Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The popular saying that “Health is wealth and a healthy nation is a wealthy nation” form the basis of this research study. Thus, the issue of good health today has been of paramount concern to everyone in the society, especially as it has been asserted and proved that behind the success of every living thing is good health. No matter how one tries to neglect it, the facts remains that only a healthy man can think out ways of succeeding in life.
Apart from personal hygiene, health care delivery has been seen to be one determinant of good health. David .L. Everhart (1996) in his forwarded note on the book “Management of hospitals and Health Services” State that “God health is a condition of life that most people enjoy and everyone is concerned about. We have a tendency to take good health for granted, until something adverse happens to us, or to our families or friends. And when that occurs, we assume that the system of health care services that we know and trust will respond to our needs effectively, efficiently and compassionately”.
Health care and the system involved in its delivery are changing rapidly, likewise the number and complexity of organizations providing this
care since it is widely believed that health is a fundamental human right. It falls on the organization structure of the society to provide such services that will ensure that people had health and productive lives. The manner through which health care is delivered contributes to the postponement of death and improvement of life of the consumers and individual in the country. It becomes very imperative that adequate measures have to be taken to safe guard the health of consumers.
With respect to this, the Federal Government of Nigeria Via the Federal Ministry of Health established the National Agency for food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) empowered to control, and regulate the manufacture, importation exportation, distribution, advertisement, sale and use of food, drugs, cosmetics, chemical / detergents, medical devices and all drinks including sachet pure water. In discharging its duties the NAFDAC has been up and doing in every respect to control the menace of fake drug and other unwholesome practices within the manufacturing industries. It has however, implored the services of its public relations unit in seeing that its aims and objective are met.
NAFDAC as a health care-delivery organization uses public relations extensively as a powerful tool to increase public awareness of its activities and operations. Despite these effectors made by the agency to increase
public awareness of its activities, and operations. Despite these efforts made by the agency to increase public awareness of its activities, the effectiveness of public relation in health care service is yet to be fully harnessed. The significance of public relation has not yet been well recognized in Nigeria as it is in developed countries. Poor orientation and corrupt value system has affected the effectiveness of health care service delivery.
Against this background, this research study is set to x-ray the possibility of using public relation mechanism to enhance effective health acre service delivery in the country.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
One’s perception of problem is influenced by his experience, value and interest. It is only when a problem is perceived as a major concern that an individual is motivated to search for the solution (Acho, 2001). Public relation is a management function, which evaluates the public attitude, identifies the policies and procedures of an organization with the public interest and plans, executes programmes of action to earn the public understanding and acceptance.
In Nigerian, poor orientation and corrupt value system has affected the effectiveness of health care service delivery. The inability of the system
to effectively use its public relation tools to safe guard the health of the consumers in the past has increased the rate of health problem in the country.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To examine the effectiveness of public relations in health care delivery services.
2. To ascertain the extent to which public relation tools have been used in enhancing the performance of health care delivery services.
3. To identify problems affecting the effective use of public relation tools towards educating and re-orientating consumers by health acre delivery services.
4. To identify measures taken by government to ensure that public relations tools are effectively used by health care services.
1.4 RELEVANT RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. How effective is public relation in health care delivery services in Nigeria?
2. To what extent has public relation tools been used in enhancing the performance of health care delivery services in the country?
3. What problems affect the effective use of public relation tools towards educating and re-orientating consumers by health acre delivery services?
4. What measures have been taken by government to ensure that public relation tools are effectively used by Health Care delivery services in the country?
1.5 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES HYPOTHESIS I
H0: NAFDAC is not performing its duties as an institution that delivers health care services.
HA: NAFDAC is not performing its duties as an institution that delivers health care services.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The media collectively acts to provide audiences with their “windows on the world” Im...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of social media in managing. Brand reputation in crisis, it analys...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVED PERFORMANCE OF MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN ABA METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF LEVER BROTHERS PLC, ABA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION: In Nigeria where the importance of marketing is yet to be fully appreciated, people talk of marketing their products as ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Small and medium scale enterprises are the engine that drives most economies of the world. Their ...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS TOOLS EFFECTIVENESS TO THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Any investment has to bring some return for its investor, evaluating the effectiveness of a particular investment help organi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY What philosophy should guide a company marketing and selling efforts? What relative weights shou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background information The business environment has become very competitive in the 21st century due to the growth in tech...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The evaluation and development and marketing of service products in educational sector is a very interesting topic to research on because it ...Continue Reading »
9. MARKETING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECT OF MASS TRANSIT SERVICES IN ENUGU STATE (A CASE STUDY OF PEACE MASS TRANSIT COMPANY LIMITED ENUGU)» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate marketing problems and prospect of mass services in Enugu State using Peace Mass Transport Company ...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT- A CASE STUDY OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI, OBUASI MINE» ABSTRACT The study assessed the effect of corporate social responsibility on community development with a special attention to Anglogold Ashanti‟s o...Continue Reading »