Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 121 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Worldwide, maternal mortality has been receiving tremendous attention but sadly, the success recorded cannot be applauded.This study was aimed at assessing perception and health seeking behaviour for obstetric complications among women of reproductive age group in Zaria metropolis, Kaduna State.The study was a descriptive cross-sectional study involving 400 respondents. Interviewer administered structured questionnaire consisting of four sections was the instrument used to collect data which was analyzed using SPSS version 22 and presented using descriptive and inferential statistics. Chi square tests were used to determine relationship between variables and level of significance. Findings revealed that most respondents had a good perception regarding occurrence of obstetric complications during pregnancy, labour and delivery, with an aggregate mean Likert scale score of 4.54, which was greater than the constant mean score of 2.5, indicating good perception. The main symptoms experienced during pregnancy, labour and post-partum were dizziness, swollen hands and face and severe bleeding respectively. Most women had a positive health seeking behaviour as evidenced by attendance of ANC clinic visitation (70.5%), usage of routine medications (59.0%, 65.0% and 68.3% for iron, folic acid and malaria prophylaxis respectively), and choice of hospital delivery during last pregnancy (56.8%).Financial constrain was the most stated reason for non-utilization of medications and husbands were the main decision makers pertaining hospital visits. There was a significant relationship between perception of obstetric complicationsand onset of antenatal care in last pregnancy, frequency of ANC clinic visits, usage of routine haematinics, usage of malarial prophylaxis and preferred place of next delivery. There was however no significant relationship between perception of obstetric complications and attendance of antenatal care during last pregnancy, and also place of last delivery.Based on these findings, the study recommends amongst others that ongoing health awareness campaigns by both government and non-governmental organizations regarding obstetric complications should be intensified for maximum coverage, and the Federal Government should be willing to commit adequate resources to meet the needs of the health system in order to reduce the prevalence of obstetric complications and by extension maternal mortality.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the motile parasitic protozoan Tri...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 253 hits | Source: NURSING
» ABSTRACTThis study is aimed at assessing the nursing students’ perceptions of clinical nursing training in selected nursing programmes in Enugu Stat...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 182 hits | Source: NURSING
3. IMPACT OF A TRAINING PROGRAMME ON UTILIZATION OF NURSING PROCESS AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSES IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CENTRES IN IJEBU-ODE LGA» ABSTRACT The nursing process is a scientific and systematic method of solving the numerous patient’s problems, which promotes problem solving in pro...Continue Reading »
96 pages | 91 hits | Source: NURSING
» ABSTRACT This project work is on the bleaching of palm oil using activated charcoal. The charcoal used for this work was made from pieces of animal bo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 247 hits | Source: NURSING
5. ASSESSMENT OFTHE SERVICE QUALITY OF FOCUSED ANTENATAL CARE AT HEALTH CARE FACILITIES IN BAUCHI STATE» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to assess the Service quality of focused antenatal care at health care facilities in Bauchi State. Five research ob...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 9 hits | Source: NURSING
6. EFFECT OF A NURSE-LED TRAINING PROGRAMME ON KNOWLEDGE OF RISKY BEHAVIOURS AMONG MOTORCYCLE OPERATORS IN ADO – EKITI, EKITI STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Commercial motorcycling emerged, and has become established, as a popular means of transportation in Nigeria due to the inadequacy of the con...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 104 hits | Source: NURSING
7. INCIDENCES OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE AMONG ADOLESCENCE IN KAWO, KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This research work is to examine substance abuse among youths in Kawo, Kaduna North Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Also to know the s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 181 hits | Source: NURSING
8. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON THE FERTILITY AND MORTALITY RATE IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OSOGBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN OSUN STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In statistical analysis and inference statistics is playing an important role nearly in all phases of human life. Formall...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: NURSING
9. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTHCARE WASTE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AMONG HEALTH WORKERS IN ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The outcome of healthcare services is aimed at preventing potential human health risks and environmental hazards as well as improving wellbei...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 100 hits | Source: NURSING
10. ASSESSMENT OF WORKING RELATIONSHIP AMONG HEALTH CARE WORKERS IN GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN MINNA METROPOLIS, NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of Tables ix Abstract x CHAP...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 360 hits | Source: NURSING