Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 102 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
An oil lubricant has been a canon product in our society today due to uses of different types of moving objects like motor vehicles.
A lubricant “some times referred to as lube” is a substance which is often a liquid introduced between two moving surfaces to reduce the friction between them improving efficiency and reducing wear. It may also have the function of dissolving or transporting foreign particles and of distributing heat. The ability of lubricants to lubricate moving parts and reduce friction is what is called lubricity.
According to Chris-C- (2007) one of the single largest applications for lubricants in the form of motor oil is protecting the internal combustion engines, in motor vehicles and powered equipment. He went further to state that typically lubricants contain 90% base oil (most often petroleum fraction, called mineral oils) and less than 10% additives. Vegetable oils or synthetic liquids such as hydrogenated
polyolefin, ester, silicon and many others are sometimes used as base oils.
Motor Oil or engine oil is oil used for lubrication of various internal combustion engines and the main function is to lubricate moving parts, motor oil also cleans, inhibits corrosion, improves sealing and cools the engine by carrying heat away from moving parts.
Now, there has been increase in competition in the oil lubricate market from department companies. However, the application of marketing concept can drive the competition better for any firm irrespective of the numbers of the competitions in the market.
Stanton (1995:85) observes that the marketing concept is a philosophy of business which believes that the consumers’ want and need satisfaction is the economic and social justification for a firm’s existence.
Therefore, all company activities must be devoted to finding out what the consumer needs and wants are, and then satisfying these wants, while still making a profit in the long run Fulmer (1994:62).
Stanton (1995:86) contented, that by serving a customer well, we are at the same time wanting the consumer to satisfy his needs, and the consumer expects value and higher than the quantity in the products he buys and uses, when a customer fails to gain value from a product in one place, he will go and search for it else where.
Stanton (1995:87) observes that marketing concept is a marketing strategy accepted with the fact that a consumer’s good judgment cannot be bought but can be freely given in response to gifts of value from the products. The growth of competition has stretched this concept to embrace the importance of adoption or repeated purchases of the product brand and trade mark which determine the success of other use of that product in the market.
This project work was carried out in order to determine the consumers’ preference in oil lubricant products whether Mobil, total, A-Z, A/P, Oando etc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Many firms have introduced motor oil lubricants product in the market. But despite effort made to promote these lubricants products, some of them have not been successful. And various promotional tools and efforts used advertising, participation in trade fair, the use of hand bill promotion, personal selling. But disappointingly, some of the consumer complained that the lubricant product was not serving its purpose which means that some brand of motor oil lubricant product are not performing well in the market in comparison to others.
Though, it is one thing to product a product and another to market it. The way customers react to product “A” may differ from the way they react to product “B”. These reactions may not be unconnected with the content of the product like quality, pricing, promotional and distribution strategies employed by these firms.
However, the purpose of this study is to find out what makes the difference in preference among the users of motor oil lubricants products.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major aim of this research work is to compare the attitude of consumers towards different types of motor oil lubricant products.
1) To identify factors influencing consumer preference for a particular brand of motor oil lubricant products.
2) To find out if prices has any influence in the consumer preference of any of the motor lubricant product.
3) To compare consumers attitude towards different brands of motor lubricant product.
4) To determine the degree of acceptance of a particular brand of motor lubricant product in comparison with other brands.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The critical appraisal seeks to give answers to the following questions.
1) What factors determine the consumer acceptance of a particular brand of motor oil lubricant product?
2) Do consumers consider the prices of different brands of oil lubricant product in their buying decision?
3) What is the level of customers’ acceptance of a particular brand of motor oil lubricant product?
4) What is the general consumer attitude towards different brand of motor oil lubricant?
1.5 FORMATION OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
In working to achieve the aim of this study which is guided by the existing knowledge and observation of the recent business trend during the time of this investigation, the following hypotheses were tested by the researcher concerning the consumer attitudes towards different brand of motor oil lubricant product.
Ho1: There is no significant difference in the quality of the various types of motor oil lubricant products.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TRENDING ISSUES AFFECTING ADVERTISING AGENCIES IN NIGERIA AND HOW THEY ARE ADAPTING TO THE CHALLENGES POSED BY THE ADVENT SOCIAL MEDIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The world today has become a rendezvous for many countries courtesy of globalization, which foste...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examines the relationship between capital structure and market value of a company, it is motivated by a desire to explain debt (le...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Many developing countries have deficit Balance of Payments (BOP) account and face many troubles i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In any organization whether profit or non profit oriented the main purpose of the organization is to achieve its objectiv...Continue Reading »
5. AN EVALUATION OF THE CONTRIBUTION OF SALESMANSHIP TO MARKETING OF CONSUMER GOODS (A STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This research study is on the importance of salesmanship in the marketing of consumer goods. Salesmanship has been described as the act of pe...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project investigates “The Impacts of Pricing in Marketing of Coke Drinks in Enugu State” Every individual is interested in the price...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS OF PROMOTION MIX AS TOOLS OF MARKETING COMMUNICATION. A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In deciding on how to properly utilize the marketing communication mix to meet organization objectives, it is important t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is focused on the “Evaluation of marketing strategies of mobile phones in MTN Nigeria, Kaduna branch. The main objective i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE xi 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate restructuring as a management concept refers to one of the long range planning techniques availab...Continue Reading »
10. PUBLIC RELATIONS EFFECTIVENESS IN HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SERVICE IN NIGERIA. A SURVEY OF NAFDAC OPERATIONS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The popular saying that “Health is wealth and a healthy nation is a wealthy nation” f...Continue Reading »