Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 141 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research work titled “critical analysis of the regulatory regimes of the petroleum industry in Nigeria” is centred on the legal and institutional frameworks of the regulatory regimes of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. The work attempted to trace the development, growth and evolution of the regulatory regimes in the petroleum industry pre and post oil discovery in Nigeria and in the same vein traced the evolution of regulatory institution in the petroleum industry. The work also examined the legal frameworks of the petroleum industry and also analysed the roles of regulatory institutions of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. Doctrinal research methodology was adopted throughout the research period. In conclusion, the work identified the following problems as factors affecting the regulatory regime in the industry; obsolete legal framework in the industry, inadequate penalties for defaulting companies operating in the industry, excess executive powers granted to the minister by the petroleum Act, fusion of corporate governance in the industry, conflict of oversight functions among the regulators and non-juristic personality of the DPR. At the end, we recommended that a speedy passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill is necessary if the obsolete nature of the existing petroleum laws must be addressed. Reduction of excesses administrative powers of the Minister of Petroleum should also be addressed by way of legislative amendment of the existing Acts, Decentralization of corporate governance in the industry should be a priority to our law makers, provision and enforcement of stiffer sanction regime should be enthroned in the industry, clear definition of functions and upgrading of DPR’s corporate personality should also be addressed by the relevant authority.
1.1 Background to the Study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF INTER-GOVERNMENTAL ACTION GROUP AGAINST MONEY LAUNDERING AND TERRORIST FINANCING IN WEST AFRICA (GIABA) IN COMBATING MONEY LAUNDERING AND ...» ABSTRACT...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian labour law relates to the enactment governing the relationship between an employer and his employees in Nigeria; it is otherwise cal...Continue Reading »
3. THE CONCEPT OF SULH IN ISLAMIC LAW: A CASE STUDY OF THE PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE OF THE KATSINA STATE SHARIA COURTS» ABSTRACT This study entitled “The Concept of Sulh in Islamic Law: A Case Study of the Practice and Procedure of the Katsina State Sharia Courts&...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Table of cases ix Tabl...Continue Reading »
5. DEED OF ASSIGNMENT AS A MEANS OF TRANSFER OF REAL PROPERTY IN NIGERIA, ISSUES, CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS» ABSTRACT Acquisition of real property in Nigeria is a right enshrined under the constitution of Nigeria 1999 (as amended). Transaction in land formed ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction A contract of sale of land is the first stage in a conveyancing transaction by which the purchase ac...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The topic “Critical Appraisal of Ta’azir Punishments under the Katsina State Shari’a Penal Code Law, 2001” is conside...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC IN PERSONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The battle against human trafficking in Nigeria is enormous and a number of measures have been employed in ensuring that the progress in the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Abrogation is generally aimed at bringing about what will be of general good to mankind. In abrogation, an existing legal ruling is replaced ...Continue Reading »
10. APPRAISAL OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS AS A MEANS OF SETTLEMENT OF LABOUR DISPUTES IN NIGERIA: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS» ABSTRACT This dissertation is entitled Appraisal of Collective Bargaining Process as a Mode of Settlement of Labour Disputes in Nigeria: Challenges an...Continue Reading »