Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
Computer education is the process of acquiring the basic computer knowledge, idea’s, skills, and other competencies, so as to understand the basic terminologies, and how computer can be used to solve everyday problem which enables nurses to enhance patient care delivery, as well as the practice and safety of care. (Newbold and Douglas 2005)
Burger and Bilgnaut (2005) stated that the nurse’s attitude towards the whole phenomenon of computer affects his/her willingness or attitude towards computer and hence an organization’s ability to move towards a paperless system
Effectively, the attitude of nurses towards computerization will determine the success and failure of the programme being introduced. For instance, the introduction of computer can elicit diverse feelings among nurses. A positive attitude could bring or see a rapid adoption which accompanying realization of the benefit of computerization. A less positive attitude or rejection Is likely to retard attempts to modernize service delivery.
The linkage between the patient’s qualities of care to the implementation of computerized information system is that nurse is skilled with computer and increasingly require computer to carry out their works (Wilbright et al, 2006).
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Contemporary healthcare faces many changes on account of emerging and re- emerging diseases but nothing will change the way healthcare is provided more than the current advances in information, communication and technology. Nursing being an integral part of health care delivery system is exposed continually to a variety of changes.
The attitude of nurses towards computer education has affected the quality of rendering effective care which bring about the knowledge of new prevalent diseases and the quality of the profession both within the country and beyond.
It is against this background that the researcher has declared to find out attitude of nurses towards computer education in St. Gerard’s catholic hospital, Kaduna state
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to evaluate the attitude of nurses towards computer education in St. Gerard’s catholic Hospital, Kaduna. Under the following
I. To investigate the attitude of the nurses towards computer.
ii. To determine the level of the computer knowledge among nurses
iii. To assess the nurses understanding of the benefit of computer education in rendering nursing care to patients.
iv. To ascertain the factor contributing to attitude towards computer appreciation.
v. To serve as a reference material for further research
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this research will assist the;
Nurses to gain interest in computer so as to be versatile in acquiring knowledge in recent prevalent diseases.
Nurses to render effective nursing care to their patients using the computer.
Nurses understand the benefit of computer education.
Nurses demonstrate positive attitude towards computer education
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. What is the attitude of nurses towards computer education in St. Gerard’s catholic hospital
ii. What is the level of computer knowledge acquired by the nurses in St. Gerard’s
Catholic hospital Kaduna?
iii. How will computer education benefit the nurses in rendering nursing care to patients in St. Gerard’s catholic hospital Kaduna?
iv. What are the factors contributing to the nurse’s attitude toward computer appreciation in St. Gerard’s catholic hospital, Kaduna?
16 SCOPE OF STUDY
This research is restricted to the attitude of nurses towards computer education in St. Gerard’s Catholic Hospital, Kaduna.
It could have been better to cover most of the hospitals in Kaduna but due to money and time constraints, that could not be possible hence, there is limited level of investigation but the result can be generalized.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS.
I. Computer: it’s a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry out a set of arithmetic or logical operation.
ii. Computer knowledge: it is the ability to utilize computer and related technology efficiently with a range of skills covering levels from elementary use to programming and advanced problem solving.
iii. Computer technology: it is the knowledge used from a computer used to carry out various activities. It works easier and fast
iv. Nursing: nursing is the protection, promotion and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response and advocacy in the care of individual, families, communities and population
v. Nurse: A nurse is a person who is trained to give care (help) to the people who are sick or injured.
vi. Health care: it is the diagnosis, treatment and protection of disease, injuries and other physical and mental impairment in humans.
vii. Computer based patient system (CPRS): it is a system that deals with the electronic patient record specifically designed to support uses by providing accessibility to complete an accurate data, alert, reminders, clinical decision support system, links to medical knowledge and other aids
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR NURSING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» chapter one introduction 1.1 Background of the study Promoting sustainable consumption and production are important aspects of sustainable development...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A disturbing but unavoidable fact of organization life is that employees sometimes engage in ethi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is on the bleaching of palm oil using activated charcoal. The charcoal used for this work was made from pieces of animal bo...Continue Reading »
4. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON THE FERTILITY AND MORTALITY RATE IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OSOGBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN OSUN STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In statistical analysis and inference statistics is playing an important role nearly in all phases of human life. Formall...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Patients perception about service quality shapes their confidence with regard to use of the available health care facility. This study assess...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTHCARE WASTE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES AMONG HEALTH WORKERS IN ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The outcome of healthcare services is aimed at preventing potential human health risks and environmental hazards as well as improving wellbei...Continue Reading »
7. UTILIZATION OF DONABEDIAN MODEL IN EVALUATION OF MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTHCARE QUALITY SERVICE IN SELECTED HEALTH CARE FACILITIES IN ILE-IFE» ABSTRACT Improving the quality of obstetric, neonatal and child care in facilities has been identified as a neglected and essential approach to reduci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) has a devastating eff...Continue Reading »
9. A Study to Access the Knowledge Level on Bio-Medical Waste Management among the Nurses in Tamilnadu» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study All activities of living thing on earth produce waste in some form or other. The fast decade witnesse...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF PALLIATIVE CARE NEEDS OF HIV-POSITIVE CLIENTS IN NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL NNEWI, ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Increasing population of the world is affected by life limiting illnesses such as human immuno defici...Continue Reading »