Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 31 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In the name of Allah the most gracious, most merciful, praise be to
Allah, the Lord of all creatures. The one that sent His messengers with
guidance and truth, may He bless the Noble Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)
his companions and all those who follow their path to the Day of
The Almighty Allah (SWA) in the glorious Qur’an enjoins the doing
of good and forbids the doing of bad.
“There should be a group in you who invites others to all that is good and commands them to do good deeds and forbids them against evil deeds. And they shall, indeed, be successful (on the Day of Judgment)”1.
In another verse Allah says:
Therefore give admonition in case the
admonition profits (the bearers).2
1.2 Statement of the Research Problem
This work is on the impact of preaching during Walima to the life of
Muslim women in Birnin Kebbi Local Government Area.
Problems related to preaching during Walima include challenges
among women and preachers, the reason behind preaching during walima
and whether women benefit from preaching and the factors affecting preaching during Walima on the life of Muslim women in Birnin Kebbi Local Government Area of Kebbi State.
1.3 Scope and Limitations
This work would examine the impact of preaching during Walima to the life of Muslim women in Birnin Kebbi. Hence, the scope of this work is firmly on Muslim women in Birnin Kebbi.
The style of dressing and the habits of Muslim women; the entire structure of preaching during walima constitute what will be examined by this study.
1.4 Aim and Objectives
The main aim of this work is to study the various aspects of Islamic preaching during Walima in Birnin Kebbi and the extent women benefit from it.
The objectives are:
1. To find out the impact of preaching during walima on the life of Muslim women of Birnin Kebbi.
2. To analyze the relationship between the life and women and the preaching during Walima settings.
3. To bring out solutions to the problems affecting preaching during Walima in Birnin Kebbi local government area.
1.5 Literature Review
Literature review means the analysis of books or any other materials that have been written on a particular subject, or what was not written, the difference between what you do and what had been done, in order to see what has been done in the field of the research so that one makes an appraisal of efforts of the past and present scholars. This definition of literature review will guide the researcher to carryout her literature review.
Some of the books and works that relate to the area of this study directly or indirectly are reviewed in the following pages. Minhajul Muslim of Abubakar Jabir al-Jazairi talks about preaching. He mentioned its impact and how it is supposed to be delivered.
However, Shaikhul Islam, Abu-Abbas, Ahmad Ibn Taymiyya (Rahimahullah Ta’ala) in the book titled Minhajus Sunnah pinpointed the remedy taken by preachers towards the importance of delivering it to non Muslims and the Muslims both men and women in all aspects. Shaikh Muhammad Matawalay Sha’arani talks about preaching in his book Minhajus Salihen, Shaikh Sani Anwar Jamee also talk about preaching in the book ‘Silahul Mu’umin’.
The above mentioned scholars and books are generally called the men of wisdom because, they pinpointed all the aspects of preaching. But in relating their work to this research, other scholars and books that touch the side of Walima are of more emphasis.
Shayikh (Mufti) Muhammad Ibn Adam writes:
“The Arabic word walima (marriage banquet) is derived from the root word walima, which literally means to gather, assemble. The Arabs used it for meal or feast where people were invited and gathered. Later the term become exclusive for the wedding banquet. The Arabs used different term for the various feasts they enjoyed. For example; al-azar on the occasion of child’s circumcision, al-khurs for marriage not ending in divorce, al-wakira on building a new house, al-naqiah when a traveler returns home, alaqiqah on the seventh day after child birth, al-mu’duba for a general walima without any specific reason, etc3.
Moreover, the marriage feast (Walima) is a Sunnah (tradition) of our beloved messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace). It is an outward expression of gratitude and pleasure and a great means of publicizing the marriage, which has been greatly encouraged. Anas Ibn Malik (R.A) narrates that the messenger of Allah (S.A.W) saw a yellow mark on Abdur Rahman Ibn Awf (R.A) clothe and said:
What is this? He replied: “I have married a woman with the dowry being gold to the weight of date-stone”. The messenger of Allah (S.W.A) say: may Allah bless you (in your marriage), perform a walima even if it is only with a goat”.4
A book titled “Fiqh Sunnah” published by Dr. Abdul Azim Al-Badawee talks about the opinion towards Walima5. Bulugul Marami is the
book of marriage by Al-hafiz Bin Hajar Al-asqalani also emphasizes the tradition of the Prophet regarding the marriage banquet as one of the second major things carried out6. Sheikh Muhammad Salih Munjid in the book of Ala Utubatul Zawaj; he mention how prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) perform Walima7.
There is a seminar presentation during Walima made by Dr. Nasir Abubakar Kigo in Birnin Kebbi, a famous preacher and Ameer (NACOMYO Kebbi State Chapter) titled “Yake Diya ta” (Oh you my daughter) where he draws the attention of newly married brides on what to do during their marriage life such as obedience to the husband and upbringing of the children8.
1.6 Research Methodology
In data collection basically, two types of methods were adopted; library work and field work. For the library work, some libraries were visited like Abdullahi Danfodiyo Library at Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. The Birnin Kebbi Central Library at Patrick Aziza Road Birnin Kebbi, Sokoto State Central Library, Sokoto. Internet library like central mosque at www.centralmosque.com, was also consulted.
The second method consisted of interviews and observations. Thus, the field work was based on interview, phone calls and review of television programmes etc
1.7 Chapter One End Note
1. Qur’an Chapter 3 v:104
2. Qur’an Chapter 51 v:55
3. Makhtabatul Shuruq Duwaliya (1429/2008), Al-Mu’ujamul Al-Wasid, p. 1101 4th edition.
4. Abdulaziz Badawi (2003), Alwajiz Fil Fiqh Sunnah wal Kitabul Azeez, Kitabu Nikah babu Sadaq p. 333, 4th edition.
5. Abdulaziz Badawi (2003), Alwajiz Fil Fiqh Sunnah wal Kitabul Azeez, Kitabu NikaWh babu Sadaq p. 333, 4th edition.
6. Al-Hafeez Bn Hajr Al-Asqalani (1422/2012), Bulugul Maram, Qudus Publishers, Qudus p. 254-256.
7. Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Munajid ala Utubatul Zawaj, book of lailatul Zifaf wa adabiha, Saudiyya, Zad Publishers p. 48-59.
8. Dr. Nasir Abubakar Kigo, 52 years, Ameer (NACOMYO), Secretary Kebbi State Pension Board, Suru Local Government, Gesse Phase II, Interviewed on 24/07/2015.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ISLAMIC STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ROLES THAT SHAYKH ABBAS ZAKARIYYA AL-QĀRĪ PLAYS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF QUR‟ĀN RECITATION IN IBADAN» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study In every religion there is a scripture which is considered its canon of law. People of the pa...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT ON THE IMPORTANT OF BREAST FEEDING AMONG LACTATING MOTHERS (A CASE STUDY OF RIGASA COMMUNITY, KADUNA IGABI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KADUNA...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 Back...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Knowledge in its entirety belongs to Allah and man has not been given except a little of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study It is axiomatic that one of the factors that contributed to the development to Islam in Nigeria w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT At first glance, the subject of Islamic influence on the Dukku people toward the attitude of marriage seem easy to write about, but it is, in...Continue Reading »
6. THE CHALLENGES OF TEACHING ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS EDUCATION ON SPIRITUAL AND ACADEMIC FORMATION OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study sought to investigate the challenges of teaching IRE on spiritual and academic formation of secondary school students in Nigeria, ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTS OF NON MUSLIMS CULTURE ON SOME MUSLIM FAMILIES: (A CASE STUDY OF MAIDUGURI POLICE BARRACKS.)» CHAPTER ONE ميحرلا نمحرلا الله مسب 1.0 INTRODUCTION Islam means to submit freely to the commandments and will of the One and Only G...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Learning plays an important and significant role in the acquisition of knowledge. In other words, one cannot acquire knowledge without learni...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, most Merciful. This research intends to discuss on the sign...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF DA’WAH ACTIVITIES ON MUSLIM YOUTHS; A CASE STUDY OF SURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KEBBI STATE» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONAll Praises are due to Allah the Lord of universe who created and guide to aright path.There is no guide except His, May Hi...Continue Reading »