Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study analyses some selected Nigerian English expressions. The expressions context are made up of forty (40) established English expression interpreted based on meaning and level of intelligibility which access whether they are typically Nigerian English expressions or not. In presenting the data, table were used, this enabled the researcher to present the meaning and intelligibility assessment of the selected Nigerian English. There are four tables in all representing different sub-heading under them. On the level of intelligibility assessment, the failure has the highest figure than those who succeeded.
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
This chapter discusses the background of the study, statement of the problem, aims and objectives of the study, the scope of the study, significant of the study, research methodology and model of approach adopted in analyzing the work.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The importance of language to man is inestimable especially when human interaction is considered. An effective communication processing approach should remain the bedrock of any language study. Linguistics of all persuasions seems to agree that a language should be viewed as a system, a set of elements, each of which has a function of contributing to the working of the whole (Beangrande and Oressler 1992:3) language and society develop side by side and social change brings about linguistics change.
The global spread of the English language as one of the most far reaching linguistic phenomena of our time is already an established fact evidence of the world wide phenomenon of language contact variation and change can be seen through such designations as world English new English, Modern English, West African English, south African English, Australian English, Indian English to mention just a few.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LINGUISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EPISTLE AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION: AN ANALYSIS OF ABUBAKAR GIMBA’S LETTERS TO MY CHILDREN AND MARIAMA BA’S SO LONG A LETTER» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Communication is a very important activity of life. Humans and animals communicate in different ways...Continue Reading »
» لولأا لصفلا ةمدقملا بْعبصأ لها دابعبّخدمبؿانديس نًركلا بينلا ىلعـلبسلاك ةلبصلاك,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Linguistic investigation began with a prescriptive approach. where the grammar of certain languages w...Continue Reading »
4. THE PROBLEMS FACING THE TEACHING OF YORUBA WRITTEN LITERATURE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN ORIIRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Language is the most important evolution that has happened to mankind. This is because it is cent...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Translation as a vehicle for effective communication has contributed in so many ways in education, information dissemination, cultural transf...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study One aspect of language study that attracts much attention today is sociolinguistics. It examines ...Continue Reading »
7. PERSUASION THROUGH FIGURATIVE USE OF LANGUAGE: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SPEECHES OF ALIYU MAGATAKARDA WAMAKKO (FORMER EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF SOKOT...» ABSTRACT The study is concerned with the use of figure of speech in the language of politics. The study is divided into five chapters. Chapter one int...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Due to the fact that English language is the official language of Nigeria, and Nigerian is a multilingual country, English language continues...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tenses refer to the form of a verb in English Language that clearly indicates time. We us...Continue Reading »
10. CODE MIXING AND CODE SWITCHING AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ILORIN KWARA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Code switching and code mixing are popular characteristics in the speech pattern of the average bilin...Continue Reading »