Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This is a research on problems of acquisition of materials and services to users in special special libraries in Nigeria; A case study of Imo State House of Assembly. Questionnaires were used in getting the relevant information needed for the research. The responses from the questionnaires were analysed to arrive at conclusion. The study revealed that library and information services provide reference and research support to the general assembly and its staff and legislatives information to the public. The research further studied the factors hindering the availability of information to the legislature. Recommendations were made based on the finding on ways and means of solving the problems and to make a way on effectiveness of the problems of acquisition of materials and services to users of special special libraries in Imo State house of assembly.
1.1 Background of Study
The concept of information is variedly understood, defined, used, applied and managed by different authors, writers and scholars, but all titles towards the achievement of an aim, objective or goal. But for the purpose of this frame topic, it is geared to the legislature via the library.
Waiting in his introducing remarks oparaku (2011) professionally defines an ideas library therefore, is a collection or selection of books accompanied a machinery for their exploitation operated by people trained in the necessary techniques. He informed further that in modern times, a library must also be taken to include in its resources material other than books such as periodicals, illustrations, films, records, types etc. (AVM) in addition the library must indicate or provide methods of reaching resources of information which cannot be provided from any of the graphic or other recorded sources.
Relatedly, library of congress located just east of the United States capital, is one of the largest and most valuable research special libraries in the word. It has more than 12 million books and pamphlets and millions of charts manuscripts, maps, musical compositions, engravings, lithographs and other items. The world book encyclopaedia of value 12,1976 inform that the library owns the united states collection of incunabula (books printed before 1501) they represent the earliest product of printing press, which are invented about three thousand (3000) of them, known as the vollber collection, were brought in 1930 at a cost of $ 11/2million.
1.2 Historical Background of Imo House Of Assembly
Imo State was one of the seven newly created states by the federal military government on February 3, 1976. The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, 1979, made provision for the establishment of a house of assembly in each state.
The constitution also provided that a state house of assembly shall consist of democratically elected members three times the total number of seats which of representatives in compliance such stipulations, the Imo State house of assembly consist of 90 elected numbers in the second republic.
In accordance with a proclamation by the federal military government the Imo State house of assembly as well as other state October 1999. Of the 90 pioneer members of the state house of assembly four resigned to take up other appointments in the executive arm of the state and the federal government while are died in active service thus creating five seats (house of assembly Imo State Nigeria brochure August 1980).
Contemporarily, if is understandably therefore that when the military shoots into the control of government, being a non-representative government, if takes away the soul of democracy the legislature.
Before 1985 and 1999, when the military, which is a dictatorship, kept a vice-like gripe an power in Nigeria, it scrapped the legislature in that period the legislative structure, tradition and practice atrophied and indeed were almost extinct from the fourth republic (Preface) cover 1999, if writers to assert to the return of democracy in 1999 was therefore a new beginning, a self rediscovery for the legislature in Nigeria.
The house is headed by the speaker on the legislative arm while by the clerk/permanent secretary.
1.3 Statement of Problem
As I have definition-ally established earlier on in the course of the development of this project, modern library set up, especially the “special Library in which the legislature is best with some problem. Accordingly, Justifiably, these problem range from poor budgetary government funding, poor accommodation, unqualified and at times in sufficient staff, poor motivation, administrative and corporate interference and intervention, inordinate ambition of the library attendant to get rich quick by not passing through them poor information network, lack of communication and office fools, lack of innovation and inventiveness or creativity, lack of expansion, obsolete and out-dated library stock, lack of training and retraining and library rules and regulation are known inhibiting problems for library and information services especially legislature of Imo State.
1.4 Objective of the Study
The study seeks to:
1. Asses the Library and information services to the Imo State legislature.
2. Determine the extent of government funding of the legislature.
3. Examine roles played by the workers in the library and other departments on information services to the legislature.
4. Determine or ascertain whether information rendered to the legislature is applied and used by the legislators.
5. Proffer suggestion, solutions and accommodations why necessary.
1.5 Research Hypothesis
At the end of literature review, the following hypotheses were for mutated and fasted, the mill hypothesis.
i. Poor information services are caused by library and information services unit of the legislature.
ii. Lack of consistent and organic platform of information dissemination brings about in effectiveness and inefficiency in the state legislation
1.6 Limitation of the Study
In every sphere of human activities, these are bound to be some constraints which fend to militate against the achievement of a predetermined objectives and goals. Accordingly, the researcher was faced with problems of finance, in the course of writing this project. The time frame for the project was also a threatening one; it was too short, in view of the fact of final year preogramme.
The issue of transport fares, as you are highly aware or the present cost and standard of living in the country because of distance for a student disturbed the project, but in any way, God saw us through of thro and fro to legislature (House of Assembly).
1.7 Scope of the Study
The study emphasizes the legislature. The legislature process is a widened are that touches all aspects of human endeavours for purposes of simplicity and orderly presentation of the work in the study, the researcher will the whole legislature aim of government in Imo State, which the cradle of law is making process.
1.8 Significance of the Study
There is need for conducive working relationship between the workers and legislatures (in the Legislature) as a veritable tool for a fair legislature the state in order to realize the dividends of democracy.
It is also significant that it will add to the existing literature on library and information services in the process of law making in Imo State in particular and Nigeria in general.
Finally, much has been said on process of law making or conditions in which bills are presented and approved off.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Declaration ii Acknowledgment iii Dedication iv Table of contents v Abstract vii CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Brinin Tudu village is a rural settlement presently under Gummi local government area in Zamfara state. It is about Twent...Continue Reading »
3. EUROPEAN COLONIALISM IN CAMEROON AND ITS AFTERMATH, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO THE SOUTHERN CAMEROON, 1884-2014» Abstract The study focuses on European Colonialism in Cameroon and its Aftermath, with Special Reference to the Southern Cameroon, 1884 2014. The rati...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACTS OF MODERNIZATION ON CULTURAL HERITAGE MANAGEMENT AND TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN ADO AND IGEDE EKITI, EKITI STATE» Abstract This research work concentrates on the impacts of modernization on cultural heritage management and tourism development in Ado and Igede Ekit...Continue Reading »
5. ELECTRONIC RESOURCES AND THEIR IMPACT ON ACADEMIC LIBRARY AS SCOIAL AND INTELECTUAL HEART OF CAMPUS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The twentieth century was shaped by sweeping changes in communication technologies. The emergence and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction In recent times, there has been an increase in the incidence of child labour as an aspect of child neglect. Child labour is u...Continue Reading »
7. The role of women in rural development A Case Study Of Abriba Local Government Area of Abia State in Nigeria» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of Study The most comprehensive perception of development is one that conceives a multi dimensional process in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION This work is on the inter group relations between Ukwuani and Urhobo peoples up to 1900. One aspect of Ukwuani and Urhobo his...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Igbo is an ethnic group which is predominantly found in South Eastern Nigeria otherwise known...Continue Reading »
10. THE SURVIVAL OF IGBOMINA INDIGENOUS POLITICAL STRUCTURE UNDER THE ILORIN EMIRATE SYSTEM IN THE 20TH CENTURY» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM The motivation to undertake this study on “the survival of Igbomina indigenous politi...Continue Reading »