Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 141 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research work titled “critical analysis of the regulatory regimes of the petroleum industry in Nigeria” is centred on the legal and institutional frameworks of the regulatory regimes of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. The work attempted to trace the development, growth and evolution of the regulatory regimes in the petroleum industry pre and post oil discovery in Nigeria and in the same vein traced the evolution of regulatory institution in the petroleum industry. The work also examined the legal frameworks of the petroleum industry and also analysed the roles of regulatory institutions of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. Doctrinal research methodology was adopted throughout the research period. In conclusion, the work identified the following problems as factors affecting the regulatory regime in the industry; obsolete legal framework in the industry, inadequate penalties for defaulting companies operating in the industry, excess executive powers granted to the minister by the petroleum Act, fusion of corporate governance in the industry, conflict of oversight functions among the regulators and non-juristic personality of the DPR. At the end, we recommended that a speedy passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill is necessary if the obsolete nature of the existing petroleum laws must be addressed. Reduction of excesses administrative powers of the Minister of Petroleum should also be addressed by way of legislative amendment of the existing Acts, Decentralization of corporate governance in the industry should be a priority to our law makers, provision and enforcement of stiffer sanction regime should be enthroned in the industry, clear definition of functions and upgrading of DPR’s corporate personality should also be addressed by the relevant authority.
1.1 Background to the Study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled “The Use of Child Soldiers in Armed Conflict as War Crime under International Law”is premised on an ap...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page ii Declaration iii Certification iv Dedication v Acknowledgments vi Table of Contents vii Table of Cases x Table of Statu...Continue Reading »
3. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF THE CONCEPT OF IJBAR ON THE PRACTICE OF CHILD MARRIAGE UNDER ISLAMIC LAW» ABSTRACT This study critically analyzes the impact of the concept of ijbar on the practice of child marriage under Islamic law. While child marriage i...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE PRIVATIZATION AND REFORM PROGRAMME FOR THE ENERGY SECTOR IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This Research Study titled: “” was chosen after a careful review of the process and nature of the legal framework put in place in some re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research is concerned with the role Hisba is expected to play regarding Sharia implementation in some states of Northern Nigeria and the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Over the years, laws have generally evolved ways and grounds of compensating employees for job related disabilities and risks, because, in ma...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work examines corruption, its legal effect, its meanings and peculiar manifestation in the Nigeria society. Abortive efforts ma...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NEMA) IN THE PROTECTION AND ASSISTANCE OF INTERNALLY DISPLACED PERSON...» ABSTRACT This thesis entitled: “An Appraisal of the Legal Framework of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in the Protection and Assista...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT According to the Black’s law dictionary, 6th edition trust property is defined as any money or property set aside as a trust for the be...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The essence of this work is borne out of the need to take critical look and an appraisal of the offence of Adoption under the Nigeria Legal S...Continue Reading »