Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In Nigeria today, many people believe in listening to electronic media but they do not really believe in the message that is being passed across to the people.
In most programmes, a presenter does not pass meaningful message to their audience, most of their programmes are to make fun and enjoyment, due to this, it is not interesting to the audience. Many programmes which some presenters presents nowadays do not make analogical sense.
As it is normally said that language is very important in the field of communications, without language we cannot understand ourselves.
In broadcast media, language has not been properly treated or used. In Nigeria, most of presenters make mistakes of using different hood especially Yoruba programme. This habit which always create confusion among those that listen to their programmes and it leads to the cost of message they want to pass across to the audience e.g using of English language during the Yoruba programme is ridiculous, even if they want to present English programme or Yoruba programme, they must make use of pure language and free flow of a specific language.
Today, the presenter has changed so drastically in favour of language and community, that is why we have (orisun FM 89.5) at Oke Itase, Ile-Ife. However, orisun FM 89.5 is a typical example of Radio station that is only transmitted in pure Yoruba language programmes based on culture which is due to the fact that it will promote our culture and tradition.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Many people have seen the indigenous language used in broadcasting as not efficient and effective. Therefore, this research work is to look at the importance of indigenous language in broadcast media using Orisun FM 89.5 as a case
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
There are questions that will resolve the answer needed, they are also question that will probe future to bring out response from interviewers.
1. To what extent does the use of indigenous language contribute to the growth and development of broadcasting?
2. To what extent does indigenous language broadcast media been effective to the populace?
3. To what extent does indigenous language contribute to the social economic activities in the society?
4. To what extent does broadcast media transmit in dialect of their localities?
5. To what extent does the use of indigenous language being of benefit to the populace?
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
There are various people that will benefit from the research of the researcher and South-West people with some other people will generally benefit from the research because there are most important people that need to be enlightened. However, some rulers need to be exposed in the research because of the impact they are having in the community. Young people also need to be exposed and be trained in their own language because they are young, there is tendency that they may abandon their own language when there is nobody that can train or expose them to their local language. Therefore, there should be proper enlightenment on the use of language and proper education on communication and enlightenment on different language. The society will also benefit from this research because it will contribute to the current policy by the government.
1.5 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. The project is written to enlighten the people of Africa, the importance of indigenous language and culture of the society, most especially the Yoruba.
2. To promote our local language and culture and to reign the glory that has been lost in our indigenous language.
3. To orientate people of the society about their local language from primary school to secondary school and their must be some related courses also in higher institution of learning.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study will look at the definition of broadcasting, concept of broadcasting, types of broadcasting, indigenous language, what is language? What is indigenous communication? Forms of indigenous communication, the Africa traditional model of communication, types of indigenous communication, model of Africa communication, history of indigenous communication, traditional communication, model and theories of indigenous communication.
1.7 LIMITATION TO THE STUDY
The report of this project is limited to Orisun FM 89.5, however other
broadcasting media may find it useful. Every research work requires adequate financial flow for its completion. Either many or any other things related to it, thus financial constraint pose a limitation to this research work. Also time factor pose limitation on the research work. Research work requires enough time to bring out facts through investigation.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION New communication technology, including accessible online publishing software and evolving mobile device technology, mean...Continue Reading »
35 pages | 316 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. THE REFLECTIONS OF MODERNIZATION IN THE NIGERIAN MEDIA: A CASE STUDY OF HIGHLAND FM JOS PLATEAU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The broadcasting industry in Nigeria has come a long way from a humble beginning in 1959 and grow...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 75 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER TITLE PAGE Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgments v Abstract vii Table of Contents viii...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 81 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE ROLE OF PUNCH NEWSPAPER IN CREATING AWARENESS AGAINST DRUG ABUSE (A case study of selected residents in Lagos Nigeria)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Mass media have been a major agent of socialization and tool for social change especially now tha...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 148 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
5. FACTORS AFFECTING THE QUALITY OF ‘FAMILY FORUM’- A RADIO PROGRAMME OF ANAMBRA BROADCASTING SERVICE, AWKA» ABSTRACT This research is on “Factors Affecting the Quality of Family Forum A Programme of Anambra Broadcasting Service, Awka”. The desire...Continue Reading »
128 pages | 351 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The development of Nigerian politics is interwoven with that of the press. The early press, n...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Background to the Study Election is a festival of democracy. It fosters an inclusive state; democracy rooted in popular sovereignty an...Continue Reading »
164 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The study concerns with the impact of social media on the students of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree. There is no doubt about the fact that the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Issues involving the influence of Zee World Soap Opera on the cultural values of youths in Uyo me...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 761 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
10. ANALYSIS OF “THIS WEEK” IN THE COMMUNICATION CLIMATE OF EMPLOYEES OF ELF PETROLEUM NIGERIA LIMITED, PORT HARCOURT – RIVERS STATE» ABSTRACT This study was on the impact of “This Week” on the communication climate of employees of Elf petroleum Nigeria limited, EPNL, and...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 150 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION