restructuring has currently been dominating the public domain for some months and this t...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF ETHNO-RELIGIOUS CONFLICT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN KADUNA STATE (A STUDY OF ZANGON KATAF LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA ST...» ABSTRACT The series of ethnic and religious conflict in Kaduna State necessitated the research topic “Effect of ethno religious conflict on the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Odewumi (2000) while referring to the 1970 United Nations Draft Recommendation on population cens...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThe media is adjudged to play a plethora of roles in a given society in which it operates. One of such roles is information dissemination and ...Continue Reading »