The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 116 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Manpower Training is very vital for any development of any Organization. Why some organizations take it very serious others take is very lightly. There is always a positive result on the part of any organization that takes up staff training and development very importantly. Any organization that fails to take it manpower training and development very necessary tends to encounter difficulties in attaining its objectives and would find it difficult to compete favourably. There are various training and development procedures that can be undertaken by organization (s). This study is about highlighting the fact that unless training and development of manpower is properly done, objectives will be very difficult to attain.
Manpower development therefore, becomes the end result of the application of power and though career development. In the public sector, employees anticipate equitable and adequate Manpower development training. One of the purpose of an organization is to permit the group of individuals to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
The study of Manpower development as in long time seen as a vital tool in enhancing employees’ morale which has it multiplying effect on organization’s productivity. The study of Manpower development as a tool for employees high morale towards Organizational efficiency and effectiveness has been embarked upon in attempt to access the extent to which organization especially National Television Authority (NTA) cherish and promote Manpower training and development in boosting employees morale towards organization’s output.
Therefore, the study would like to access: How far Manpower development planned with the mind of those at the top level management whenever they are planning strategies to introduce new concept to the administrative procedures with particular reference to NTA.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Some organizations in Nigeria do not engage in proper training and development of its staff, resulting to low productivity and poor organizational performance. In most cases, these organizations are not fully aware of the impacts of employee training and development on the performance of their organization, and thus they do not undertake training and development exercises for their employees.
According to Cole (2002), ill trained employees will definitely be less productive, as they do not have the necessary and complete skills and knowledge to achieve maximum performance in the organization. Training of employees must be implemented in every organization that wishes to succeed, since training enhances skills, knowledge, attributes and competencies and ultimately worker performance and productivity in organizations.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
In the light of the problems already identified in 1.2 above, the study was undertaken with the following aims and objective.
To identify existing training programs at National Television Authority
2. To evaluate the effectiveness of these training programs.
3. To find out if the training programs have impacted on employee morale and the firm’s overall performance.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions were developed to guide the study:
1. What training programs does National Television Authority have?
2. Are the training programs in NTA effective?
3. What is the impact that these training programs have had on employee morale and performance?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The hypotheses for the study are:
1. Ho: Training programs of National Television Authority is not effectively administered
2. Hi: Training programs of National Television Authority is effectively administered
3. Ho: There is no significant impact between manpower training and development on employee morale in National Television Authority.
Hi: There is a significant impact between manpower training and development on employee morale in National Television Authority.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is specified on Manpower training and development as a tool measuring employees morale, which explains the inefficiency that characterized our public sector and corporations which also result into lack of commitment to work and waste of resources which are strongly needed to enhance social and economic development.
It is hoped therefore that this study would provide information on the remote and immediate course and possible solutions to the manpower development problems as they affect NTA. This is also hoped that the finding of this study will contribute to existing knowledge and information on the area of research. It is also expected that the findings and recommendations of this study will guide NTA to establish a formidable manpower development planning.
The study would also be useful to the people who always cry that the organization does not have effective manpower development programmes, so that they know its limitations and area of help to the workers for their support and recognition of their efforts to the organization.
Finally, this study will be useful to the students that may wish to write or make research on similar topics and using this as a point of reference to re – orient them towards their profession or future research or practical endeavour.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is limited to the role and impact that training have on the performance of employees of NTA bank, using their branch office in Umuahia, Abia State as the focus point. The branch office constitutes an important location of NTA Bank and holds a large population of employees.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Funds were in very short supply to the researcher and the researcher could not purchase some valuable print materials needed for this project at the time they were most needed. The expenses on transportation to NTA are so enormous because of many occasions the researcher was not attended to and would have to leave without the information required.
Another constraint faced by the researcher was limited time for the completion of the project and engagement in other academic activities which occupied most of the researcher’s time.
The research was faced with some restrictionsin the area of the case study; this is due to bureaucratic reasons in the administrative procedures in the Organization. It was not possible to get all the necessary information that would have helped in producing a comprehensive research work. The process of going through some records to get data was very tedious and formidable task as some materials needed are tagged “TOP SECRET”.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Manpower: This is the human resources of an organization that coordinates and control materials, finance and others towards the attainment of an organization objectives.
Training: Training could be seen as an Organizational effort aimed at helping an employee to acquire basic skills required for the efficient and effective execution of the function for which he/she is hired for.
Development: This is a programme designed to provide new ideas and concepts that may be useful for present and future specification/response which take care of professionals and managers.
Planning: Is a strategy by which Organization ensures that right number of employees with the right talent/skill occupy the right position of the Organization. It is a deliberate effort put in place to attain a target goal.
Efficiency: This refers to an input-output relationship that is maximum work achieved for a minimum time or result. It is a notion of ‘Optimization’ whereby maximum satisfaction is obtained for a given out lay of resources.
Effectiveness: This is referred to how frequently and perfectly human or machine are able to carry out a task leading to a required output that always resulted to an Organizational efficiency. Effectiveness is therefore a means to an end”.
Organization: This is referred to as two (2) or more people working together in a co-ordinated manner to attain group results.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SUCCESS OF A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY IN NNPC, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Office machines and equipments being used in business office today have accounted tremendously to the present and ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 212 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
2. ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING DISCLOSURES AND FIRM’S PROFITABILITY IN THE NIGERIAN OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY IN SOUTH-SOUTH REGION OF NIGERIA (2006 – 2015)» ABSTRACT The study examined the relationship between Environmental Accounting Disclosures and firm’s profitability in the Nigerian oil and gas indus...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 68 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The management of people within the organisation has become an increasingly recognized important ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 180 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The place and value of manpower planning as a resource for organizational productivity and success cannot be o...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 81 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
5. THE INFLUENCE OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES TOWARDS RURAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF NSIT UBIUM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT The cooperative has played a key role in rural development and always recognized as an integral part of our local economy. Cooperative has id...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 149 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Many scholars have written widely on small scale industries and its potency to generate employmen...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 267 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
7. EFFECT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT ON RESOURCE UTILIZATION IN ORGANIZATION (A Case Study of 7up Bottling Company Plc Kaduna)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is titled the Effect of Materials Management on resource Utilization in Organi...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 88 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Small and medium scaled enterprises (SMEs) are no longer exempt from environmental conditions tha...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 505 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
9. EFFECTIVE CAPITAL BUDGETING AS A STRATEGY FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF THE COCA-COLA COMPANY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Capital budgeting can be explained in the context of a firm’s decision to invest its curren...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 78 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
10. IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON PRODUCTIVITY OF A MANUFACTURING FIRM (CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT This study examined how total quality management can be advanced as a tool to improving the productivity of the manufacturing industry Champi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 58 hits | Source: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT