Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The various literature studies intended to evaluate the role of radio in the national national development. In this study, the researcher decided to draw home the Tourism that without a national political consciousness and viable political participation resulting in good leadership, there could be no genuine national development. The mass media is the fourth estate of government had been assigned the various responsibilities in the society including the watch role, the educator and entertainer of the various segments of the people. The role of the role of radio programme in the modern of more or less formalized national development that deals with communication of al types. Normally, this required a considerable capital as the case with the radio programme, television and publishing houses. Necessarily, they have to carter for the mass audience. For this reason, those who control the radio programme (presenters) usually suggest that they have the ability and capacity to manipulate and mobilize the people during the transition era.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This research touches on the various aspects of radio programmes as instruments of national development. In other words, it explores into radio programmes as a mobilization agency during the political transition period.
It is thus, an important assumption of the work that a systematic study of national development by radio programmes should include an examination and the nature of operation of the mass media of communication in the Osun state broadcasting service (OSBC) Osun.
The mass media generally referred to both the print(s) and electronic media as supported in section 22 of the 1989 constitution of Nigeria. The press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media should at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives and highlights the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.
The role of radio programmes according to General Abacha in his maiden independence broadcast on the 1st October 1995 was to unform, educate and entertain the citizen. Onyishi (1996) while highlighting on the role of radio programmes in democracy notes that the press not only sustains the democracy principles but also end with transaction period. The media should help an ushering in democracy they should play a crucial role in nurturing and sustaining the success or failure of our practice of democratic government. To large extent, their success depends on how well radio programmes carries out their function as the mid wife of democracy.
This research therefore is intended to investigate how far the radio programme had fulfilled this allowed obligation. It is hoped that the result of the work will be useful to media practitioners in the proper performance of their duties.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEMS:
In democracies, the mass media are the watch dog of the people. The citizen are usually mobilized and unformed to created awareness on the political culture.
By political culture, I refer to a system of politic in which sovereignty is vested on the people rather than a small clique, or an oligarchy, a political arrangement that places emphasis on the accountability of polity where the rule of law, majority rule and constitutionalism is the basic guiding principle.
Perhaps, it could be argued that the political crisis that pervaded our recent past points to the fact that most of our people are ignorant of an apathetic towards the country’s observe that in Nigeria electioneering and voting pattern cannot be validated, in the voting pattern of Nigerians and the possible estimation of the voter attitude towards political
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The level of political participation in Nigerian and Osun state in particular seems to be very low. Also the political crisis occurring in this country has equally been attributed to several factors. The purpose of this study is to identify the reasons or reasons that have contributed to this low political participations in Nigeria politics.
In doing so, what usually comes to mind is to ask the question what is the reason for the low political participation in Nigeria politics and equally the causes of the constant political crisis? As usually, it may be traced to several factors like low level of awareness and tribalism, how can this awareness be obtained? This will lead us to this research topic.
Therefore, this study is intended to inquire into how political participation in Nigeria politics and equally trace the genesis of the political crisis that identifies the factors responsible and solution sought.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is expected that this study would be immense benefit to the government, the mass media and the people of this country. This study will highlight the importance of radio programmes as a vehicle for national development in a transition era.
Through the mass media, especially the radio and television Nigeria might have a chance of having a viable political culture and help to choose a leadership that will inculcate a viable and sustaining democracy. This will also give us a society blessed with.
As right put by GORAN HEDEBRO- “communication media can create a climate of change by including a new valves, attitude and models or behaviour favourable to mobilization, teach new skill act as a multipher of resources of knowledge, raise level of participation in decision-making, help people to find new norms and harmony in period of transition, change the power structure of the society by giving knowledge to this masses, create sense of nations, lead to increase political activity or participation, promote people’s need satisfying development as self perpetuating process.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS.
The basic question posted as a result of these problem includes the following:
a. Have radio programmes been participating in economic development in Nigeria and Osun state in particular.
b. Has ethnic problem been hindering the smoothness of economic development in this country?
c. Can the masses in the country be mobilized and informed using radio programmes?
d. What role has radio programmes played to ensure a viable democracy?
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Conceptual and operational definitions
a. Conceptual: Persons or duties in an undertaking.
b. Operational: Function or part of the duty radio programmes do to contribute national national development.
2. MASS MEDIA
b. Conceptual: Existing channel through which government and its citizens communication to each other or means through which greater number of people are reached spontaneously with information.
1.7 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Since the research is directed as radio programmes and national development, the research is content on the broadcasting media in Osun state. (i.e. the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation OSBC)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MEDIA CHANNEL AND AUDIENCE RETENTION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TRADITIONAL MEDIA (RADIO, TELEVISION, MAGAZINE, NEWSPAPER ETC) AND NEW MEDIA (FACEBOOK, 2...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term “Media channel” can generally be seen as tools for the transfer of informati...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF SATELLITE TELEVISION ON NIGERIAN CULTURE. (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC, IREE STUDENTS)» ABSTRACT This research work, THE IMPACT OF SATELLITE TELEVISION ON NIGERIAN CULTURE, is set to see how satellite television has affected the knowledge...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF THE PRINT MEDIA IN SPORT DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE COMPLETE SPORT NEWSPAPER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sports was originally a recreational activity, but with the introduction of financial and materia...Continue Reading »
4. EVALUATION OF EXTENSION AGENTS’ COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES IN PROMOTING NEW RICE FOR AFRICA (NERICA) TECHNOLOGY AMONG RICE FARMERS IN OFADA, OGUN STAT...» ABSTRACT This study focused on evaluating the effectiveness of extension agents’ communication strategies in promoting the New Rice for Africa Techn...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the impact of television advertising of household products on consumers brand preference. It elucidate ...Continue Reading »
6. FILM AS A TOOL FOR TOURISM PROMOTION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF SELECTED NOLLYWOOD AND ALBERT BROCCOLLI’S JAMES BOND FILMS» ABSTRACT In 1990, scholars estimated that film has about 70 million global viewership. By 2015, the number of viewers had increased to 350 million due...Continue Reading »
7. Awareness Creation on Cervical Cancer Screening: A Study of Living Healthy Programme on FRCN Kaduna» ABSTRACT The research was conducted to assess the radio programme: Living Healthy, and its roles in creating awareness on Cervical Cancer and screenin...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF MEDIA CAMPAIGNS ON VESICO VAGINAL FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN NORTH WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Vesico Vaginal Fistula is an abnormal communication between the urinary bladder and the vagina that result into constant involuntary discharg...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT From all indications, it has become obvious that the mass media has a great role to play in the management of human rights abuse in Nigeria, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Background to the Study Opinion leaders are defined as individual who exert an unequal amount of influence on the decision of others&r...Continue Reading »