Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Nigeria is regarded as a developing country and this informs, the ideas that her rural communities, which are part of the entire political system is struggling, to facilitate socio-economic growth. Idemili South Local Government Area in Anambra State, which represents a good sample of rural administration in Nigeria, reflects a number of rural development concerns. According to Dike, V. (2006), Local Government Area’s are supposed to be engines of national development. A rural community grows into a bustling city and the local leader makes this possible. Idemili South Local Government Area was created out of Idemili Local Government Area in 1989. It is bounded on the north by Idemili Local Government Area, on the east, by Anaocha Local Government Area, on the South by Nnewi North and Ekwusigo Local Government Areas and on the west by Ogbaru Local Government Area. However Idemili South Local Government Area is not immune to the challenges of rural development in Nigeria. According to Arowolo, D. (2008), as important as this tier of government, there seems to be some impediments, that have been infringing on its performance and functions in recent times. These impediments range from political to include, interference by the higher levels of Government i.e federal and state governments, bribery and corruption, embezzlement and gross inadequacy of well-trained and qualified personnel to mention a few. This study therefore is an investigation of the perceived challenges in rural administration, using Idemili South Local Government as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Despite the justification of Local Government and its importance to the people at the grassroots level, this tier of government, in practice seems not to have justified the reasons for which it was established. The questions that summarily come to one’s mind are: why has local government administration not lived up to its expectation such as in Idemili South Local Government Area? What are the causes of this seemingly conspicuous weakness? What are the challenges of the local government? And how can this weaknesses be corrected and the challenges overcome? The problem of Idemili South Local Government Area seems multifarious and it is the preoccupation of this study, to explain them in details.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is local government administration and the challenges of rural development. But for the successful completion of the study; the researcher intends to achieve the following sub-objectives;
1. Is to examine the perceived challenges of rural administration in Idemili South Local Government Area in Anambra State.
2. Other specific objectives include determining if government revenue is appropriately and sufficiently utilized.
3. To determine whether these perceived challenges are actually, the main elements that forestall rural development in Idemili South Local Government Area.
4. To ascertain whether the administration of Idemili South Local Government has lived up to the expectation for the establishment of the local government area.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study would provide an improved and proper guide for stakeholders of rural administration in Nigeria to among other things, pinpoint the major challenges to rural development in Nigeria. The result of this study would provide the basis for developing variety of ways for reducing the challenges to rural administration. This study would also reveal, whether the revenue accrued and generated for development in Idemili South Local Government is sufficient and properly utilized by the government.
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
This study focuses on finding out the challenges of rural development in Idemili South Local Government Area. It will attempt to see how these problems hinder economic development at the grassroots. This study limits itself to the development challenges of the Idemili South Local Government people. Due to the nature of social science research, it is expected that a study of this nature, would be met by certain limitations and this is evident, as this study suffers, from inadequate finances, to make for proper investigation.Another important limitation to this study is improper documentation of administrative activities in the local government. This study is also limited by the researcher’s inability to access Local Government Offices. Finally this study is limited by the high level of illiteracy at the grass root in Idemili South Local Government Area.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
This study adopts two hypotheses as follows:
H0: There are significant administrative challenges to rural development in Idemili South Local Government.
H1: There are significant improvements in rural administration in Idemili South Local Government Area.
H02: The administration of Idemili South Local Government has not lived up to the expectation for the establishment of the local government area.
H2: The administration of Idemili South Local Government has lived up to the expectation for the establishment of the local government area
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
For the purpose of this study, a few but important terms have been selected for proper clarifications. They include; Grassroots, Political system, Rural area and Underdevelopment.
Grassroots: The ordinary people in an organization or society.
Political system: The political arrangement of a society, embracing all factors influencing collective decisions,
Rural area: refers to that part of a county that is considered less developed. Especially in the African Parlance, it is characterized by low cost houses, Agro-based economy and less sophisticated socio-economic system.
Underdevelopment: This refers to the state of growth in society that is associated with poor/non infrastructural facilities, weak economy and poor level of technological and industrial capacity.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR POLITICAL SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON NIGERIAN UNDERGRADUATES DRESSING HABIT (A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG), LAGOS AND WESLEY UNIVERSITY ...» Chapter 1Introduction1:1 Introduction1:2 Background of the Study1:3 Statements of Problems1:4 Objectives of the Study1:5 Research Question1:6 Study of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
3. PEACEFUL CO-EXISTENCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE (2009-2014)» .;CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION 1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is the most populous countries in Africa with a diverse cultural heritage. The coun...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPLICATIONS OF POLITICAL PARTY DEFECTION ON SUSTAINABLE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF THE FOURTH REPUBLIC» ABSTRACT From 1922 that Nigerian started experimenting with representative and political party democracy, through the rest of the colonial era, First ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Presently, the call for freedom and democracy echoes across the globe. The world has witnessed ph...Continue Reading »
6. PROGRAMME EVALUATION, PANACEA FOR ORGANIZATIONAL GROWTH: A CASE STUDY OF THE OBASANJO POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Any attempt made at holistically separating the twin concept of policy and programme may not ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the Study The need to catalyze balanced development, maximize citizen's participation, and arouse government ...Continue Reading »
8. ELECTIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA IN NIGERIA : A CASE STUDY OF APC AND PDP IN THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT The use of social media in politics has continued to grow in recent times. Since Barack Obama broke the world record in the history of social...Continue Reading »
9. CHANGE IN POLITICAL ADMINISTRATION AND IT IMPACT ON THE ECONOMNY OF NIGERIA. AN APPRAISAL OF THE MUHAMMADU BUHARI ADMINISTRATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The socio economic development of any society is intemperately depending on the nature, character...Continue Reading »
10. CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND AMNESTY PROGRAMME THE QUEST FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE NIGER DELTA OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUNG Virtually all the native races of Africa are represented in Nigeria, hence the great diversity ...Continue Reading »